Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Afterburner - Boosting stuck transactions  (Read 379 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:47:51 PM

I was checking Bitrefill twitter until I saw they tweet regarding a service called Afterburner which is made by Samourai wallet. The service can be used by downloading their app from Google play, downloading is free but boosting your transaction isn't.

"To unstuck a transaction you will be charged $5.99 in BTC plus the fee required to the bitcoin miners which varies based on network conditions and transaction size"

I haven't used the service myself so that's why I'm asking here on the first place, the wallet will only work with HD wallets and will ask you for your passphrase, that made me a little bit worried but in the same time, the project is open source so I just wanna know If someone already used this and could tell us how reliable this app is.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 11:02:08 PM

Never heard that app and i think it is not safe to use their service if you just find this app in google play because most of the app in google play sometimes for cpa purposes or they use it to scam someone.. better to check the reviews there and how many people are downloading and still use it but as i can check the app is new and no important review in google play so for me its still not safe to use..
But if you can afford to lose to test 1 time just to let us know if the app can be work or not..
Look at their site app https://afterburnerapp.com/ its also new.. so beware or sacrifice your $5.99 to test and let us know..

The only safety and free the accelerate transaction for me is viabtc.. much better to use that site than downloading an app that not well known..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 12:17:37 AM

Don't even bother paying their $5.99 fee. Based on their FAQ, a change output in your transaction is required for boosting. This usually means that they will do an CPFP (Child Pays For Parent) transaction, which basically spends your change with a huge fee to cover both transactions. That you can easily do without their help.

Since they also mention nodes, it's possible that they try to force a double spend/use RBF and increase the fee, which you can do by your own as well. Service is not worth using, even if it isn't a scam.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:19:06 AM

what the guarantee if thats app not help to unstuck the transaction? why we should spent that amount to get confirmation better give more fees to the miner to get faster confirmation than we get scammed from unkown app
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:15:04 PM

Never heard of them before but it makes no sense for paying $5.99 for small transactions. The txaccelerator provided by viabtc works fine for me and it's free.
There is a service thread by one generous member here in bitcointalk forum offering free service for stuck transactions too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1955028.0

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:39:13 PM

Never heard of them before but it makes no sense for paying $5.99 for small transactions. The txaccelerator provided by viabtc works fine for me and it's free.
There is a service thread by one generous member here in bitcointalk forum offering free service for stuck transactions too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1955028.0

Free accelerators tend to have an hourly limit and there is no chance you can submit your transaction when there is a spam attack on the network or a lot of traffic sadly. I will wait to see more reviews and maybe test it If it's worth it. I know that I should pay enough miner fees in the first place but mistakes happens.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 08:24:55 PM

Free accelerators tend to have an hourly limit and there is no chance you can submit your transaction when there is a spam attack on the network or a lot of traffic sadly. I will wait to see more reviews and maybe test it If it's worth it. I know that I should pay enough miner fees in the first place but mistakes happens.

It's not worth it. Instead of paying them to edit your RBF transaction or do CPFP, do it yourself. If you do a low fee transaction, make a second transaction spending the change with double the fee that you need to be in the next block. This to miners is like 2 transactions with the correct fee, so it would be confirmed quite quickly.

You can also use a wallet that uses RBF (replace by fee), such as Electrum, so you can edit the fee after the transaction is broadcast. Both don't require a ripoff $5.99 fee, and aren't that confusing/hard to do.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: