Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ico team salaries  (Read 1610 times)
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

I think they settle a certain amount for paying the important people, of course the salaries would depend on the level of experience you have and I highly doubt anyone would divulge and tell how much their salaries are. But if you have the guts to ask this question to the people involved then why not try then. Why were you curious in the first place? Are you trying to apply for the said position?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:50:16 PM

Until now I have never know how the calculations are given to the teams in ico. But in my mind they are paid based on the idea of ​​the project they are making and develop how much the project will grow in the future as well as their experience which I think will make them a Get paid big. Because a good person's experience will increase her credentials
injoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 04:08:11 PM

Hi guys!
I am curious about what is the average salary for each of the ICO team job positions. Maybe someone have some information about that.

Advisors, Developers, Community managers, Marketing managers?

For ico teams, it would be right to focus on the self-worth that the team develops rather than on salaries. It is a good ecosystem to work together enthusiastically to raise the value of issued token. The increase in the value of the token issued is due to the value of the team project. If salary exists separately, it can be seen as a company, and if the company is for profit, I think the ipo procedure is better than the ico procedure.

[Smart contracts used by 7 billion people : www.injoin.in]
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

if I know it I will not hesitate to tell you. but obviously this is a question for me personally and very curious.
maman09

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:12:01 PM

Hi guys!
I am curious about what is the average salary for each of the ICO team job positions. Maybe someone have some information about that.

I do not know. and not interesting to know. lol

I think they get a big salary and benefit from their involvement in the ico project.
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:44:00 AM

whatever the ICO manage to raise divided by the amount of team-members

Haha! Great one!

To answer the question: if you are a founder, then you should not even take out a salary. The ICO tokens you get is the compensation you should enjoy, and the tokens should be distributed in a vested form, with a long term vesting period and cliff issuance.   If you take out any salary, it should be well below market salary, imho. If you go over market salary, and you don't produce in the ICO, then investors can go after you legally.

Very well said. The whole point of ICOs is to raise funds towards project development and not even a part of funds raised should be taken as the 'salary' for anyone either the employer or the people working under him. Most ICOs hold a good amount of coins for 'the team' and this should be their takeaway from the project for all the work they would have put into it. It would be a blunder if the funds raised in the ICO were termed 'salaries' for the team and they fail to show any signs of developments towards the project at hand which is happening with a lot of projects lately.

I'm not sure I agree with this - or maybe I misunderstand. As a project manager of software development projects, I work between 40 and 60 hours each week. I am paid a salary for these hours each week, which is how I pay my bills, feed my family, etc.  If I were to plan and execute an ICO for the purpose of funding my project, and I switched from my job to managing the software development of this project over the next year or two, how would I pay my bills and feed my family?  Am I supposed to somehow work on the project for free?  When you allocate funds on an ICO to the development of a project - especially the development of the software project, what, exactly, are your major expenses if not the salary of the team that is building the software?  Servers?  Not really. Development Tools?  I don't think so.  Those are tiny fractions compared to the human resources that are your project managers, senior and junior developers, engineers, and even business people that might need to help you market the use of the token you are creating.  So ... not really getting what the money is supposed to be used for if not even a part of the money raised should go to salary.  Am I missing something there?  Thanks... 

weredo911

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

Hi guys!

I think they will be paid by tokens. Because this is a new project. The fund must be used for developing of projects, not for salary. After project succeeds, they can sell tokens to earn money.

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
artbtc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Envion - Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:04:30 PM

Hi guys!

This will also depend on whether you hire in-house team or outsource. With outsourcing an agency for at least part of the ICO-related management, you can optimize these costs. Plus combining a salary with a success fee is always a good idea.

EthereumBoy

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:07:51 PM

If you want run ico save huge amount of cash. Marketing cost around 1,000,000$ and workers cost other 1,000,000$ so dont start ico. Icos are scams and 0.1% of them realy make it. If you want spen 2,000,000$ send them to me and I can spend them. Dont think about making ico. PLEASE.
zxcv cool

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

Developers pay not very high, project sponsors can make a lot of money, and now many projects are tens of millions of dollars, so they are profitable.
 Shocked

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:34:20 PM

Hi guys!

Most don't take a salary. Remember most of these ICOs are start ups. Most have zero seed money, hence they do an ICO to raise funds. There will be a certain number if tokens allocated. They just split the coins that have been allocated to the team. On the ICO s I have seen its usually 10% to 20% of the total tokens. So in the end it all depends on the success of the project. It it does well, then the tokens are worth a lot... If not, the tokens aren't worth much.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:35:39 PM

I don't think most of them get paid in Fiat but they all have tokens percentage allocated to them and have vesting period. Those that get paid are the main developers that work on the platform, but these list above always have private information like inside trading that help benenfit them when they want to sell their tokens
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:22:08 AM

I actually don't have any idea about their salaries but I think they're earning a lot of money. Because of course, they're part of the team.

ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:16:16 AM

It would depend on the understanding of the team prior execution. The rest would just fall in place. That is why it is important to consider the team behind the ICO because it would mean they will be able to execute. True they can always hire the right people. Then you need to spend aloooot of money to get the right people on board. So how much they get paid is contingent on what they need to spend on.

Gontxi

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:31:10 AM

Hi guys!

I think they will get great reward from the reward for the team. what else if ico succeed, maybe they will get bonus. but I dont know how much they can get.
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:06:44 AM

Usually the all team have 5-20% token sale share. Then they will split that share for their member. Advisor mostly dont get those share, main devoloper will get the most share.
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

Apart from token shares for the team, I think most ICO's are using freelancers and outsourcing as much as possible. I'm thinking for content, marketing and so on. The close team might be on a real paycheck but even those are with the "you'll get coins when we launch" kind of agreements.

NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:01:13 PM

I think they settle a certain amount for paying the important people, of course the salaries would depend on the level of experience you have and I highly doubt anyone would divulge and tell how much their salaries are. But if you have the guts to ask this question to the people involved then why not try then. Why were you curious in the first place? Are you trying to apply for the said position?

It is funny, but as I know - sometimes bounty participators get more $ per month than community managers and other staff of the ICO's and projects. I dunno how it happens, but that's the thing I heard from my friend.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
ETHivan

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:18:02 PM

To run an ICO you should have at least $100k. 70% of which is for pr&marketing and the rest goes to developer salaries & admin expenses.
Salaries depend on GEO where you hire people. US&Western Europe are expensive, Asia and Eastern Europe are cheaper.
Abdelirius@Tokeny

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:20:27 PM

Hi guys!

Most don't take a salary. Remember most of these ICOs are start ups. Most have zero seed money, hence they do an ICO to raise funds. There will be a certain number if tokens allocated. They just split the coins that have been allocated to the team. On the ICO s I have seen its usually 10% to 20% of the total tokens. So in the end it all depends on the success of the project. It it does well, then the tokens are worth a lot... If not, the tokens aren't worth much.

I disagree. An ICO campaign takes money to put in place. From preparing all the content to attending conferences to developer costs of designing the software and creating an alpha or an MVP, all those things cost money. What usually happens is that the ICO founder initially goes to small investors to get a certain amount that will help them launch a decent ICO campaign. Once they obtain that amount they divide it among various resources depending on where they see their priorities. So the salaries are not something fixed and I don't even think it's something ICO launchers discuss publicly. It's really up to each founder's discretion and the worker's willingness to work.

Then again, most ICOs will go for freelancers so you if you want to have an approximation check out the hourly rates of those positions on freelancing websites Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: