Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe Paper Wallet: Cold/offline storage for your bitcoin has never looked better  (Read 4505 times)
aantonop (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:41:51 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

SafePaperWallet.com

We have opened pre-orders for the SafePaperWallet kit, a pre-printed sheet (4 up) of beautiful paper wallets, with great security features. The QR codes are blank so you can add them securely at home, while offline:

These paper wallets are made on a beautiful, thick weave-texture, acid-free and archival quality paper.

Each wallet has a backup "stub" so you can store a second copy of the keys at a different location

We provide opaque scratch-off security stickers to put on the private keys, to protect from disclosure, water, dirt or scratches.

Each kit also comes with instructions and a set of blank templates to align and test your printer

Your kit includes 10 sheets of four paper wallets each, enough to print 40 wallets so you can spread your bitcoin fortune and reduce the risk of loss:

Buy your SafePaperWallet kit now, discounted price for pre-orders while supplies last *

*The first 8 of 12 were sold in two days. Four more kits for pre-order, then the price goes up.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 05:09:42 AM

Very cool! You should send samples for review on The Daily Bitcoin podcast!

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 05:15:37 AM

I'm one of the hosts on Let's talk bitcoin and I have mentioned the project on the show.

I will have lots of samples at the bitcoin 2013 conference, with a discount coupon on them. This is the kind of product that needs to be touched and seen in person, to appreciate the quality and beauty.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:42:09 PM

suggestion, you should try to sell at lower quantity and lower price.

Blah blah
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 04:50:04 PM

hdclover,

I agree. I will be offering multiple sizes when the site launches May 19th.

May I ask for your advice as a customer?

How many sheets of wallets (each has 4, the kit is 10 sheets) should I include in the smaller kit?

How much should I charge for the smaller kit?

Thanks for the advice, it is greatly appreciated. Also, love your avatar. Spirited Away?

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:02:17 PM

Thanks to all the customers who pre-ordered the SafePaperWallet kits.

Pre-Orders are now SOLD OUT, in just 4 days.

Orders re-open on May 19th with our new site, product pictures and different kit-size options.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:10:33 PM

This is one sexy paper wallet.

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

The design is by bitcointalk user 75RTUGA.

This is one of 24 designs submitted and released to the public (CC-BY-SA) through a bounty. They are all available for free at openpaperwallet on github.

Just wait (Wednesday next week) till you see this printed on heavy, textured paper using linotype process and brilliant inks. It will be STUNNING.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 12:58:51 AM

Hi Andreas,

There is so much info on the show, it's hard for me to mentally file everything from every show. You really do have a lot of coals in the Bitcoin fire! Pretty exciting stuff.

Anyway, please scratch my previous comment.

I'm one of the hosts on Let's talk bitcoin and I have mentioned the project on the show.

I will have lots of samples at the bitcoin 2013 conference, with a discount coupon on them. This is the kind of product that needs to be touched and seen in person, to appreciate the quality and beauty.

BitPappa

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 05:05:07 AM

The design is by bitcointalk user 75RTUGA.

This is one of 24 designs submitted and released to the public (CC-BY-SA) through a bounty. They are all available for free at openpaperwallet on github.

Just wait (Wednesday next week) till you see this printed on heavy, textured paper using linotype process and brilliant inks. It will be STUNNING.

It is very nice looking! I was planning to buy a pack, but just read that there's software that comes with the kit. Your site doesn't mention if a specific OS is necessary to run the software. Will the software work on my Mac?

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 08:34:50 PM

It is very nice looking! I was planning to buy a pack, but just read that there's software that comes with the kit. Your site doesn't mention if a specific OS is necessary to run the software. Will the software work on my Mac?

The software will come in two forms, both multi-platform.

That basic form is an HTML page, essentially a modified version of bitaddress.org, which can run in any OS and most browsers. It will come with instructions.

The more advanced "Pro" version will include a bootable LiveCD with the HTML page and a step-by-step guide. This will allow booting into a completely clean environment for printing keys.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:31:26 AM

The software will come in two forms, both multi-platform. 

Sounds great, thanks for the info. Have fun and success at the conference!

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 11:23:40 PM

The store is now open again. We are offering four different sizes of kits (8, 20, 40, 100 wallets) with software, instructions and now... bootable clean OS for offline printing.

Get yours at the Safe Paper Wallet Store

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:14:19 AM

Been looking for something clean and secure like this.  Everything looks great, and just placed an order.  Presuming it looks as good in person as it does online, may purchase more as gifts.  Seem like a fun way to give a gift card along with keeping funds safe...

Thanks!
-JC
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:17:40 PM

Just bought a 50-pack, and I can't wait to see them! Aside from using them to give BTC as gifts and for cold storage, I may bring some blank ones to the Los Angeles Bitcoin MeetUp this week (if I get them in time).

The cart worked really well and it was my first time using BitPay. Very smooth transaction.

One thing I wondered about was, the screen where I input all my info and site password wasn't HTTPS. Should it be?

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:25:18 PM

Mine arrived!  Nice work aantonop.  And the material is top notch.  On a side note, aantonop I emailed you a few days ago about the OS delay.  I was wondering if you would consider just uploading the .iso to MEGA as I don't even have a CD drive on my computer  Cheesy  EDIT: I guess the CD really isn't necessary I just need to create my own bootable OS and add the HTML website to it, no?

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:13:52 AM

The ISO will be available in 1-2 days, just adding final touches. It is working, I announced it yesterday, as "Bootable offline secure printing OS" or BoffOS!

The delay is because it takes 30 minutes to re-pack the ISO, each time i make a change, so it is very slow trial-error-trial-error process. I want to also add an upgraded wallet printer software, with the ability to move the offset on the page +/- to make it easier to align :-)

Thank you for the feedback.

Anything missing from the "kit"?

Everything counted and delivered ok?

Enough security stickers?

I was worried about damage in transit, but it looks from the photos that they were not damaged at all.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

The ISO will be available in 1-2 days, just adding final touches. It is working, I announced it yesterday, as "Bootable offline secure printing OS" or BoffOS!

The delay is because it takes 30 minutes to re-pack the ISO, each time i make a change, so it is very slow trial-error-trial-error process. I want to also add an upgraded wallet printer software, with the ability to move the offset on the page +/- to make it easier to align :-)

Thank you for the feedback.

Anything missing from the "kit"?

Everything counted and delivered ok?

Enough security stickers?

I was worried about damage in transit, but it looks from the photos that they were not damaged at all.

No damage at all and all accounted for!  Although, you may want to consider using the cardboard envelope USPS offers.  When the mailman put it in my mailbox the package was curved to fit in.  But again, no creases or tearing or anything.
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:48:50 AM

For all interested, now the pre-orders are done:

We now offer 4 sizes of kits, from the 2-sheet (8 wallet) starter kit, to the 25 sheet PRO kit. All of the kits contain the instructions and security-stickers and four test pages (B&W) for alignment tests.

They start at $10, but for five of you who follow this thread, I'm giving a 15% discount coupon on ANY order, any size.

First five to use this at checkout, get the discount: BCT15OFF1 (valid until 2013-12-31, or five uses)

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:02:46 AM

I can't seem to access the site right now.  Giving me a redirect loop.  I'll try again later.

I definitely want a bunch of these.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: