Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:00:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What devices would you like an app for?
Apple iDevice's - 5 (18.5%)
Android Devices - 19 (70.4%)
Windows phone - 1 (3.7%)
Windows Mobile - 1 (3.7%)
Blackberry - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (ANN) McxNow Windows App  (Read 1281 times)
ahmed_bodi (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:25:36 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 11:11:46 AM by ahmed_bodi

New Windows App for McxNow exchange.
Currently supports Bitcoins, Mincoins, Litecoins and Solidcoins,Devcoins,(Worldcoins added to exchange, implemented into app shortly)

• Place Orders
  • Use the ChatBox
  • View Account Balances
  • View Orderbook

https://hotfile.com/dl/223034992/e65d77f/McxNow_App-_Minor_Fixes_(3).zip.html

Any suggestions will be considered
Any Donations Welcome:
(BTC)-12ttVMv7ATL8FRTj58UFEVTXyktPjgey4B
(LTC)-LNzgn4UDZCGu2biQiELoQHCPD6EPVjCGKu
(FTC)-6wrVkkLHHsR9G74FUzgfWnSGEyG8RYN5Ky
(MNC)-MHq9g4Kd4wGVZ3X2vbbkAov95awKyQZi6r

p.s. how many people here would be interested in mobile apps?

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

autorun file in that zip, proceed with caution!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:32:24 PM

ofcourse, check it with a virus scanner if you like, everyone on mcxnow was sceptical but scanned it, used it and were happy. Autoruns are not harmful, every software cd you get has an autorun file. js.

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:35:33 PM

ofcourse, check it with a virus scanner if you like, everyone on mcxnow was sceptical but scanned it, used it and were happy. Autoruns are not harmful, every software cd you get has an autorun file. js.

You have to understand people are skeptical around here. Anyway, I'll run the program in a VMware and monitor it with Process Monitor. Let's see if it accesses something sketchy (wallet.dat for example).

ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:37:09 PM

yeah i know, far too sceptical imho.

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:37:57 PM

yeah i know, far too sceptical imho.

Not skeptical enough. People are getting hacked left and right.

Edit: If it seems like I'm attacking you personally, I'm not. I'm just giving everyone a fair warning to be careful. Nothing more, nothing less.

ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:40:03 PM

no worries.

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:17:31 AM

Virustotal did not find anything suspicious and process monitor confirmed that it did not touch the wallet.dat file, so it looks like it's safe. Smiley I haven't actually logged in with the application though, since I do not have an account. Regardless of that, I am not responsible if anything happens. Just did some quick tests. I still recommend running new applications in a virtual machine or a sandbox.

Thanks for sharing OP Smiley

ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:48:48 PM

No Problem

hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:03:18 PM

and why would anyone use an app on windows if it did the same like when u can use the web interface ? sigh..

Blah blah
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

perhaps because it was because a number of people asked for one?

ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:07:37 PM

bump for added poll

Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:29:25 PM

An Ipod/Iphone app would be great for me but knowing how apple is they probably won't allow it in there store.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Mincoins and Solidcoin. Ha ha, yeah the market for trading those coins is HUGE  Roll Eyes
Mincoin is a scam and solidcoin is a dead currency... damn when can I start trading?
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:46:22 PM

Mincoins and Solidcoin. Ha ha, yeah the market for trading those coins is HUGE  Roll Eyes
Mincoin is a scam and solidcoin is a dead currency... damn when can I start trading?

Yea, SolidCoins are kinda meh.

I can see your concerns with MinCoin. A large portion were mined in the first 3 days, I think it's around 10%. But doesn't Satoshi Nakamoto hold around 10% of all bitcoins in circulation?

Although Bitcoin users are anonymous in the sense that they aren’t identified by name, their activity is logged in a universal register of Bitcoin activity known as the blockchain. By analyzing public blockchain data, Bitcoin blogger Sergio Demian Lerner discovered someone who has been mining bitcoins—running the software that introduces new bitcoins into the system—since block 1.

In other words, this early miner was involved in creating the very first bitcoins.

While it can’t be proven conclusively that the miner is Nakamoto, Lerner is convinced by the consistent mining patterns, which have stayed the same since Bitcoin’s first block.

And besides, he adds, “this entity is the only entity that has shown complete trust in Bitcoin, since it hasn’t [spent] any coins.”

http://www.dailydot.com/business/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-fortune-100-million/

Yet, Bitcoins are seen as legitimate. Isn't that a little bit of a double standard?

MinCoin is actually relatively innovative. It has scrypt for its algorithm, very fast transaction times, low market cap. I'm not trying to push it, just saying it doesn't really look like a 'scamcoin.' SolidCoin is kinda whatever, but I don't think you should lump it in with MinCoin.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:57:13 PM

Mincoins and Solidcoin. Ha ha, yeah the market for trading those coins is HUGE  Roll Eyes

I can see your concerns with MinCoin. A large portion were mined in the first 3 days, I think it's around 10%. But doesn't Satoshi Nakamoto hold around 10% of all bitcoins in circulation?

Although Bitcoin users are anonymous in the sense that they aren’t identified by name, their activity is logged in a universal register of Bitcoin activity known as the blockchain. By analyzing public blockchain data, Bitcoin blogger Sergio Demian Lerner discovered someone who has been mining bitcoins—running the software that introduces new bitcoins into the system—since block 1.

In other words, this early miner was involved in creating the very first bitcoins.

While it can’t be proven conclusively that the miner is Nakamoto, Lerner is convinced by the consistent mining patterns, which have stayed the same since Bitcoin’s first block.

And besides, he adds, “this entity is the only entity that has shown complete trust in Bitcoin, since it hasn’t [spent] any coins.”

Yet, Bitcoins are seen as legitimate. Isn't that a little bit of a double standard?

MinCoin is actually relatively innovative. It has scrypt for its algorithm, very fast transaction times, low market cap. I'm not trying to push it, just saying it doesn't really look like a 'scamcoin.' SolidCoin is kinda whatever, but I don't think you should lump it in with MinCoin.

"MinCoin is actually relatively innovative. It has scrypt for its algorithm, very fast transaction times, low market cap"
So it's innovative because it is the same as Feathercoin, CNC and PPC but with block reward that let a few people mine 25% of coin supply in a few hours.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:06:24 PM

"MinCoin is actually relatively innovative. It has scrypt for its algorithm, very fast transaction times, low market cap"
So it's innovative because it is the same as Feathercoin, CNC and PPC but with block reward that let a few people mine 25% of coin supply in a few hours.

I think it was more around 10% before the block reward fell to 2. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 million. The total lifetime cap of MNC will be 10 million.

I think Feathercoin is capped at 336 million, and Chinacoin at 465 million.

As far as block re-targeting MinCoin is every 1min. Feathercoin is every 2.5 minutes, and Chinacoin every 1 minute.

So, they certainly have some differences, namely being the total cap.

Dacm4n

Activity: 363

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:13:15 PM

I think it was more around 10% before the block reward fell to 2. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 million. The total lifetime cap of MNC will be 10 million.

I think Feathercoin is capped at 336 million, and Chinacoin at 465 million.

As far as block re-targeting MinCoin is every 1min. Feathercoin is every 2.5 minutes, and Chinacoin every 1 minute.

So, they certainly have some differences, namely being the total cap.
The 10mil coin cap is what's keeping it alive and the main reason why I've invested a small amount of btc in it. If it went the China and Feather way of high inflation it would be dead by now.
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:51:16 PM

you all gotta admit out of cnc, fnc and mnc. it is the most realistic. Dont take me as biased though i hold some of each coin. FNC and CNC are hyperinflated.

Anyways, if i make an iphone app itll likely just be added to a cydia repo. and for android just an apk released. Dont really have the cash right now to pay for dev accounts.

ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:44:22 PM

Updated with new app

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: