I'm considering providing a fairly detailed description of the security arrangements for the backend of my project here on this forum. The reasons for doing this are
1) it is a good way to get a lot of eyes onto the flaws in the system,
2) I don't believe in security by obscurity,
3) it will help others to create related services in a secure manner thus contributing to the overall impression of Bitcoin as a trustworthy platform on which to do business
However, I'm concerned about doing this because
1) it is a good way to get a lot of black hats looking at the flaws in the system and keeping quiet about them until they can pounce,
2) sometimes keeping people in the dark can slow them down as they attempt to crack the system,
So... I need some reassurance from the experts here that I should do this. At least 5 positive responses should be enough to convince me.
BTW I have put considerable professional expertise into this design - it is not half-baked.