Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There is an epidemic in this community...  (Read 732 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:46:09 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 02:40:49 AM by gweedo

The epidemic is how people ignore security, experience and skill for price. These 3 things go hand in hand and allow free lancer's price go up. Most people here understand that, but I have a feeling that new people don't. I think people think the lower the price, or even free, is something they are willing to risk. I have to disagree, of course cause I can see the person or people are just setting a lower price to get the job, and do it in maybe an hour or 2. I think we need to start recognizing this as a problem, this will lead to many sites getting attack and hacked. I look at so many sites, that I could easily drain 100's of coins from, of course I do the right thing and notify the admins ASAP, but people aren't that nice like me. I actually want to see sites succeed and bring bitcoins closer to a boarder community. I hope this will help people to go more with experience and skills in the community then just take a greedy price, it will be good for the short term and worst for the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:31:28 AM

When I first read the title, I thought the epidemic was of people who don't know the difference between "their" and "there". But I guess that other thing's pretty bad too.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:42:10 AM

When I first read the title, I thought the epidemic was of people who don't know the difference between "their" and "there". But I guess that other thing's pretty bad too.

LMAO I have an Ivory League education so yeah, don't care but I fixed for you.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 02:54:42 AM

They don't teach they're/there/their in Ivy league colleges?

Or is just that you think a fancy degree excuses intellectual laziness?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:16:43 AM

LOL neither, but I didn't realize I was being graded, next time just give me the heads up.

P.S Can't troll a troll Wink
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 01:23:44 AM

LOL neither, but I didn't realize I was being graded, next time just give me the heads up.

P.S Can't troll a troll Wink

Shouldn't their be an period or a exclamation point thingy after the end of the sentence.  Grin
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:54:12 AM

I've learned a lot more here on the forums, than I did in school. I caught on the language skills from this forum, rather than I did in school.

I've learned the difference of their and there, how to convert btc prices back and forth, multiply and divide, comma's, from here at the forum. I still really do not understand the to vs too. I've looked it up, and it just doesn't register to me how to and when to use to and too in a sentence, I believe I don't understand the "too" part. There is a lot of other stuff I learned from this forum.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:01:44 AM

He didn't say he had attended an Ivy League college, he said Ivory League. It's one of the most prestigious school in Africa. They train the best of the best poachers.  

Just kidding gweedo, but I did manage to amuse myself.
jolonnar

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:03:41 AM

I've learned a lot more here on the forums, than I did in school. I caught on the language skills from this forum, rather than I did in school.

I've learned the difference of their and there, how to convert btc prices back and forth, multiply and divide, comma's, from here at the forum. I still really do not understand the to vs too. I've looked it up, and it just doesn't register to me how to and when to use to and too in a sentence, I believe I don't understand the "too" part. There is a lot of other stuff I learned from this forum.

Your commas are a little off here, just to let you know.

"I've learned a lot more here on the forums, than I did in school. " - no comma before than.  Likewise with the rather.
No apostrophe on the commas.
Too = too many (amount of things).  To = to someone (not referring to an amount).

My apologies--I mark papers for a living, and always believe in being helpful to students.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:26:01 AM

What is an Ivory League education? I have never hears of this Ivory league before?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:40:48 AM

Your commas are a little off here, just to let you know.

"I've learned a lot more here on the forums, than I did in school. " - no comma before than.  Likewise with the rather.
No apostrophe on the commas.
Too = too many (amount of things).  To = to someone (not referring to an amount).

My apologies--I mark papers for a living, and always believe in being helpful to students.

There is more to the to/too thing than that, which makes it even more confusing.

'To' is actually two different words, and 'too' likewise has two meanings (and we are totally leaving out 'two', that's a number so it makes more sense how it is different). There is 'too', which can be 'more than enough', or 'also'. 'To' can be a preposition, or part of a verb.

We are having too much fun. (amount)
We are having fun too. (also)
We are going from here to the store. (preposition, gives direction)
We like to have fun. ('to have' is the action we like)

Then you can put them all into one sentence:

The two of us are going to go to the store and have too much fun too. (This makes sense if the guy you are talking to has expressed his intention to get rowdy at the store.)

I hope that helps you to use these two words correctly too.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 02:41:27 AM

He didn't say he had attended an Ivy League college, he said Ivory League. It's one of the most prestigious school in Africa. They train the best of the best poachers.   

Just kidding gweedo, but I did manage to amuse myself.

Now I am little embarrassed. It is cause I am a coder, hey I can spell public, private, new, static, method, class like a boss LOL

*because.

FYI: You're always being graded.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:51:07 AM

@jolonnar & Peter Lambert.

Thank you both, I will try to absorb and remember the schooling above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: