Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you invest Bitcoins in Kenilworth Exploration?  (Voting closed: May 20, 2013, 03:24:01 AM)
Yes - 6 (15.8%)
Maybe - more information required - 23 (60.5%)
No - 9 (23.7%)
Total Voters: 38

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenilworth Exploration (Australian Mineral Exploration)  (Read 5760 times)
Prendergast123 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 10:57:09 PM

Hey guys i'm based in Australia, i would be intrested in checking this out for myself and others, if you guys want? I will vouch for it, if its legit.

- Ok, we are willing to facilitate in any way possible.
Would you need a tour of the Exploration Licenses? If you are I recommend filming as the Australian Outback is breathtaking.   

Hit me up on #bitcoin-aus and can organise a time and date to go there and check it out.

- Was that question directed to me? Here is the direct line to Patrick (patrick.prendergast@me.com)

Appreciate a tip or donation to help cover expenses, tho i'll put in 2btc myself which, i'll send to any of you guys to hold. I can always check and keep an eye on these guys for other crypto investors as well.

- Great idea, looking forward to hearing from you.
We can set up a Skype conference call or possibly schedule a google (Hangout) meeting whereby everyone can simply login. How does that sound?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 10:58:30 PM

Boring, yet another mining investment Wink

- I assume the wink is implying sarcasm...
Is there another mineral exploration company carving out 1/3 of its % holdings and offering it up in exchange for Bitcoins? If so I'll eat my hat. (first I'd have to purchase a hat but then yes I will proceed to eat it)

Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 10:59:50 PM

The thing about companies claiming to mine a gold mine, trading over the counter, is that historically it doesn't matter how much information they give, all of it can be for not.

- Not sure what you are referring to.

can't wait till we here about the geologist, carry on.

- Geologist carry on in what manner?

Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 11:03:41 PM

I have absolutely no physical mining experience and very little investing experience.

- Understood, but thank you for expressing an interest. If you have any questions or require information on any aspect of Kenilworth Exploration, please do not hesitate in asking.

I voted Yes because if this turns into a real offer, traded for example at a couple of reputable exchanges (BTCT and Bitfunder comes to mind), then I would welcome a serious non-crypto stock to be traded for crypto currencies.

- Thank you for polling, as we are with this poll attempting to gage the level of interest in the Bitcoin community.

I would, of course, do proper research before I put a dime into this, but I think this kind of stock is exactly what the crypt community needs to break some of its geeks-only reputation.

- Very well put, with any investment all risks and rewards should be fully understood. We will be here to assist in any requests you may have in the future.

I'm slightly concerned that you're asking for $3M, though, especially if you're looking to get all of that through BTC. If BTC crashes, you're out of money.

- Again this poll should give an indication of the level of interest in moving forward. My personal view of the Bitcoins future and stability is one of great expectations.
That said yes there is an inherent risk that the volatility of the market could result in Kenilworth holding Bitcoins till a price point is reached. It will not however change the fact that the Bitcoin invested will still have a large share in the companys future profits.

If you simply take whatever you get in BTC and convert to fiat, you've basically just created a currency pass-through.
I realize you're getting your incomes in gold, not in fiat, but I doubt you'll be paying in gold or BTC when you hire that fancy chopper. All your expenses seem denominated in fiat, so what is BTC bringing to the table here, except as just another non-gold currency?

- Efforts are being made to have Bitcoin as the transaction currency for our explorations.

Good luck, watching this space.

- Thank you, we anticipate a positive poll (fingers crossed).

BitHub

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:54:38 AM

Thank you, yep i have a nice video camera so be good to take some pictures and video. I'm also pretty good friends with Ukto from BitFunder. So if it all goes well i will definitely be recommending and helping to get you guys on there. Let me know when the skype of google hang out is ready. Tho i would still like to come there and see it for myself and investigate a little on behalf of the crypto community.

But in my opinion this is a really interesting project and i'm very open to it, potentially could be a bigger deal than ASICMINER.

*alot of the stuff i was saying was aimed at other potential investors.
Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 11:36:09 AM

Thank you, yep i have a nice video camera so be good to take some pictures and video. I'm also pretty good friends with Ukto from BitFunder. So if it all goes well i will definitely be recommending and helping to get you guys on there. Let me know when the skype of google hang out is ready. Tho i would still like to come there and see it for myself and investigate a little on behalf of the crypto community.

But in my opinion this is a really interesting project and i'm very open to it, potentially could be a bigger deal than ASICMINER.

*alot of the stuff i was saying was aimed at other potential investors.

- Reply sent in PM.

bb000

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:55:55 PM

We are offering a unique opportunity for Bitcoin holders to directly impact and participate in mineral exploration in Australia, utilizing the most advanced electromagnetic investigational techniques to identify mineral reserves underground. Your investment allows this to happen in a fast and efficient manner and you can follow as your asset value appreciates over a period of four months.

Why are you considering raising funds through bitcoin rather than more traditional routes?
Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:53:09 AM

We are offering a unique opportunity for Bitcoin holders to directly impact and participate in mineral exploration in Australia, utilizing the most advanced electromagnetic investigational techniques to identify mineral reserves underground. Your investment allows this to happen in a fast and efficient manner and you can follow as your asset value appreciates over a period of four months.

Why are you considering raising funds through bitcoin rather than more traditional routes?

- This poll is directed at the bitcoin community to see if there would be an interest in a non crypto stock. (thanks to those who have polled)

- Bitcoins positive attributes are as I am sure you will agree from other forum postings something that is to be excited about. There is a great need for new venture fund structure within Australia (http://tinyurl.com/bve9hev) and bitcoin could offer that if it embraces the non-crypto world.

- We anticipate Bitcoin to make a difference in areas where conventional capital has lost its nerve due to quantitative easing etc. We are not alone, with a great project in hand awaiting funding. There are similar mineral exploration and other opportunities all over the globe that are stalled due to absence of venture funding.

- Bitcoin could fill this void in global venture capital space but only time will tell if it has the boldness and confidence that is needed. Once the Crypto community realizes its strength. Ultimately to be the first (truly global) non-territorial, cyberspace hedge fund.

ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:37:15 PM

whats the estimated return?

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:54:39 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 09:07:43 PM by Prendergast123

quote author=ironcross360 link=topic=200701.msg2143062#msg2143062 date=1368535035]
whats the estimated return?
[/quote]

- Apologies for the delay, I'm compiling an answer into what I hope will be an easy to understand chart.
Please bear with me on this for a few more hours and it shall be posted.

- Thank you for your time.

In the interim here is a great article.
Link: http://tinyurl.com/bo97kea

All figures are taken from the anticipated completion of the IPO.

- The Electromagnetics will give a visualization of the size, angle, and shape of the mineralization. Drilling will give the levels of mineralization in parts per million. Once completed, a company like SRK can evaluate the quantity of a mineral reserve(s) that Kenilworth will own, Interest from the major mining companies (introductions have been initiated) will then acquire a majority equity holding. This will produce a large dividend scenario for all investors.

- We will also ensure that all shareholders will retain an interest by way of a royalty from future mineral extractions from any of our ELs by any future owners (to be negotiated).  

- In the shorter term, prior to defining the quantity of actual mineral reserves that Kenilworth will own, a return to each investor will be by an increase in equity (share) value resultant from the electromagnetic survey of our exploration licenses, which will be evaluated and published during the first four months and also after that by the publication of our drilling results every three months.

- Also, shareholders may generate a return on their investment by selling their shares on a Bitcoin share trading platform as the assett value of Kenilworth appreciates following mineral exploration activity.

- The following calculations are based on an investment of 10 bitcoins (BTC). And should be considered an outline of "estimated return."
The numbers in the following two tables are based upon a bitcoin value of $119.70.

Table A

- Table A shows the ROI (return on investment) only based upon the offer document and shows no contribution to ROI from the expenditure of the funds raised upon the asset value of Kenilworth Exploration. Thus with an investment of ten (10) BTC, they will be worth and equivalent of 15 BTC after the third round of funding.  

Table B

- Table B shows the values in Table A, however, an additional section is added to show the increase in asset value expected by management from the expenditure of the specific funds raised in each of the 3 rounds of funds.

- Thus, with a 10 BTC investment, management would expect to conservatively see these increase to an equivalent of 22 BTC. Following the expenditure of the funds from round one and the asset appreciation from the EM surveys undertaken. This value will increase to an equivalent value of 39 BTC after the expenditure of the 2nd round of funding and the results of the drilling which will be undertaken are reported upon at that time.  Again, with the expenditure of round three funding, the completion of the drilling and the contribution to our joint venture partners, the initial ten bitcoins would be expected to be worth in the region of an equivalent 69 BTC.

I hope this is somewhat understandable. Do not hesitate to ask for any clarification.

Thank you and please keep polling 4 days till close.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:36:05 PM

Boring, yet another mining investment Wink

- I assume the wink is implying sarcasm...
Is there another mineral exploration company carving out 1/3 of its % holdings and offering it up in exchange for Bitcoins? If so I'll eat my hat. (first I'd have to purchase a hat but then yes I will proceed to eat it)

yeah it was a joke, there are quite a few bitcoin mining investments but this one's the first physical one Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 02:28:32 AM

Link to full PDF: http://tinyurl.com/m39s9vq

Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:28:28 AM

gold miners are getting wrecked at current gold price volatility, so I would need assurance you guys just aren't raising capital to cover existing expenses and quarterly shortcomings

Cool idea! What's the answer to this?

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Betatester

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:44:04 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 12:54:51 AM by Betatester

Can you assess the contents of your claims without seismic exploration? I see only drilling. How many cores do you intend to drill?

I like the idea of getting loads of bitcoins in dividends should it crash down to 10$ again.

1LdXn1PKhzLYT45W4sCUR1yqXNuiY1MLYw
Prendergast123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:40:50 AM

- Thanks to all those who took part in this Poll -

4,012,756 @ ฿0.00180 price per share

Moved Kenilworth Forum to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222746.0

boyohi

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:34:31 PM

- Apologies for the delay, I'm compiling an answer into what I hope will be an easy to understand chart.
Please bear with me on this for a few more hours and it shall be posted.

- Thank you for your time.

In the interim here is a great article.
Link: http://tinyurl.com/bo97kea

All figures are taken from the anticipated completion of the IPO.

- The Electromagnetics will give a visualization of the size, angle, and shape of the mineralization. Drilling will give the levels of mineralization in parts per million. Once completed, a company like SRK can evaluate the quantity of a mineral reserve(s) that Kenilworth will own, Interest from the major mining companies (introductions have been initiated) will then acquire a majority equity holding. This will produce a large dividend scenario for all investors.

- We will also ensure that all shareholders will retain an interest by way of a royalty from future mineral extractions from any of our ELs by any future owners (to be negotiated).  

- In the shorter term, prior to defining the quantity of actual mineral reserves that Kenilworth will own, a return to each investor will be by an increase in equity (share) value resultant from the electromagnetic survey of our exploration licenses, which will be evaluated and published during the first four months and also after that by the publication of our drilling results every three months.

- Also, shareholders may generate a return on their investment by selling their shares on a Bitcoin share trading platform as the assett value of Kenilworth appreciates following mineral exploration activity.

- The following calculations are based on an investment of 10 bitcoins (BTC). And should be considered an outline of "estimated return."
The numbers in the following two tables are based upon a bitcoin value of $119.70.

Table A

- Table A shows the ROI (return on investment) only based upon the offer document and shows no contribution to ROI from the expenditure of the funds raised upon the asset value of Kenilworth Exploration. Thus with an investment of ten (10) BTC, they will be worth and equivalent of 15 BTC after the third round of funding.  

Table B

- Table B shows the values in Table A, however, an additional section is added to show the increase in asset value expected by management from the expenditure of the specific funds raised in each of the 3 rounds of funds.

- Thus, with a 10 BTC investment, management would expect to conservatively see these increase to an equivalent of 22 BTC. Following the expenditure of the funds from round one and the asset appreciation from the EM surveys undertaken. This value will increase to an equivalent value of 39 BTC after the expenditure of the 2nd round of funding and the results of the drilling which will be undertaken are reported upon at that time.  Again, with the expenditure of round three funding, the completion of the drilling and the contribution to our joint venture partners, the initial ten bitcoins would be expected to be worth in the region of an equivalent 69 BTC.

I hope this is somewhat understandable. Do not hesitate to ask for any clarification.

Thank you and please keep polling 4 days till close.

How will you cope with bitcoin if it doubles in price($240/BTC)? I'm thinking in order for it to work in a situation like that you'll have to keep a reserve of BTC.
Maybe I missed it but what is the time frame from now to round 1, 2 and 3?
tinus42

Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:46:51 PM

I just got 56 shares for about 0.1 BTC. I hope Kenilworth does really well but even if it doesn't I can say that I invested in the first non-Bitcoin related company that got funded with Bitcoins. And thus be a part of history whether Bitcoin succeeds or fails. Smiley
bb000

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:33:26 PM

How will you cope with bitcoin if it doubles in price($240/BTC)? I'm thinking in order for it to work in a situation like that you'll have to keep a reserve of BTC.
Maybe I missed it but what is the time frame from now to round 1, 2 and 3?

It is the BTC/Gold exchange rate you need to watch rather than BTC/USD, but I presume if gold is worth less in Bitcoin than expected than the return in bitcoin would be lower than projected. Pure speculation, but I think if BTC appreciates suddenly again hard commodities would too.
S M I L Y

Activity: 113

https://www.chynge.net/

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:19:43 PM

Has anyone called or contacted Kenilworth Exploration to see if this investment is actually sanctioned by them?

--S M I L Y

tinus42

Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

The most active thread for this security is:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222746.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: