Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hostedmining.com [UPDATE]  (Read 14221 times)
Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:59:59 PM

He's out and been in contact with me. Supposed to talk to him tonight on the phone.

So what's the news ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
refactored

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:02:57 PM

I'm a customer of Hosted Mining.

This news is unfortunate. Can anyone confirm that they've talked to him by phone or email?
I haven't heard back from him myself.
cptmooseinc

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:21:17 PM

I can confirm that I talked to Joe on 10/9/13. He's currently looking for a new place to put the rigs back up and online. All machines are currently safe in a storage unit according to him. He said he's hoping to have the farm back online by the end of October. That's only a couple of weeks away though, so I'm not sure how that's going to go. I told him to call me at least once a week to let me know the status of things. Any updates I get, I'll pass forward here.

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:51:40 PM

Will be watching this thread, have an unfulfilled order that was originally placed in August... Was told multiple times via email that he was shipping the replacement parts and never got anything. Haven't heard from him in literally over a month now.
Seccour
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:54:31 PM

I can confirm that I talked to Joe on 10/9/13. He's currently looking for a new place to put the rigs back up and online. All machines are currently safe in a storage unit according to him. He said he's hoping to have the farm back online by the end of October. That's only a couple of weeks away though, so I'm not sure how that's going to go. I told him to call me at least once a week to let me know the status of things. Any updates I get, I'll pass forward here.

Thanks for the information ! If he can, a direct message of him here can be good...

cptmooseinc

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:30:21 PM

Just texted him asking him to make an appearance and make a post. Not sure if he has internet access at the moment or not, which may be why he's not coming on. Asked him to call me soon with an update as well. Updates when I know something.

-Moose

int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:33:03 PM

Just texted him asking him to make an appearance and make a post. Not sure if he has internet access at the moment or not, which may be why he's not coming on. Asked him to call me soon with an update as well. Updates when I know something.

-Moose

Thanks, your work is much appreciated.
Seccour
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:58:33 PM

-Moose

Thanks, your work is much appreciated.

Yeah, thanks for all your work ! And i hope all going to be good for Joe.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:35:04 PM

Damn. I hope he can get those rigs back up soon.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
ASIC-8Tile

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:43:15 PM

[UPDATE]
Hi all,

I talked with Joe and he is meeting with a company to host our machines this afternoon.
Besides his personal problems, he is an honest and great guy. I trusted him with over 800+ BTC.
He just needs some time to get set back up.

I am the one who sent Joe 51.995 BTC to help him find a new place for all the Rigs.

Any tips, would be appreciated.

BTC address...

1KhYWsXSUbJ1fWi32rRby7or65v8Tzkq2C

Regards,
Shawn

Hi Moose,
My name Shawn. I am the one that sent 51.995 Btc to Joe to fund the new site for all of the rigs.
What is the Joe update?

Regards,
Shawn

int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:29:01 PM

Someone needs to relay to him the importance of getting back online and telling his customers what on earth is going on and what to expect moving forward.
cptmooseinc

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:56:06 PM

int3r,

I think he knows. Trust me, my frustration isn't gone at all, but I'm trying to give Joe a chance here.

int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:27:39 PM

int3r,

I think he knows. Trust me, my frustration isn't gone at all, but I'm trying to give Joe a chance here.

For sure. He seems like a decent guy from the conversations that we were able to have before all this shit happened, which is why I was so confused when he just all of a sudden disappeared lol. Hopefully everything works out Tongue
Seccour
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:15:31 PM

Any updates ?

cptmooseinc

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:13:11 AM

I had to go offshore before I was able to talk with Joe. Haven't heard anything since I've been out here. Not much communication available from the platform I'm on other than some internet. Hopefully he'll email me soon or something. If not, I'll call him the day I get back in for sure! Tentatively that's November 3rd, but is subject to change.

The first time I had talked to him, he said he hoped to have something up by the end of October. I'm going to give him that amount of time and then make a decision on what to do after that seeing as how I should be back in shortly after the end of October.

-Moose

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:54:24 PM

Well, this is going downhill, guys. I did a chargeback while he was in jail and provided more than enough proof he wasn't fulfilling the services he kept promising (his emails were enough to show that even prior to his jailing). He's now re-charged my credit card and is making claims that he wants the hardware "back" (the hardware that is still in his possession) and won't release the funds until I do so.

Dealing with my credit card company right now because I still have more than enough proof of this. I'm also pursuing this based on fraud at this point it looks like. I hoped to be able to just move on past it, but since he's now trying to flat out steal, I won't allow that to happen.

If anyone else is dealing with him, I highly suggest you do not keep delaying and you move on as soon as possible. As I said, the situation is going downhill fast.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:23:28 PM

Too bad, have been watching this thread and was hoping maybe he could pull something out of the hat but really starting to not look that way :/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:33:02 PM

Hey all, did anyone get the promised contract from Joe showing the services we ordered? If so, can you please let me know? I'm pursuing this further.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cptmooseinc

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:05:02 PM

Ranlo, I think everyone has a slightly different contract with Joe.

As for Joe, I'm supposed to talk to him tonight hopefully. If I do, I'll post tomorrow about it.

Thanks,
-Moose

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:27:19 PM

Ranlo, I think everyone has a slightly different contract with Joe.

As for Joe, I'm supposed to talk to him tonight hopefully. If I do, I'll post tomorrow about it.

Thanks,
-Moose

Thanks. He never sent me a contract (he promised one within 7 days of my purchase). Now his claims against me are that he mailed out everyone's packages. Apparently he has no tracking or anything for any of them, either.

When you speak to him, tell him I wanted to know what package he's expecting me to return, when he never sent out one. I've been trying to get ahold of him myself but he refuses to respond to me.

I seriously want to avoid taking this to court but I'm already preparing for it in case he ends up wanting to push this. A little ridiculous if you ask me, but I won't let this go. You don't flat out steal almost $6k from someone like this.

I'm also filing a formal report against his LLC with the state of Washington at this point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: