Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:51:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper wallet confusion  (Read 301 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:25:14 AM

With the August 1st event looming, I decided to make a paper wallet, and after seeing how it works, my primary concern is this I have say 100$, now I use a x wallet put 50$ completely use that money, now remaining balance in my paper wallet, how do I move it into another wallet as it says that my paper wallet is then at risk, how do I go from here, if someone can explain it simply and also suggest wallets would help a lot.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

If you use a paper wallet's private key, you probably used it online to send coins, thus being at risk. You can create a new paper wallet and send the remaining funds to this new paper wallet or to a wallet of your choice.

Beware with change addresses when retrieving partial funds from a paper wallet.
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:36:58 AM

I hope I get your question right, you want to know how to deposit, and withdraw from a paper wallet?

1. go to https://www.bitaddress.org and move your mouse for randomness in the key generation
2. you will get a public and a private key.
3. Deposit to the public key, now your funds are in the paper wallet
4. To withdrawl you will have to import the priv key of your paper wallet into a wallet installed on your PC or mobile (f.e. I got a app for my mobile which can scan the QR code, so I won´t have to type the priv key manually)
5. You should propably print out your paper wallet, to actually get it on paper

[could be your ad]
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:58:37 AM

With the August 1st event looming, I decided to make a paper wallet, and after seeing how it works, my primary concern is this I have say 100$, now I use a x wallet put 50$ completely use that money, now remaining balance in my paper wallet, how do I move it into another wallet as it says that my paper wallet is then at risk, how do I go from here, if someone can explain it simply and also suggest wallets would help a lot.

These paper wallet use to have the private and public key for an address printed usually. Some clients and software will generate this for you to simply writing it down.
If you are planning on depositing a amount of bitcoins to the different wallet, make sure paper wallet has some good ones outlined on their site. Keep in mind that anybody who knows the private key can access the bitcoins stored in it as their own now or at any time in the future. It's important that only you and the recipient are aware of what the private key is!
They could potentially lose some of the balance if they only transfer a part of the balance off the paper wallet.
I won't suggest this especially send by email. Safest option is sending a btc to someone via btcnetwork.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: