Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hostedmining.com [UPDATE]  (Read 14227 times)
xavier999

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:25:10 PM

I pretty much have the same issue as everyone else here against Hostedmining. Joe has not responded to multiple e-mails or voice mails I have left for him. While I didn't initially realize he was in jail for a bit, I know he is out now and should be responding to people and at least let them know what is going on. I mean after his recent legal issues you would think the last thing he would want is to be charged with theft, which will only compound his problems a whole lot. I mean you can't just hold people's property and ignore them and think that is acceptable.

One other avenue everyone might consider is going to www.ic3.gov and filing a complaint. It's a website setup by the government to submit Internet based crimes and supposedly they will refer the complaint to the appropriate law enforcement agency. If enough people submit a complaint against Hostedmining I am sure it will get their attention.

One last note is that my mining rig that Hostedming has suddenly came back online on 13 Dec so apparently Joe has at least some of our equipment back in his possession. I was able to remote in and get the IP address and the DNS hostname. The DNS server was owned by Charter Communications and located in Wenatchee, WA. While this doesn't mean he's actually in that city he is probably in that general area. If law enforcement contacts Charter they can tell them the exact physical address of the IP address. I sent all of that in my report to ic3.gov so hopefully they will do something with it. On a side note I noticed he was using my rig to mine for his personal LTC account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cptmooseinc

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

Wow Xavier, can you post which address these LTC are going to?

I will file a report today on Hostedmining. Joe's probably hoping to cash in on the high prices for his own benefit then try to come out with some story and get his customers back.

He actually is in Wenatchee, WA though. That's where he went to with his camper after getting out of jail. He was looking for leases in that city. He probably got one and is now getting miners set up to profit for his own gain.

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
cptmooseinc

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:02:16 PM

I've called the Wenatchee PD to file a report on this. An officer should be returning my call soon. If anyone has relevant information on Joe, please PM it to me. Xavier, I've already PMed you for more info.

-Moose

leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:49:58 PM

Wow. After reading this thread like a novel, I genuinely thought Joe would get things back up and running again after prison. Seemed genuine, and someone reliable. Really hope you guys manage to track down your assets and get hold of them again.

Should probably post this on /r/bitcoin too, and maybe some other places. His site is still up and people may still be ordering! I was going to suggest contacting his web host, but that appears to be GoDaddy. So good luck.

int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:34:51 AM

Wow. After reading this thread like a novel, I genuinely thought Joe would get things back up and running again after prison. Seemed genuine, and someone reliable. Really hope you guys manage to track down your assets and get hold of them again.

Should probably post this on /r/bitcoin too, and maybe some other places. His site is still up and people may still be ordering! I was going to suggest contacting his web host, but that appears to be GoDaddy. So good luck.

Yep best of luck to all, I can't believe it came to this... He seemed like a great guy but this sort of shit is unacceptable.
BitcoinTristate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:36:32 AM

At least everyone here has his ID and all the information they need about him. That's a great asset to have any time you are doing business such as this. I believe everything will be resolved for everyone in the end through Joe eventually forfeiting the assets or the law seizing them.

I'm just sad to hear that all this bad-ass Litecoin mining gear has simply went to waste when it was paying out at it's prime!! That's a damn shame.

Hope everything ends well for you guys.

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
cptmooseinc

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:15:48 PM

Still no word from the police. Running out of ideas now. I can only hope a new address shows up in his public files that you can buy on the Internet. At this point, I'd love to just find an obituary on this piece of shit. I'm not giving up on finding him, but I wish some of you other customers would help. If I post the case number, will you call the Wenachee PD as well and file a separate report and reference my case number to be included in yours?

cptmooseinc

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

Have you all given up?! This mother fucker has to be out there somewhere. Does no one have friends around Seattle?

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:26:42 PM

Maybe when he felt that people has given up, he will resurface.
cptmooseinc

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:01:43 PM

Mailing a letter to Nancy Councilman today. Hopefully she still lives at that address and will call or respond to me.

northman769

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:59:12 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 01:33:25 AM by northman769

Has anyone heard of any changes? I am new to the cpt currency game and on the advice of a friend bought two GPUs from this website. It still says processing so does anyone know of any way that I would be able to cancel my order and get my money back? I have also emailed and called this website several times but as you all may know, have had zero responses. I feel lost and am unsure of what my course of action should be. I think I am going to try my bank and see if they can dispute the charges on my behalf being that this website is obviously fraudulent website. any information would be great.

UPDATE: I have contacted paypal and they are going to pursue the seller and if they cannot find him they will pay me back what I am owed and then personally go after him themselves.
MsCollec
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:35:57 AM

Has anyone heard of any changes? I am new to the cpt currency game and on the advice of a friend bought two GPUs from this website. It still says processing so does anyone know of any way that I would be able to cancel my order and get my money back? I have also emailed and called this website several times but as you all may know, have had zero responses. I feel lost and am unsure of what my course of action should be. I think I am going to try my bank and see if they can dispute the charges on my behalf being that this website is obviously fraudulent website. any information would be great.

UPDATE: I have contacted paypal and they are going to pursue the seller and if they cannot find him they will pay me back what I am owed and then personally go after him themselves.

Did you just bought this GPUs recently??  He has stopped responding to calls and emails since last year
cptmooseinc

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:48:01 PM

I'm still hunting this guy. No new information on any people finder tools just yet. I'm mailing out a letter to a PO Box that may be his and another letter to his wife. Also e-mailed his dad's email again I learned from a previous tip late last year. Is there ANYONE who can help me find this POS?

MsCollec
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:02:36 AM

Seems like zif33rs is back with his new scam!

Client:
HostedMining.com

Project:
Hosted mining services

Salvation
Coin silhouettes makes a shape of a cloud.
Middle coin adds a little bit of dynamic as a reference to mining.
Colors were sampled from website (WIP).

Any feedback is highly appreciated! Cool

Currently I'm working on: 3 Projects (Updated June 18th, 2014)
Am I available? YES!
Please write me a PM or email bitcrea@yahoo.com

Precise and high quality aesthetic result guaranteed!
CryptoNames

Activity: 423

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:34:45 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 12:48:05 AM by CryptoNames

MsCollec et al.,

Would like to clarify that the HostedMining.com domain name is now owned and operated by us (CryptoNames.com). The previous owner let the domain name expire and we purchased it at auction. Would be happy to provide evidence regarding our claims of ownership and answer any questions that anybody may have. Hopefully, it is evident that we have no affiliation with zif33rs, nor is the new HostedMining.com anything even remotely similar to the old; as our service is 100% free and community based  Wink

HostedMining.com is a 100% free community-based service that we have built to help crypto currency miners research and find the best places to host their mining hardware. Consumer reviews, interactive map and directory, pricing information, and more for crypto currency hosted mining (colocation) services.

Best,

CryptoNames.com

cptmooseinc

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:06:35 PM

I've contacted a Private Investigator in Seattle. He now has all the information on Joe that I have. It's going to cost me $65/hr to use his services, but from what I've found online about him, he's pretty damn good.

If I'm able to locate Joe's whereabouts through this PI, I will share it freely on this thread. I will post a donation address though after I get the final bill if Joe is located to hopefully get donations from any victims if the information proves helpful in recouping losses associated with this.

The PI even said if he locates Joe, he will go try and see him and demand the equipment be turned over to him in its entirety right then and there. Otherwise, the legal route we go!

Thanks everyone,
Moose

cptmooseinc

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

The PI had located Joe at his Algona residence that he owns. The investigator spoke with Joe and he refused to talk and refused to give a phone number. I will be contacting the company's attorney tomorrow to talk about pursuing a civil suit. I will inquire about whether or not multiple people can join in. If any of you are interested please PM me.

I've spent $200 on the PI already. I have no idea what the lawyer will cost. $15000 worth of computer equipment and loans is worth pursuing. I hope some of you with systems with him will contact me and we can pursue this together to take this bastard down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: