Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Compare Bitcoin to Other Investment Instruments (Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.)  (Read 1643 times)
franco123 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:01:23 PM

Hello! Thank you for considering my topic: Compare Bitcoin to Other Investment Instruments (Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.)

What do you think are the main difference/advantage/disadvantage of Bitcoin when you compare it to the most common investment instruments like Stocks, Bonds, Real Estates, etc.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:53:02 PM

Hello! Thank you for considering my topic: Compare Bitcoin to Other Investment Instruments (Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.)

What do you think are the main difference/advantage/disadvantage of Bitcoin when you compare it to the most common investment instruments like Stocks, Bonds, Real Estates, etc.

Thank you!

In my views Bitcoin starts from the point where the scope of equity ends. Equity is categorised in three types-
1. Less Risk, Less Return
2. Moderate Risk, Moderate Return
3. High Risk, High Return
But when we talk about Bitcoin, its way ahead. If talk in equity terms then it is "Super High Risk, Super High Return". In case of stock/shares, major shares always lies with parent members (directors) of a company and they can manipulate market position with key decisions or internal trading but in case of Bitcoin, everyone is owner and every owner has considerable degree of control over market depending on units he/she hold.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:54:18 PM

You cannot compare investing in bitcoin with real estate investments. In the case of real estate you will always be a product that maybe will cost less, but will always bring income. With bitcoin it's different. This is a very large income with a much greater risk to remain in General with anything. It seems to me that bitcoin is closer to speculation than investing.
andyf

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:28:51 PM

I think the BTC and crypto market in general is (naturally) still very immature, volatile and chaotic, so there is a much higher risk compared to the asset classes you are mentioning. On the other hand there is an un-comparable potential for returns. Don’t put all your money on one horse, especially if you really can’t know whether it will fly like a superman or lose legs and die, but the extremely high reward potential seems real so putting some portion of one’s wealth into crypto looks like a smart thing to do.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

You cannot compare investing in bitcoin with real estate investments. In the case of real estate you will always be a product that maybe will cost less, but will always bring income. With bitcoin it's different. This is a very large income with a much greater risk to remain in General with anything. It seems to me that bitcoin is closer to speculation than investing.
It is not always speculation,if the bubble happens just because of a mere speculation the price would fall without a doubt,just take a look at what happened during the price rise of  2013,the price was increasing because of mere speculation and the fall was even larger,consider bitcoin investment as investing in stocks,but with a higher risk rate and high profit rate can be expected from bitcoin.
Mbah Djoko

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:43:45 AM

It seems the bitcoin is the best choice because the most profitable investment, all investment looks stagnant and difficult to benefit even other investment ((Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.) continued to decline.

great
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:47:52 AM

Thank you!
For me, I see bitcoin as an advancement to the stock and bonds simply because those ones are commodity while bitcoin takes a step further by also going towards a medium of exchange which those two listed are clearly lacking. On the issue of real estate, I see that as a more stable investment which volatility is mild if any at all compared to bitcoin whose volatility is sharp as anything you can think of.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:10:05 AM

Thank you!
Advantages of Bitcoin vs other stakes:
-Highly divisible
-Easily transactable
-Relatively easy to acquire
-Free for all users to use without mediums
-Low barrier to entry

Neutral/Good or Bad Characteristics:
-Volatile (investor v. speculator)
-Anonymous (individual v. authority)
-Hardcap of coins (Limits investment encouragement)
-(Building on above) Deflationary (Coins are lost when they're lost, as of right now)

Disadvantages:
-Not tangible (Although only Real Estate fulfils this anyways)
-Based on a network which operates essentially at the will of governments and is not fully independent (although everything does, really, also a weaker disadvantage)

There's some visual piece that details BTC vs fiat and gold pretty well somewhere.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:15:32 AM

Stocks, real estates, can be manipulated more easily by people or the government. For example if you buy stocks of Apple/Google, the prices will be directly related to how well the company is doing, or if you buy houses, the prices may drop/rise if the government decides to build another apartment next to it.

But for Bitcoin, since it is decentralized, the users are 'governing' the price of Bitcoin in a way, so it becomes a much more simpler supply and demand investment. It is digital and limited too, so Bitcoin is very different from other means of investments.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:16:57 AM

Bitcoin is more reliable in terms if future and the others are not. Who knows real estates may not have that much importance in the future as it is having currently. Stocks are very old and they may loose value (according to me) due to advancement in the field of blockchain technology. I think that way because we can see how bitcoin outperformed in the field of market capitalism in the recent years. So after decade years from now we can see it as blooming industry.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:25:20 AM

Thank you!

I think that bitcoin has a lot more potential than stock markets and real estate. In a lot of countries the real estate market is already very heavily saturated, and so is the stock market. To enter these markets you'd also have to have a ton of wealth beforehand, therefore if you are just an average Joe you're probably noth going to be abel to invest in real estate/stock market.

With stock markets it's completely speculative. Real estate i guess you can live in, but bitcoin is completely different. It is a lot more liquid, each unit is the same as the other. You can have appraisals for your house but you know how much your bitcoin is going to sell for. Also, transferring ownership with bitcoin is a lot easier. All these reasons end up to one conclusion - btc is probabl ythe premier investment to make in 2017.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:35:25 AM

Bitcoin, although is volatile, is very fluid and easy to transfer and liquidate fast, whenever you need it. It also has a limited supply, which makes it a hot investment over time for those looking for a medium to longer term return. With life as fast paced as it is, owning liquid assets that have a chance for heavy appreciation are going to be very attractive correct?

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 07:20:43 AM

The real comparison is to other currencies. Currencies are bought, traded, and sold. Bitcoin is another currency.

Currencies have disadvantages to other investments. There is only ownership of the currency. Stock represents ownership of a company. Real estate, ownership in the land and property. The advantage is you don't have to rely on the good ethics and sound decision making of a human to ensure your investment appreciates in the future. All other currencies rely on the actions or full faith and credit of the Government that issues the currency.

Fortunately for Bitcoin, its investment value hinges on the faith that each of us put in to the currency, the agreement we all make with each other that it does have value. I'd rely on that more so than the actions of some human I've never met, who can be bought, sold, influenced, and exploited.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:18:39 AM

In comparing the classes of what we have there against bitcoin, from my point of view others are assets while some are current because they can be easily converted into cash, the other real estate is a fixed asset and they are made to generate revenue. When it comes to bitcoin, it also shares the characteristics of a current asset but in this case more liquid than the others but aside from that, bitcoin is also used as a form of currency for exchange which clearly all others does not possess.

Thank you!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:25:58 AM

the real difference is that bitcoin is a currency should be comparable to both forex market and a stock market, bitcoin is everythign all at once, you can't use stocks to buy a game on steam...

Bitcoin doesn't generate income.

well it can in some form of indirect investment like loan or buying pos altcoin, maybe not directly but still doable
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:59:43 AM

Honestly I have stopped investing into other investments opportunities after started considering bitcoins as a serious investment instrument for safer tomorrow.

I am just holding what I have invested some 5 years back into stocks and real estates as I am fully focusing on bitcoins for regular investing from my day job. When I did the calculations on ROI for certain period of holding, bitcoin alone still standing tall. I believe this is more than enough justification to continue what I am already doing.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:43:44 AM

Thank you!

Stocks - Move up and down higher risk means higher returns, Fortune goes to the brave and those who are willing to be like them. Losses and casualties can result.

Bonds - Stable lower risk and as a result less return - Slow and steady wins the race. That is if you live long enough like a turtle to see the finish line.

Real Estate - Moderate risk, various means of maximizing income primarily renting, has upkeep costs aka taxes but can be worth your time if scaled properly although their is always tenant fire disaster and other concerns.

- Live a modest life but feel relatively secure. But depending you can be between stages of less broke than other people who are more broke than you and not reach full financial freedom.

Bitcoin - Doesn't generate its own growth but has utility and usage, like Gold it is held but also used at times a tool of financial freedom and also financilization.
 - Explorers seeking a new path in an uncertain road but by paving the way forward reap the most rewards in a new field. That said they may fall into the pitholes and traps since they are the first explorers where others have a rear view mirror.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:56:06 AM

Bitcoin has been getting a lot of attention from those who are usually very traditional with their investments. Now, it is not surprising anymore to read articles about investment strategists giving their opinions about how bitcoin is going to fare against other financial instruments that have been with us for a while. Now bitcoin is also being compared to gold and stocks because of its potential to bring profits by means of price increases.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:03:42 PM

Every investment will have their won advantages and disadvantages and these investments will have some risks as well. So individuals need to choose a proper investment based on how much risk they can take. Real estate will be the best option because it will surely give a good profit but it takes a long time to show the result. Bitcoins are more volatile and it gives an opportunity to make money both in short and longer term. To reduce my risks I like to invest in all of them some money.
grim007

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:43:18 PM

Every investment will have their won advantages and disadvantages and these investments will have some risks as well. So individuals need to choose a proper investment based on how much risk they can take. Real estate will be the best option because it will surely give a good profit but it takes a long time to show the result. Bitcoins are more volatile and it gives an opportunity to make money both in short and longer term. To reduce my risks I like to invest in all of them some money.

Investing in bitcoin is more appropriate this time since btc have higher possibilities of increase and chances that are earning can double soon in time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: