Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aquaponics farm, crowdinvesting and ICO?  (Read 378 times)
nocrazy (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:20:42 AM

Do you think it is possible to do ICO and crowdinvesting with 0 for an innovative farm that plans to work with aquaponics? This farm will grow fish, freshwater shrimp and edible plants. Would you invest in tokens widefan such a farm?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:32:12 AM

Do you think it is possible to do ICO and crowdinvesting with 0 for an innovative farm that plans to work with aquaponics? This farm will grow fish, freshwater shrimp and edible plants. Would you invest in tokens widefan such a farm?
I wouldn't invest in that to be honest. What's the point in investing in that when I could just use Bitcoin to donate to an individual with an aquaponics farm? If I gave you Bitcoin to begin an Aquaponics farm wouldn't you want to have Bitcoin instead of an Altcoin that is just going to drop in value in a day or so?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
nocrazy (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:45:12 AM

I wouldn't invest in that to be honest. What's the point in investing in that when I could just use Bitcoin to donate to an individual with an aquaponics farm? If I gave you Bitcoin to begin an Aquaponics farm wouldn't you want to have Bitcoin instead of an Altcoin that is just going to drop in value in a day or so?
Yes, I agree with you this is a wise answer. What criteria for location such a farm would you consider? In aquaponics a farm in Russia in Moscow would have sacrificed their own bitcoins?
ranreichman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 10:21:27 PM

Is this a parody? What do you mean "would have sacrificed their own bitcoins"?

Proxik

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:38:03 PM

I wouldn't invest because I am an expert in aquaculture, running an aquaponics system is already very difficult, making a profit out of it even more.

Although i like the idea, but its just very hard to make a profit out of it. Besides, I would only invest in such projects when there is a bit of proof.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:22:40 AM

While possibly good for planet, I can't really see any reason to have tokens linked to a single farm.  Maybe Farmcoin??  Lol.  Please don't make that. 

Why not just use an already known coin like BTC, LTC or Etherium and use it to purchase shares in the company.  You could probably even set up a site much like a Cloud mining site, where the shares they purchase have payouts every day or so.

My biggest problems still would be the "with 0", meaning you are wanting people to invest in a company you want to create, and you are a totally new person here with only 8 posts.  With all the scams around here, I don't think you will get much traction, but...  If you build it, who knows how many investors you will get.   Just don't go in expecting alot.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
ranev

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:43:02 AM

I like the idea of backing crypto with generative rather than extractive capital such as food production systems. To the best of my knowledge, no one has done that to date. Permacredits was going that way but they seem to have dropped off the map.

I don't think a single Aquaponics farm is the answer though. Decentralised, syntropic food production systems would make more sense IMHO. Imagine a 1000 subsistence farmers all producing diverse organic crops and using blockchain with smart contracts to track and trade surplus among each other as well as to nearby urban areas. Create an ecosystem like this and I will invest in that ICO.
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:45:25 AM

Now, the ICOs project as a place for some people mobilize investment to their company! What the hell? The farm have relationship with blockchain or cryptocurrency? I not see promising from that, look like as a type in stock market Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: