Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Good Reason to Own Some BTC  (Read 5010 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 01:13:22 PM

Exactly! We can not only convert Bitcoins/crypto in cash but also directly spend Bitcoins if we are in crypto friendly marketplace. There are no geographical boundaries and it is the biggest benefit of Bitcoin. One can use it in any corner of the world but we need to improve the situation in order to create the crypto friendly market environment.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:16:11 PM

If you are traveling and lose your credit card, but in a country that has a reasonably active Bitcoin scene, you can sell some BTC to pay bills while "over there".

This may become an issue for us.  

Here is a case for having an online wallet, "travels anywhere".

But the thing is, not all shops in other countries accept bitcoins as a mode of payment. If you're looking into selling it in another country, you can. But then again, if you go back to your country, you'll be exchanging your money again.

In my opinion, investment-wise, bitcoins are heaven-sent easy-tp-do investments but the risks are so high. Just know the right time to invest and precisely time your buys during dips to take advantage of the trend.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:20:44 PM

The best reason to have in your life a bitcoin, is that bitcoin is not increasing its value/price. It increasing slowly, but if you really want an investment, bitcoin is here for your. Bitcoin will not improve your life instantly but it may change your life in the future.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:35:26 PM

I definitely agree with this. Here in our country, there are many workers abroad in different countries and I think having some BTC to send to your loved ones in your country is less hassle compared to the traditional way of sending money.
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

having some btc is very good. it's for money. nothing else. This is a digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it. This currency is developed by a programmer whose exact identity is not yet known
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:17:45 AM

The poster is very correct and the fact that I can spend my bitcoin anywhere is a major reason to own some bitcoin. I previously had a situation where I needed to move a purchase but my account balance was not enough but my bitcoin rescued me because I changed bitcoin for fiat and my bank account was credited.
999asdaxlkl

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:27:16 AM

This is a good idea. With Bitcoin for some expenses, it's hard to imagine what I can do if I lose anything I can afford in a foreign country without anyone I know.
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:31:19 AM

Hospitals bill payment. Incase of emergency bitcoin can save the day. We don't know our life if what will happen tomorrow. Owning some bitcoin can save your day in hospital or in school tuition fee.
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 01:53:28 PM by zedrickjuls

If you are traveling and lose your credit card, but in a country that has a reasonably active Bitcoin scene, you can sell some BTC to pay bills while "over there".

If you own btc then i'm  pretty sure that you are already secured your future because bitcoin is the future currency.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:14:34 AM

Good about owning some bitcoin is you can sell it anytime when ever you don't have money. You can carry it anywhere coz its on your virtual wallet.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Many advantages we can have if we owning bitcoin. Beside what you mention, bitcoin now become most popular invesment because can give gain more than 1000% on last year.
Smithddon99

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:22:42 AM

The future currency is here and here to remain for years,  it keeps growing like grass "BTC"
Smithddon99

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:50:58 AM

There's a very good reason why Bitcoin should be considered more as a commodity or property than currency. Its value fluctuates wildly due to speculation.
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:12:05 AM

yeah, i think this is one of the reasons i like bitcoin. we can use bitcoin as money wherever we are. although the countries where we travel do not accept bitcoin as a legal means of payment, we can exchange the bitcoin we have with the country's currency. although the process is a bit difficult, but it can be done as long as there is internet and bitcoin of course. honestly, as long as I use bitcoin I have experienced it even though I travel in the country

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:13:23 AM

That is without a doubt. A standout among other feature of Btc is we can really change over it into cash. In any case, it would be greatly improved if the nation that you will going to movement do have Btc ATM. At any rate it would not be hard on the off chance that you have Btc and wallet and another wallet so you could simply exchange the Btc that you have.
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:19:20 AM

One perfect reason to own bitcoin is its constant increase in price. Through the years it gone , bitcoin's value is increasing and caused the people to demand more bitcoin and also bitcoin gain trust and popularity. It is an investment and currency at the same time, bitcoin is a pretty good thing to own as it is flexible now in the market.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:27:27 AM

I don't think that losing credit card during trip is a real issue these days. You can quickly block your card or use Google/Apple Pay. You only need to have your phone with you, it is really convenient but you have to be more carefull with where you put your phone. It's fairly easy to find someone who would like to buy some BTC but you would have to look for them in big cities. Fortunately, localbitcoins helps with that. I usually keep my bitcoins on my encrypter computer but I will think about sending some to a wallet on my phone, just in case.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:27:11 AM

With current transaction fees it's not really worth to pay for some "small bills" since the fee will be like 50% of what you are paying for.

That is the major problem in my opinion. We need it to make it practical for small transactions as well. There should be less fees in comparison to bank transfer and credit cards for all transactions made through bitcoins. Also, with exchanges charging so much fess like for sending bitcoins and withdrawals , that it becomes a headache for the person receiving bitcoins in his wallet while converting money to fiat. If you are using it as the only payment medium for your services, these fees and extra charges can add up to a good amount.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:08:23 PM

Many advantages we can have if we owning bitcoin. Beside what you mention, bitcoin now become most popular invesment because can give gain more than 1000% on last year.
There are many ways bitcoin is helping the society in increasing the level of satisfaction and welfare of the people. The few uses of bitcoin that you have mentioned are highly commendable. Bitcoin has changed the traditional methods of clearing payments and those who are familiar with the worth of this coin are always accepting payments in bitcoin wholeheartedly. Many international flights, restaurants and educational institutions are accepting bitcoin.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:37:00 PM

With Bitcoin you can have over 500% profit from your investment, in the real world, it is not possible to earn such profit from any form of investment, also with Bitcoin your privacy is secure unlike other form of investment that your privacy is mad public and you have to go through several protocol to access your portfolio.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: