Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:13:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waves VS Bitshares  (Read 777 times)
Chiraag001 (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:22:07 PM

May I ask what is the difference between the two of these.
When I read up I couldn't differentiate.

Is there something one can do that the other cant?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranih

Activity: 168

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 03:56:43 PM

Waves is a platform that helps you creating your own token, with all services needed with it like exchange and crowdfunding.

Bitshares is an exchange and banking platform, with many services like recurring payment, buying currencies pegged to the USD and more.
Bitshares allows you to create your own token (haven't tried it myself), but it's not their main purpose.

Chiraag001 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:27:25 PM

Waves is a platform that helps you creating your own token, with all services needed with it like exchange and crowdfunding.

Bitshares is an exchange and banking platform, with many services like recurring payment, buying currencies pegged to the USD and more.
Bitshares allows you to create your own token (haven't tried it myself), but it's not their main purpose.

So very similar? More projects use waves platform presently - although Bitshares has been around longer?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:39:34 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 06:55:26 PM by CoinHoarder

There are some pretty big differences in Waves and Bitshares.

Bitshares' derivatives work on free market principals and are fully decentralized. Waves derivatives are IOUs issues by a centralized entity.

The Waves orderbook is centralized, but Bitshares orderbook is decentralized.

It is expensive to create assets on Bitshares because the fee is high. This was originally meant to only attract premium assets, but kind of backfired IMO. Most people are probably using Eth and Waves because there is more money and hype with them, more ICO thirsty investors, and the aforementioned costs.
Chiraag001 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:45:25 AM

Bitshares' derivatives work on free market principals and are fully decentralized. Waves derivatives are IOUs issues by a centralized entity.

It is expensive to create assets on Bitshares because the fee is high. This was originally meant to only attract premium assets, but kind of backfired IMO. Most people are probably using Eth and Waves because there is more money and hype with them, more ICO thirsty investors, and the aforementioned costs.

Good explanation - thank you!
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:29:47 AM

Yeah most of the eth and waves can always be used by most icos specially the earned bounties from campaigns, which can be used exactly for trading sites; well to mention about those ico participants.  For now I started using bitshares and I find it not so comfortable with their set- up and the entire system of my mind was still on adjustment period; needs a lot of patience.
1melyun

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

Not orderbook the matcher was centralized and now you can change your node connection or you can create your own node and set your matcher on it. İn other hands bitshares coming more centralized with dpos. 101 node and I don't think the election is fair enough. I don't know what kind of tech bitshares using for matcher if you know please share it in public.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: