Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:31:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin now accepted by the HumbleBundle!  (Read 3057 times)
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:04:40 PM

Guys, another Humble Bundle is out. And of course, you can pay with Bitcoins Smiley

I just bought mine, everything went smooth. Just wait for a confirmation before you click on Confirm Payment.

http://www.humblebundle.com

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1139817-bitcoin-faq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:38:27 PM

Just wait for a confirmation before you click on Confirm Payment.
Why would this be necessary? I have never done that, everything went perfectly fine.
philips

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:53:21 PM

If you click on Confirm Payment before transaction is actually is finished and have at least one confirmation, you will receive an error instead of receiving the confirmation number from Coinbase.

That is not a real problem though, when transaction is finished you will still receive the Bundle by mail.
prezbo

Activity: 430

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:27:55 PM

If you click on Confirm Payment before transaction is actually is finished and have at least one confirmation, you will receive an error instead of receiving the confirmation number from Coinbase.

That is not a real problem though, when transaction is finished you will still receive the Bundle by mail.
Well, it worked for me before the transaction was included in a block just fine.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:58:24 AM

Holy crap Alan Wake looks amazing, everything on high at 60fps with just a 7950 at stock
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:05:05 PM

I'm not sure the key is automatically mailed. I clicked "Confirm Payment" before my transaction had any confirmations and landed on a "waiting for confirmation" page. Unsure whether the page would autorefresh, I reloaded the page only to land back at the first page with the payment instructions. I waited until I had 4 confirmations but got no e-mail, so I rooted through my browser history for the payment page, found the "Confirm Payment" button still took me to the relevant transaction, was told the payment was confirmed and immediately received a download link by e-mail.

A bit clunky, the payment pages should give some more info on what to expect IMO. I'll point this out to huble bundle when I get the time.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
qualalol

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:04:25 PM

The coinbase pages seem a bit clunky -- especially not telling you about how many confirmations are needed (apparently 5) -- and showing that 0BTC are present up until that point meaning you have no way of knowing what's happening. Also annoying that the BTC price changed every time I pressed confirm payment again (how am I supposed to know that they payment will fail until it's 5 confirmations?) -- luckily the BTC amount decreased as time went on i.e. what I transferred was enough and that didn't cause any extra failures, but still not too user friendly.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:43:18 PM

It's up to the merchant how many confirmations are required. I'd be surprised if it's more than 1, but Coinbase has been running slow and we've spotted a couple of bugs.

The interface is clunky but it's not all Coinbase's fault. Bitcoin software needs to link up better (there is a URI scheme but not sure if it's actually in-use yet). Coinbase's back-end, now that's clunky.
avabit

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:45:43 PM

I didn't need to wait for any confirmations. I just sent the funds and clicked "confirm" and it sent me the keys.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:00:02 AM

It still relies on coinbase spotting the transaction and sometimes that's been slow.
qualalol

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:21:39 PM

It still relies on coinbase spotting the transaction and sometimes that's been slow.
I think that's probably the problem I had -- But anyway, just noticed there's both the bundle and also Alan Wake on sale, so just snapped that up too! This time I waited for 1 confirmation to see what happened, and that worked fine -- but I still think it really should be made a bit more obvious somewhere as to how long it could take, since people less experienced with Bitcoin etc. might get worried. Anyways, it's pretty cool that I can get stuff with my BTC, and I'm sure things will be improved with time!  Smiley
ffssixtynine

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:14:13 PM

The first problem is that Bitcoin takes an average of 10 minutes for one confirmation. I'm not sure how obvious the bundle make it.

The second problem is that Coinbase appear to have their own speed issues, not just Bitcoin confirmation times. We've had quite a number of users contact us about this and I've verified it for myself.
qualalol

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:44:41 PM

Any numbers on how many people are using the BTC option so far? Would be quite interesting to have that, and average BTC payment (probably in dollar terms) would also be quite interesting.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:08:40 PM

It would be, but high rollers need to be stripped out really as they bias things heavily.

I've posted our much smaller bundle stats up here:

http://blog.thebitcoinbundle.com/post/51726115646/sales-numbers-and-extension

I'd expect the HiB to be much higher even after high rollers are stripped out.
philips

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

And another one from Telltale Games.

At least two worth buying: Back to the Future: The Game and The Walking Dead.

Cool deal.

rayfloyd (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:36:23 PM

And another one from Telltale Games.

At least two worth buying: Back to the Future: The Game and The Walking Dead.

Cool deal.

Don't forget Poker Night!

I just bought this weekly bundle and paid 10$ trhough btc.

I'd give more but I need to save up haha

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 12:46:57 PM

I think it's great that that I can finally spend my Bitcoins for the things I love: video games.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: