Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Idea - The Bitcoin Mission - Bitcoin Missionaries  (Read 1003 times)
Earthlite Organics (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 03:51:59 PM

This is a concept I've been baking my noodle over.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer or a coder, which is why I want to turn this concept into a community project.

The key to making bitcoin stronger is to diversify the goods and services offered.

Can we create a mission of sorts? With bitcoin "missionaries" helping in a given locality?

I am avoiding using the word consultant because I think something like this should be a free service to help spread the use of bitcoin.

For example, we have San Francisco Bitcoin Mission - it could be a physical address or just a person or people (Bitcoin Missionaries) that an interested business owner could meet with. They can learn more about how bitcoins, the markets, and the various programs supporting bitcoin work. Said bitcoin missionaries could help them connect locally with fellow bitcoin users and merchants.

Take that template and use it all over the world!

It would be best to keep it a free service, but do you think donations should be accepted?

Thanks for your input,
Shfinkel

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCcommodities

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 04:22:38 PM

This is actually a grand Idea - you wouldn't even need to make this a "project" - just make it known that you are the bitcoin man in town and spread the word.

The "project" part would be for webshop providers to incorporate bitcoin as a mode of payment.

Disposition

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:07:12 PM

I don't mean to jack your thread but that's exactly what I'm trying to do over at

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=17167.0

I have already contacted 3 local business and got them on the know with Bitcoins, they are very excited;

and if you haven't heard, Meze Grill in mid-town Manhattan is actually accepting Bitcoin payments based on live mtGox pricing! I've been getting feedback from the owner and writing an Merchant Android app to ease the payment process.

Lots of stuff going on! not to mention some personal stuff. e.g. day job or my private pool.

Earthlite Organics (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 07:52:05 PM

I don't mean to jack your thread but that's exactly what I'm trying to do over at

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=17167.0

I have already contacted 3 local business and got them on the know with Bitcoins, they are very excited;

and if you haven't heard, Meze Grill in mid-town Manhattan is actually accepting Bitcoin payments based on live mtGox pricing! I've been getting feedback from the owner and writing an Merchant Android app to ease the payment process.

Lots of stuff going on! not to mention some personal stuff. e.g. day job or my private pool.

Its alright we don't have to compete with ideas we meege them together.

the project part of the project would be providing a framework so that a person in his or her given locality can get the tools they need - to help business owners and individuals convert part of their business into 1 that supports and deals in bitcoins
 almost like a social network that is built around bitcoins... where the main focus is fostering growth instead of social interaction
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: