Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:42:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][INC] IndianCoin: Super Alt-Coin Released  (Read 9511 times)
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:19:26 AM

What's the advantage of the coin?  That it will be harder to mine early on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ffwong

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:07:31 AM

Yet another coin to help premined guys rich Angry

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
ffwong

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:09:17 AM

What's the advantage of the coin?  That it will be harder to mine early on?

No advantage, unless you have premined

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
nopowerbills

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:12:13 AM

interesting concept, lots of new alts out, i wonder if we will see more location based coins, maybe eurocoin or something similar
btc4free

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:53:45 AM

someone will mine it?
koincollector

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:05:48 PM

So just another copy N' paste coin then Grin
1badbullitt

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:33:04 PM

I do fear a duplication of effort in the digital currency movement. It could get to be like linux where it goes from genuine freedom and competition to outright fragmentation. For those of us who believe in the politics of digital currencies this is a little bit concerning because it takes resources away from the more viable currencies. Endless forking and fragmentation has not helped linux compete with the establishment and I fear that the same may be true of digital cryptocurrencies.

For people who are only interested in speculation I suppose that they are interesting and I also suppose that nobody forces anybody to get involved with them.

Just my thoughts.

I say people should keep on creating new currencies, until one actually does have a good hold. You never know what might happen. It could even be a catchy name that changes the whole game.
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:41:08 PM

I do fear a duplication of effort in the digital currency movement. It could get to be like linux where it goes from genuine freedom and competition to outright fragmentation. For those of us who believe in the politics of digital currencies this is a little bit concerning because it takes resources away from the more viable currencies. Endless forking and fragmentation has not helped linux compete with the establishment and I fear that the same may be true of digital cryptocurrencies.

For people who are only interested in speculation I suppose that they are interesting and I also suppose that nobody forces anybody to get involved with them.

Just my thoughts.

I say people should keep on creating new currencies, until one actually does have a good hold. You never know what might happen. It could even be a catchy name that changes the whole game.

The name is what gets it out there, usually regardless of it's features. That and if it was pre-mined or not.

zordmix

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:46:22 PM

If you really want to make it premine-proof. Let The first 10000 blocks with 0 coin reward...
zordmix

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:47:46 PM

If you really want to make it premine-proof. Let The first 10000 blocks with 0 coin reward...

But your only goal is probably to premine it yourself, so ignore me Cheesy
bitcoinmarksix

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 01:50:12 PM

indian?

yeah,so many people.
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:51:23 PM

Wasn't Bitcoin premined? I don't believe Satoshi mined the Genesis Block, stopped for like 100 blocks, and restarted again. I think he just continued.

An easy solution to avoid premining would to only generate one block, the Genesis Block. Wait for like 25 to 50 people to start mining on it, then start mining again.

Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:55:07 PM

What will this altcoin provide that others do not?  As mentioned earlier in this thread, just changing some numbers around will not make a different, more attractive altcoin.
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:59:06 PM

What will this altcoin provide that others do not?  As mentioned earlier in this thread, just changing some numbers around will not make a different, more attractive altcoin.

He will need to discuss what the new features are, yes. However, JKC, YAC, FTC, and CNC all didn't bring any features as well and got mined to shreds.

I also recommend that a Moderator move this discussion to the AltCoins subcategory.

huilaitrer

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:27:06 PM

How many of different crypto currencies we need for one of them to hit off? It's getting bit confusing..
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:36:05 PM

How many of different crypto currencies we need for one of them to hit off? It's getting bit confusing..

People are doing it more or less to learn about the alt coin code. However, most of them only changed some numbers. I'm looking into making one worthwhile, but that uses a whole new algorithm instead of SHA256/Scrypt.

Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 02:42:01 PM

Wasn't Bitcoin premined? I don't believe Satoshi mined the Genesis Block, stopped for like 100 blocks, and restarted again. I think he just continued.

An easy solution to avoid premining would to only generate one block, the Genesis Block. Wait for like 25 to 50 people to start mining on it, then start mining again.

Another way is to get someone like me create a coin and mine only the genesis block, cost people like me with crappy hardware of cpu + gpu still less then 30kh/s cant even premine lol

bananenplukker

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:45:19 PM

So what's the advantage?
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 02:56:00 PM

People are doing it more or less to learn about the alt coin code. However, most of them only changed some numbers. I'm looking into making one worthwhile, but that uses a whole new algorithm instead of SHA256/Scrypt.

Uses a whole new algorithm? It takes years to plan one out and years to prove its usable while facing public scrutiny and adoption, so far the only new hash function that isnt that new is sha3, even if the algo is different, what sets a new coin appart firmly is not how the coin is made, but the applications that it can be used for

jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:13:27 PM

Uses a whole new algorithm? It takes years to plan one out and years to prove its usable while facing public scrutiny and adoption, so far the only new hash function that isnt that new is sha3, even if the algo is different, what sets a new coin appart firmly is not how the coin is made, but the applications that it can be used for

I was thinking either SHA3 or SHA512 encryption. That would be only one thing to set it apart. I'm still brainstorming other ideas that a brand new alt coin could boast.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: