Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:03:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My account has been hacked, can any mods help, please?  (Read 388 times)
myaccountgothacked (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:06:42 PM

Hi all,

My account got hacked; here is the entry from seclog;

June 29, 2017, 08:55:29 PM - sussex - password changed

I can't prove ownership with a BTC address and I set up the account years ago, so I no longer have access to the email account I used - if I can remember it....

I can prove ownership by telling a mod which people I have PM'ed and trades that I did on the account. I can also probably prove it by IP, since one of the locations I accessed the account from is a static IP.

There may be other ways I have not thought about.

This is completely my fault, I got complacent, but if any mods could help me out I'd be eternally grateful.

Fingers crossed  Wink

PS, Use a strong password guys!!!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Theymos said that the only acceptable way of proving ownership is through signing a message. Just try your best to find a way to sign a message to your BTC address and also you can use the address that you used in your trades or you'd pmed.

I very rarely recover accounts if you can't prove ownership as described above. There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. If I point you to this thread, you can't prove ownership properly, and then I ignore your future PMs, this means that I'm not going to recover your account. Create a new one.

It could be tricky and chances that you can recover your account is low. Hoping that you will recover it!
myaccountgothacked (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:38:50 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Theymos said that the only acceptable way of proving ownership is through signing a message. Just try your best to find a way to sign a message to your BTC address and also you can use the address that you used in your trades or you'd pmed.

I very rarely recover accounts if you can't prove ownership as described above. There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. If I point you to this thread, you can't prove ownership properly, and then I ignore your future PMs, this means that I'm not going to recover your account. Create a new one.

It could be tricky and chances that you can recover your account is low. Hoping that you will recover it!

Yeah, I saw that message from Theymos, I'm hoping to catch a mod on a good day  Wink since I can't sign any messages because I use a new wallet for every transaction and dump the old ones.

Like I said, I'm the one to blame.

Thanks for the help, dude.
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:42:13 PM

Hi all,

My account got hacked; here is the entry from seclog;

June 29, 2017, 08:55:29 PM - sussex - password changed

I can't prove ownership with a BTC address and I set up the account years ago, so I no longer have access to the email account I used - if I can remember it....

I can prove ownership by telling a mod which people I have PM'ed and trades that I did on the account. I can also probably prove it by IP, since one of the locations I accessed the account from is a static IP.

There may be other ways I have not thought about.

This is completely my fault, I got complacent, but if any mods could help me out I'd be eternally grateful.

Fingers crossed  Wink

PS, Use a strong password guys!!!

Since you aren't going to be able to recover this account and it's been hacked.

How bout having people TAG that account so it's not used to F anyone over?

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:19:58 AM

Since you aren't going to be able to recover this account and it's been hacked.
How bout having people TAG that account so it's not used to F anyone over?

This is the account. He still has to convince the DT members that it has been hacked.
Although I think somebody might tag it, until this is resolved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: