Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Self-Driving Vehicles  (Read 744 times)
E-Wallet.top (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:44:06 AM

Would you feel safe and able to relax while your car drives autonomously?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
robeth

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:57:51 PM

Maybe I would be scared or amazed to be in that car,,, Grin

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:05:31 PM

Nope, I don't ever plan to be in a self driving car. Being someone somewhat experienced with technology I know how easy it is for the tech to screw up (or for the government to try to kill you by hacking you car, check out the valt 7 leaks).
I'll drive myself.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
DarkKnight68

Activity: 81

Make Your Passion Your Addiction.

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:13:14 PM

Nope, I don't ever plan to be in a self driving car. Being someone somewhat experienced with technology I know how easy it is for the tech to screw up (or for the government to try to kill you by hacking you car, check out the valt 7 leaks).
I'll drive myself.

Dude, the time will surely come wherein you will no longer be physically able to drive a car and you need to go somewhere just by yourself, imagine how lovely it is if you have a self-driving car during those situations.

I would feel safe and able to relax while my car drives by itself because I am confident in the technology made by man, and if every something bad happens to me, my lawyers will take care of it and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up rich as hell.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 03:18:29 PM

i prefer to drive with my 2 hands, than to rely on artificial intellegence to drive my car, plus theres a study that its prone to hacking, imagine you enable self drive then the hacker manage to control your vehicle, its not a good idea at this time, maybe in the next 20-30 years but not on this generations.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:24:17 PM

I understand that google is building something like this with every new gadget they are making population more and more "stupid" and they are taking their will to learn new things. To be honest I still love the feel and I still will chose to be able to drive my car than to let some program to do it. As we know every program can be hacked no matter how safe and secure it is made. So imagine this even if the car is super safe there is just a possibility that somebody might hack into it and cause the car to crush into something. I feel safer when I am the driver.
Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:26:07 PM

Flying Cars will materialized first than self drive vehicles. its still on early development, even the self parking moves is not yet perfect.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 04:29:35 PM

I'll be a little concerned about individual hacks and agencies hacks (like NSA or CIA). Anything online that doesn't need direct human control is dangerous.
mainston

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:25:00 PM

I really wouldn't feel safe.
pureladybee

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:36:26 PM

After they've been tested for minimum 5 years and without mistakes, YES. 
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:29:19 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 06:44:51 AM by galestorm

No, im not entirely confident of the "self driving car" idea because it is not well developed yet and there is a risk that it might be hacked. Best leave the driving to humans.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
compucoin.top

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 08:11:26 AM

Hacking is a big problem so may your car is controlled by someone else, like a RC toy Shocked
espante

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:15:41 AM

Yes because they are much safer than a manual person driving and in fact it should be possible to turn off the autopilot anyway. I still wouldn't sleep in one until I got used to it though.
gueorguiev

Activity: 171
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:40:12 AM

After they've been tested for minimum 5 years and without mistakes, YES.  

No tech is ever perfected. But if the tech is developed to a point where the margin of error is so small it is negligible then generally it is accepted by society and is deemed safe. Heck, just getting into a car and driving is a big risk within itself.  Autopilot has come quite a ways since its inception and is getting close to the point where you could travel great distances without any human interference.

In terms of the hacking thing, I agree that it is an issue, but I think that people are over estimating their importance and let it feed into their paranoia.
shelly154

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

How could anyone feel safe on autonomously?? Weird question
senyap101

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:24:47 AM

i prefer to drive my car manually because automatic seems so dangerous as you never know if your car malfunctions or break down... Better to drive it yourself
gueorguiev

Activity: 171
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:11:40 PM

How could anyone feel safe on autonomously?? Weird question

I don't think you realize how many things you use daily are autonomous. Let's look at elevators for example, which is something that has faced the same scrutiny that autonomous cars are currently facing. Up until the 1950s almost all elevators were operated manually and then people were told that all they had to do was push a button and let it do it'd thing. There was a lot of skepticism and confusion about the safety of it but years later it became commonplace, just as autonomous vehicles will.
Fr33M@n

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:03:32 PM

this technology itself is very interesting for me but I wouldn't trust my life to technology that is still in alpha or maximum beta stage...

on now moment I think all this autonomous driving can ONLY ASSIST drivers, but no way to substitute drivers... it is too early IMHO
Dadan

Activity: 788
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:54:18 AM

Of course, of course, but I just have to tip it for the sake of avoiding the disgrace without cellphone when you drive because you can collapse, so please be careful.
LilibethSantos

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 02:06:44 AM

Seeing that there are flaws in GPS applications and Google Maps, I still don't trust technology to be driving around on the streets. If a street is incorrectly mapped in its navigation, how do we know it won't just plow into some kids or ram into the side of my house? Things like automated trains and perhaps buses with very specific routes might be viable right now rather than personal vehicles.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: