Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:24:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd like to invest 100€ for now, is this the right way?  (Read 907 times)
cryptoboss145 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:01:19 PM

Hello crypto community,

I'd like to invest my first 100€ in cryptos. Iam a economics student from germany and I read hours about cryptos over the last 2 weeks. I purchased 40€ bitcoins by now, just to see how everythings works. Now I want to invest another 100€ in cryptos. This is what Iam planning to do: Purchase 100€ bitcoin on btc-direct, transfer it over to kraken or bittrex (Iam verified already) and exchange to other currencies. My portfolio as planned: 50€ eth, 30€ ripple, 20€ antshares.

Futhermore I want to buy into the hype of Litecoin today, Iam planning to purchase additional 2 Litecoins.

Does this make sense? Am I missing something?

Please be so kind and help me out here, I dont want to do any mistakes in the beginning. Iam planning to HODL all of them and buy more at the end of each month.

Is this a good strategy for a beginner? And whats the best way to buy BTC? Should I just transfer like 100€ to my kranken account, or should I buy on pages like BTCdirect/Anycoin, only to send the money in BTC to kraken?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:29:38 PM

Holding and buying on a regular basis is definitely a good strategy. You should never sell out of fear by the way, If you are planning to browse the forum and Reddit a lot, I must warn you that some people here will be spreading FUD and nonsense so don't really give them much attention.

I also think that using Poloniex is much better after getting bitcoins, because It has more trading volume, they store funds in cold storage, and they also have the best GUI and most coins are available there. I won't recommend investing in Ripple personally because It's not really decentralized and we have seen manipulations by creating more supply etc. .I see potentials on ICONOMI so I'd advice you to invest there (Kraken and Liqui.io have this coin currently)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 09:05:36 PM

It's not going to get you a lot of profit if you just invest such a low amount into Bitcoin, but if you plan on keeping it for a really long time and also keep adding more investments, then it could work out for you.

About the additional Litecoin investment, I'd say go for it. Litecoin looks really promising, especially because they still have so many features planned.

You can check out the Litecoin development roadmap here:
https://litecoincore.org/

But the website seems to be down atm

Nalien

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:26:05 PM

Hello crypto community,

I'd like to invest my first 100€ in cryptos. Iam a economics student from germany and I read hours about cryptos over the last 2 weeks. I purchased 40€ bitcoins by now, just to see how everythings works. Now I want to invest another 100€ in cryptos. This is what Iam planning to do: Purchase 100€ bitcoin on btc-direct, transfer it over to kraken or bittrex (Iam verified already) and exchange to other currencies. My portfolio as planned: 50€ eth, 30€ ripple, 20€ antshares.

Futhermore I want to buy into the hype of Litecoin today, Iam planning to purchase additional 2 Litecoins.

Please be so kind and help me out here, I dont want to do any mistakes in the beginning. Iam planning to HODL all of them and buy more at the end of each month.

Is this a good strategy for a beginner? And whats the best way to buy BTC? Should I just transfer like 100€ to my kranken account, or should I buy on pages like BTCdirect/Anycoin, only to send the money in BTC to kraken?

What works best for you depends on your goals and risk appetite.

If you want an investment that is most likely going to outperform traditional instruments, go with a mix of BTC/ETH/LTC. I don't really know about XRP (didn't like it) or Antshares (just didn't research it), but ETH is likely a good buy.
If you don't mind potentially losing your 100 EUR investments (if you intend to invest similar sums repeatedly in the future) then study whatever new or newer coins you can find. This is extremely risky but could turn 100 EUR into something actually substantial.

If you post more about what you hope to get out of investing in Crypto I'm sure people will be able to help you out better. Without any info about your financial goals/situation and risk tolerance it's impossible to give you even remotely sound advice.
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:14:53 AM

Sound strategy, taking long positions is the best way to go when investing in crypto currency. You have an almost sure thing with ethereum an bitcoins. I don;t know what the potential is for ripple and antshares. But you could be on to something.
DesignCrypto

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:32:09 AM

If you're a bit new to the game, figure out a monthly retainer you can afford to put towards crypto.
But don't invest more than you feel comfortable with.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:39:45 AM

you are starting with a small amount of money and that is already very good decision. and also you should always remember to invest what you can afford to lose. don't get greedy because you made some profit and go all in!

also in my experience in this market you need to know two things:
1. what that coin you are investing in, is offering.
for example is it really offering some useful features that people are using, is there any reason for it to get more adopted or is it all hype and a big pump and dump

2. what does its charts look like.
this is very important. i am not a big fan of TA and i don't think it works much in altcoins but it is good to check to see if they are at least in a bubble after a pump or in the beginning stages of the pump. then invest in it is the later not former.

your investment:
i personally don't like ethereum and believe it is a very high risk investment with low returns at this point.
ripple seems to be in a dip and may give some profit but i don't expect much from it either.
not sure about antshares
but litecoin has a lot of potential not only because it is on the rise but also with all the additions lately it is being improved a lot and is becoming a good challenge.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
HitTheLow

Activity: 590

HIT the low and HOLD till moon

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:57:03 AM

Hello crypto community,

Is important take confidence with the system.. Try to purchase BTC on kraken than send a small amount on Bittrex or Poloniex and purchase a little amount of an alt-coin in fast-growing mode like XVG (Verge).

BTC: 16ZegvHooaNNUV7pZPCNoj5QSY5i8Gs6zD
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:06:22 AM

Welcome to crypto currency community, 100€ is a small amount, you can use it to learn the basics here. I wouldn't suggest buying Ripple or Antshares though. You can try low marketcap, middle volume coins in Bittrex. Since the amount is so small you use it only to learn the process, don't have big expectations. Good luck!
cryptoboss145 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:07:15 PM

I got no time to answer each post, but I want to say one thing: Thank you guys! This was really some great advice for me, I feel confidet now and Iam going to start tommorow. I've read each reply and really took them by heart. Lets go!!!!
shifty30

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:47:48 PM

switch ripple for stratis, great roadmap, great dev team, (do some read ups on the project: https://twitter.com/stratisplatform)
anyway goodluck, i started out with a small amount aswell a couple months ago right before the big pump and i am very very happy with the great returns i got so far.

my advise would be: dont be afraid for the dips.

nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:47:00 AM

It is the bast time to buy (but you have to HODL).
I predict that fiat ll still go in
and pump more
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:30:50 AM

Welcome to crypto currency community, 100€ is a small amount, you can use it to learn the basics here. I wouldn't suggest buying Ripple or Antshares though. You can try low marketcap, middle volume coins in Bittrex. Since the amount is so small you use it only to learn the process, don't have big expectations. Good luck!
No, 100€ with me is good amount and can earning extra profit everyday if the market not stand still. Small amount can helps you easy keep calm and accept your loss than using a huge funds to starting trade. Only need you can keep 5-20% profit every day, this amount can reach to 1000€ in one month!
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:50:32 AM

No, 100€ with me is good amount and can earning extra profit everyday if the market not stand still. Small amount can helps you easy keep calm and accept your loss than using a huge funds to starting trade. Only need you can keep 5-20% profit every day, this amount can reach to 1000€ in one month!
I think there are still some ways to not risk all your funds to trade staying on bitcoin trading is a good starting point and i think you can make profit staying trading with bitcoin to usd or usd to bitcoin..
If you learn and you know how trading works you can start investing in other altcoin and always check the coinmarketcap to choose what are the best altcoin to hold for a long time and short time..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: