Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: z270-p asus only showing 7gpu but not 8 gpu!!!! please help  (Read 1743 times)
LouisLoo (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:02:03 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 08:30:59 AM by LouisLoo

motherboard: PRIME z270-p (before updates to 0610 is 0320)
processor: intel G4400
GPU: 5xGTX1070 3xgtx1060
PSU: AXI-1500 CORSAIR
 RAM: 8GB

i upgrading the bios version to 0610. {4g >enable} > {all to gen1} >{m.2 (only showing one )>PCIE}>{HD>diable} > {fast boot}. i saw many people has M2_1 M2_2 but mine one is just one. after insert one by one until the 8gpu it only show me 7gpu is working. help thank you!!! i have try almost 3day also cant solve this. wanna cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MinasTirith

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:59:51 AM

May I ask the reason for upgrading your BIOS?
Which risers are you using?

Maybe you can try this, it worked for me on that motherboard:
I removed the working GPUs, and boot the board only with the GPU that doesn't work.
Reinstall the GPU drivers.
Shutdown.
Add the other GPUs.
Reboot.
All GPUs were visible in my case.
LouisLoo (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:20:42 PM

i upgrade it because after that i can saw the 4g enable button as what online youtube teach me. you mean that right now i have 7gpu active. reinstall the driver directly and shutdown pc, plug in the 8 gpu and open it?
tutu_young

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:01:40 AM

Don't cry -  Smiley  I have eight cards running on asus z-270p. Will add the ninth card next week.

Here is the setting i use for the bios:
System Agent configuration - dmi\opi configuration - dmi max link speed - gen1
                           - peg port configuration - pciex16_1\pciex16_2 gen1, pcie spread spectrum clocking disable

PCH configuration  - pci express configuration  - pcie speed gen1

onboard device configuration   - hd audio disabled

APM configuration - restore ac power loss - last state

boot - next boot after ac power loss - fast boot enabled
     - post delay time 0 seconds
     - above 4g decoding enabled  

After setting the bios, you can DDU (device driver uninstaller ) google and download it to uninstall the nvida drivers. Then you plus in the card one by one, each new card should get recognized by win 10 as basic display adapter with and exclamation in the device manager (be sure to update to latest win 10). You need to add one card, then shutdown, then add another one, then start to check again, then add one more, like this.
If any card fails to show up in device manager, may be the power supply to the card, or the pcie raiser or the card itself is bad.
- i had one bad card for which the fan is always rotating. When card recognized by OS, the fan should not assuming the mining software is not running yet.
- it can be a bad pcie power supply or riser as well
- i connect the sata SSD on sata port 3, the manual shows 0 and 5 has something that i don't remember exactly
- you need to make sure you boot from uefi mode (run msinfo32)
- or bad m2 to pcie or bad m2 to pcie power

Hope this helps. let me know how it goes
pr0ximus

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:14:53 AM

Don't cry -  Smiley  I have eight cards running on asus z-270p. Will add the ninth card next week.

- peg port configuration - pciex16_1\pciex16_2 gen1, pcie spread spectrum clocking disable

After setting the bios, you can DDU (device driver uninstaller ) google and download it to uninstall the nvida drivers. Then you plus in the card one by one, each new card should get recognized by win 10 as basic display adapter with and exclamation in the device manager (be sure to update to latest win 10). You need to add one card, then shutdown, then add another one, then start to check again, then add one more, like this.
If any card fails to show up in device manager, may be the power supply to the card, or the pcie raiser or the card itself is bad.
- i had one bad card for which the fan is always rotating. When card recognized by OS, the fan should not assuming the mining software is not running yet.
- i connect the sata SSD on sata port 3, the manual shows 0 and 5 has something that i don't remember exactly

Wait, I see only 6 PCIE slots in Asus Z270P. How did you connect 8 cards (and planning to make it 9)?  Shocked
kreszy

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:25:15 AM

Nice info guys ... Smiley

What's Bios Version do you use ?

Thanks
tutu_young

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:06:33 AM

Wait, I see only 6 PCIE slots in Asus Z270P. How did you connect 8 cards (and planning to make it 9)?  Shocked

ASUS has 7 pcie slots and 2 m2 slots. I use m2 to pcie convert card. I use latest bios.
LouisLoo (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:54:07 PM

sorry for long time waiting. because i working oversea until now and just came back. i have try u method but is the same thing only showing up 7gpu. and i have try whether is the riser spoil or what but i use the gpu as display is can work and until the last gpu then all back to 7gpu the 8 is nothing there. i have try all gpu who insert to the m.2 to pcie just besides the cpu fan sure there is nothing show up. and all the risers and card is work just the m.2 place cant detect.

and so sorry my version is 0808 not 0610 BIOS. or maybe is because of the version too new? and i using win10. i have all the pic but i didnt know how to post here.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 01:12:45 PM

sorry for long time waiting. because i working oversea until now and just came back. i have try u method but is the same thing only showing up 7gpu. and i have try whether is the riser spoil or what but i use the gpu as display is can work and until the last gpu then all back to 7gpu the 8 is nothing there. i have try all gpu who insert to the m.2 to pcie just besides the cpu fan sure there is nothing show up. and all the risers and card is work just the m.2 place cant detect.

and so sorry my version is 0808 not 0610 BIOS. or maybe is because of the version too new? and i using win10. i have all the pic but i didnt know how to post here.

Hi LouisLoo,

i have the same issue as u have, the M2_2 port dont work. If u managed 7 GPU, do this little simple trick and there u go.

Disconnect the molex power pluged on the riser ( from M2_2 only ) and lets run your fresh 8 rig Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
LouisLoo (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:52:14 PM

sorry Bibi187 i have try this just now it doesn't work for me too. just like you say i disconnect the molex power from the riser and the m.2 4pin power keep there. when i switch on the pc the whole pc is black screen and say my bios is gone. then i restart it it didnt show up anything, after i take all the gpu out and left one for display then it back but the whole bios is reset.

then i plug in one by one plus restart. last until the m.2_2 same it doesnt show up anything. have you happend this? black screen and the bios reset.
Bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:19:04 PM

sorry Bibi187 i have try this just now it doesn't work for me too. just like you say i disconnect the molex power from the riser and the m.2 4pin power keep there. when i switch on the pc the whole pc is black screen and say my bios is gone. then i restart it it didnt show up anything, after i take all the gpu out and left one for display then it back but the whole bios is reset.

then i plug in one by one plus restart. last until the m.2_2 same it doesnt show up anything. have you happend this? black screen and the bios reset.

Just disconnect the molex 4 pin power cable connected to ur M2_2 card, not the power cable of your riser board connected on your GPU.
Sorry for my little english Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
LouisLoo (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:32:18 PM

Bibi187 i have try to take out the m.2 power and plug back the riser gpu power. then i plug in the 8gpu besides the cpu fan. device manager also doesnt show up the 8gpu. should i take out all and plug back 1 by 1?
Bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Unplug every card, plug the GPU that wont boot on the M2_2 on any port ( exept M2_2 )
Start OS, working, stop OS, add one card, start OS, working, stop OS, add another etc ... by one.
Plug on the M2_2 at last step

LouisLoo (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:02:22 PM

Bibi187 i have try this just now the result is same only 5 gtx1070 and 2 1060 show up. the last 1060 doesnt show up. haiz.... dont know what to do already sad
Bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 10:02:32 PM

I assume u already switched ur M2 card with the one working to test it at least. If u havent, do this to be sure the card working.
On your BIOS setting, i dont remenber exactly where ( In "advanced" ) check u setup M2 port to PCIE.

LouisLoo (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:26:18 PM

Bibi187 actually i set m.2 to peic already but same problem. but why many people have m2_1 and m2_2 but i only have one?
Bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 08:01:42 PM

Up ur BIOS to last version version 0810 link : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z270-P/PRIME-Z270-P-ASUS-0810.zip
Ensure u do all the setting u see above, if u use windows remove all ur driver with the tool for this ( dont remenber the name, a good will can give this to him ? Or i assume u gona find it )  if u use a build-in for mining, do a fresh copy on ur harddrive or usb ( back to default )
Plug one card, boot on, work, plus another, etc ... dont forget dont plug molex power on ur card riser plugged on ur baseboard.
I get stuck like u before ... this way i solve my problem.
As i say before do u switch u M2 card to step the card itself ? Unplug the M2 card on working, plus the unworking, to test issue at least.

That my last point, i cant help u more on this after, i am news on this think, just read a lot ...

starshipsparkle

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:36:02 AM

Hello, could someone help me please?
I have windows 10 Pro, Asus z270-p
3 x 1070 and 5 x 1070ti

I cannot get number 7 or 8 to show up.
What is happening: the PCIEX16_1 slot will not work. If I plug into this slot, it goes to bios and restarts, over and over again infinitely, looking like a black screen
This is the same if there is 2 or 8 cards total plugged in.

Also, the 2nd m.2 slot does not get recognized anywhere (i tried the fix here to unplug the power to it)

I am guessing this is a common problem, but somehow people are managing to have 8x1070 on this board... can someone please give me some tips?  Huh

Thank you!

Bibi187

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:08:26 PM

Hello, could someone help me please?
I have windows 10 Pro, Asus z270-p
3 x 1070 and 5 x 1070ti

I cannot get number 7 or 8 to show up.
What is happening: the PCIEX16_1 slot will not work. If I plug into this slot, it goes to bios and restarts, over and over again infinitely, looking like a black screen
This is the same if there is 2 or 8 cards total plugged in.

Also, the 2nd m.2 slot does not get recognized anywhere (i tried the fix here to unplug the power to it)

I am guessing this is a common problem, but somehow people are managing to have 8x1070 on this board... can someone please give me some tips?  Huh

Thank you!

Do you have tweak your Bios ?

Some setting have to be modified

I dont know the exact number but some thread refer about this.

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:10:09 AM

I'm no expert here but in this video I go over what we did to the bios on the asus prime z270 p to get 8 cards working, just built another rig on this board and its working perfect w/ 8 cards also

https://youtu.be/574KpZdpaVE

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: