Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinaddress.org wallet backup  (Read 373 times)
coingrow (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:52:10 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 06:42:35 AM by coingrow

So I created a wallet at bitaddress.org to send some maidsafe coins to it. I am able to check my balance of maidsafe coins by entering the address that I had generated using bitaddress.org at omniwallet.org but am not able to use any mobile app to restore the wallet using the private key or even by scanning the bar code that was generated at bitaddress.org. Long question short, how do I restore an already existing wallet that was created using bitcoinaddress.org
Please help!

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:11:52 PM

So I created a wallet at bitcoinaddress.org to send some maidsafe coins to it. I am able to check my balance of maidsafe coins by entering the address that I had generated using bitcoinaddress.org at omniwallet.org but am not able to use any mobile app to restore the wallet using the private key or even by scanning the bar code that was generated at bitcoinaddress.org. Long question short, how do I restore an already existing wallet that was created using bitcoinaddress.org
Please help!

I'm not aware of that website. Are you sure you're not looking for the old and trusted bitaddress.org?

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:16:03 PM

I can't access any website with the given URL (Bitcoinaddress.org). As long as you have the private keys, you should be able to import them into any wallet. If you have a QR code, use Mycelium as the fastest and easiest solution.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coingrow (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:09:54 PM

So I created a wallet at bitcoinaddress.org to send some maidsafe coins to it. I am able to check my balance of maidsafe coins by entering the address that I had generated using bitcoinaddress.org at omniwallet.org but am not able to use any mobile app to restore the wallet using the private key or even by scanning the bar code that was generated at bitcoinaddress.org. Long question short, how do I restore an already existing wallet that was created using bitcoinaddress.org
Please help!

I'm not aware of that website. Are you sure you're not looking for the old and trusted bitaddress.org?
I can't access any website with the given URL (Bitcoinaddress.org). As long as you have the private keys, you should be able to import them into any wallet. If you have a QR code, use Mycelium as the fastest and easiest solution.

I am sorry about the wrong website url. The website is bitaddress dot org. I was able to find out how to transfer the bitcoins from paper wallet at bitaddress.org using blockchain.info. However I am still not able to transfer the Maidsafe coins back to the exchange address and can just view the balance of Maidsafew coins using omniwallet.org. Any suggestions on what should I do?

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:37:53 PM

Please help!

What do you mean by "restore"? You absolutely do not want to use that address in a Bitcoin wallet. A Bitcoin wallet knows nothing about Maidsafe, and you would lose your Maidsafe coins if you added that address to a Bitcoin wallet and then spent the bitcoins in it.

Anyway, this is a Bitcoin forum. For Maidsafe answers, you should go here: https://safenetforum.org

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: