Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CNC][POOL][PPLNS][0% FEE] Silverwolf's CNC Pool  (Read 525 times)
the1silverwolf (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:01:08 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 02:11:28 AM by the1silverwolf

I am pleased to announce that Silverwolf's CNC Pool has launched and we are ready for your miners !

We have made many fixes and tweaks to mmcfe (The web front end) in porting it to CNC.

This is a CHNcoin (CNC) Pool.

Our payout system is PPLNS, this is an great system to prevent pool-hoppers and to ensure that everyone is paid fairly, but
remember it's not the same as PPS, payouts do not happen until a discovered block has been confirmed 120 times by the network.

For more information about how PPLNS works, please visit this link : http://silverwolf.ath.cx/cnc/about

We plan to keep this a fairly small pool, new user registrations will be restricted in the future if the need arises.

Features :
* Great PPLNS payout system
* Getwork With LP support
* Support Ticket System for easy reporting of issues
* 0% Fee (May go to 1% at some time in the future)
* You can set an optional Donation % to donate to the pool.
* Detailed Stats
* Auto or Manual (Instant) Payout

Planned Features (Coming Soon):
* Stratum Support (Less Important in a PPLNS Pool, but still plan to implement it.)
* Vardiff Support
* (Our Own) Support Forums
* Once the pool is established reduce the number of confirmations required to payout a block (Faster Payouts)

To Connect :
1. Register an account then login & setup your workers : http://silverwolf.ath.cx/cnc

2. Connect your miners as follows :
   url = http://silverwolf.ath.cx
   port = 8339
   username = <username>.<workername>
   password = <workerpassword>

3. Start Mining !

For more information please read the 'Getting Started' page on the site : http://silverwolf.ath.cx/cnc/gettingstarted

--
the1silverwolf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:01:35 PM

We found our first block today!  Hop on and mine away!!

--
the1silverwolf
Jer2978itterm

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:25:51 PM

Looks nice man.
Jer2978itterm

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

Are there any pool fees? If so, how do they compare to other sites?
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:35:56 PM

Are there any pool fees? If so, how do they compare to other sites?

There are no fees at the moment, later on down the road we may institute a 1 or 2 % fee.  It depends on how many people actually choose to donate to keep the site running.

From what I've seen most established PPLNS pools have a 1 or a 2% fee.  There are a few who try to use a donation only model, but they usually run into capacity problems, where they have more miners than they can afford server capacity for so you have slow page load times and your miners can't connect...  If we need to we will institute a small fee to avoid these issues.

Oh, there is a very small 0.1 CNC transaction fee applied to withdrawals, this is to cover the fees that the client adds automatically when you make a withdrawal, it doesn't go to us.

--
the1silverwolf
Jer2978itterm

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:46:14 PM

Just checking but you are planning to be around for a long time, right? I've heard that notroll took coins from people or something. Over all i guess I am asking how you plan to run the site. Other than maybe changing a fee somewhere down the road, will there be anything else that may sneak up on the users?
Ghostman234

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:55:21 PM

I have been mining the moment I saw that it was made. It paid out as I expected it to. As soon as we found a block the site paid my account that was set up at btc-e. Not much more that i can put out as a user other than it does what it says it does. With CNC, the blocks seem small so the requirment for alot of hash rate isnt required to get paid one or two times a day. The cool thing about that is you get paid for what you put in.
Jer2978itterm

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:59:18 PM

I get that, Ive mined before. If you work for 30 min then you get paid for 30 min, or in this case hash rate.
Ghostman234

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:08:24 PM

Cool. First time on this site, but ive mined for a little bit.
Look forward to working with you.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:09:54 PM

Just checking but you are planning to be around for a long time, right? I've heard that notroll took coins from people or something. Over all i guess I am asking how you plan to run the site. Other than maybe changing a fee somewhere down the road, will there be anything else that may sneak up on the users?

My intention is to keep the pool operating as long as the CNC network functions.  The site has been tested extensively on the testnetwork and today we found our first block on the real network.  I monitored the payout and it worked exactly like it's supposed to.

notroll is a PPS (pay-per-share) pool and as I understand it what happened is that due to a coding error the site was over-paying certain miners, paying them twice what they should have been receiving.  The pool operator did not notice this error until after the pool had run out of money. For a PPS pool this is a SERIOUS problem because you can't operate a PPS pool without a large amount of coins in the pool's wallet.  this is because in a pps pool you are paying the miners in advance, betting that in the end the pool will make out ok.  In order to get the pool operating again, he took a percentage out of every users account balance, I believe it was something like 25 or 30% of whatever their balance was.  This was the easiest way for him to get back up and running again but in my opinion is wasn't the correct decision. In doing that he penalized users who had not benefited from the double payments at all.

In my opinion the correct way to handle that issue would have been : 1. Figure out who was overpaid and how much they were overpaid. 2. Get back what you can from the people who were overpaid.  3. Eat the rest, as a PPS pool operator you are taking the risk yourself.  It's not appropriate to steal from innocent users to cover for your mistake.

Since this pool is PPLNS what happened at notroll can't possibly happen here, at least not on the same scale.  Payouts don't happen until after a block is confirmed by the network, and the proceeds are divided up among the miners based upon how much work they did.  Because of this the pool isn't paying anyone in advance and doesn't need a large balance sitting around in the pool's account.  If the same issue happened here, it would be possible to review the database to see how many shares each user submitted and to do the math to figure out how much they were supposed to get vs. what they actually got.  Then you would correct the account balances accordingly.  This way you are simply correcting an overpayment, you aren't taking coins from people who earned them.

Also we have instituted a Support Ticket system, where if you have any kind of an issue you can open a ticket and receive help quickly and in a professional  manner.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:11:34 PM

Cool. First time on this site, but ive mined for a little bit.
Look forward to working with you.

Glad to have you with us, and congrats on getting the first block!

--
the1silverwolf
Jer2978itterm

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:36:54 PM

Ok, I said that I have mined before but now i have a newbie question.. lol.
Ive only mined with my video card on Lightcoin. Can i mine with my CPU on the same account?
In other words, is there a particular miner program that i need to use for CNC?

Like i said, Ive mined before but Id like to hear from as many people as i can about what ever subject
matter im working with. Sorry if this was posted in another thread but since Im already talking to you guys
I thought it would be ok if that answer was here too.

Thanks in advance.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:35:19 AM

Ok, I said that I have mined before but now i have a newbie question.. lol.
Ive only mined with my video card on Lightcoin. Can i mine with my CPU on the same account?
In other words, is there a particular miner program that i need to use for CNC?

Like i said, Ive mined before but Id like to hear from as many people as i can about what ever subject
matter im working with. Sorry if this was posted in another thread but since Im already talking to you guys
I thought it would be ok if that answer was here too.

Thanks in advance.

Sure! you can cpu mine for CNC, just setup another worker on your account and use those credentials with pooler's cpu miner.

---------From http://silverwolf.ath.cx/cnc/gettingstarted -------------------
If you are mining with your CPU:

⁃   Download the latest version of cpuminer from here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.msg654850#msg654850

⁃   Extract it to a folder and run it with command line arguments as follows :

⁃   minerd -o http://silverwolf.ath.cx:8339 -u <YourUsername>.<WorkerName> -p <YourWorkerPassword>

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:36:02 AM

Also, we just got another block!  This one was found by me!!

Cool

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:14:09 AM

I wonder who will find the next one ?

Maybe YOU ?

--
the1silverwolf