Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Tuning: Intensity vs OC/UV vs Difficulty  (Read 274 times)
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:43:02 AM

I am still in the learning phase of mining, since starting about 7 weeks ago, i have gone from 2 x 1080ti's on my personal pc, to now i mine with 18 x 1080ti's and i have a handful of 1070's on the way...

Most of the software the people mine with, it seems that most adjust intensity on each algo to get it stable with decent hashrates... but i was curious why people dont inject OC/UV settings into the software, so it changes per algo? I am trying to figure out why intensity tuning seems to be the go-to on 99% of mining software out there for gpu tuning?

Prior to me using Nemominer powershell miner, i was using his older batch version and i was able to find code online to inject different GPU settings per GPU prior to each algo starting, which was super stable.. but the main issue i had was the batch file would run and seem to constantly hog memory and crash the miner once the memory was full... since switching over to the powershell version of the miner i lost the ability to inject custom OC/UV settings per algo, but i gained stability in the form of the miner not consuming memory over time like the prior miners did....I asked about how to add this feature to the powershell and i was told to tune my GPU's via intensity instead... but i wanted to understand which is better really, since intensity from my readings seems to favor the CPU more than the GPU.... right?

Also, i found some of the more larger miners talking about changing difficulty settings to get to the larger mining blocks quicker, can someone explain how to properly tune for this? from the few i read this on, none of them have responded to the PM's i sent them asking about it. Basically they mentioned in a post that your miner wastes time everytime it starts ramping up difficulty, so you tune to the difficulty the GPU can handle and you get to the peak profit quicker

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:52:02 AM

The pool automatically sets the difficulty for you. No need to do that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██