Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for private traders  (Read 1056 times)
mattboston (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 05:10:59 PM

I'm new and don't have a Dwolla account so I can't use MtGox or TradeHill.  Is there anyone willing to trade Bitcoins for PayPal USD?  I'm a verified PayPal merchant through my hosting business.  Also I can offer web hosting and domain names.  I also have some domains that I'm looking to sell.  Please send me a PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neneko

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:14:26 PM

PayPal might freeze trades with bitcoins. I think it's because they don't allow currency trades over paypal or something along those lines.

It's probably safer and easier to just make a dwolla account. That eliminates the trust issue that comes with private trades too.
mattboston (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 05:24:29 PM

How would they know?  As far as myself and the other person it's just one person giving money to another person. 
Aptitude

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:15:49 PM

What magnitude of trade are we speaking?
mattboston (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 06:44:04 PM

Just enough to get me started, probably 2-3 BTC
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 06:50:37 PM

PayPal might freeze trades with bitcoins. I think it's because they don't allow currency trades over paypal or something along those lines.

It's probably safer and easier to just make a dwolla account. That eliminates the trust issue that comes with private trades too.

I second this paypal in their ToS clearly say that they are not a currency exchanger, a lot of people already got their paypal account suspended because of bitcoin trading.

I do not recommend to anyone to use bitcoin and paypal.

mattboston (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 07:00:17 PM

I second this paypal in their ToS clearly say that they are not a currency exchanger, a lot of people already got their paypal account suspended because of bitcoin trading.

I do not recommend to anyone to use bitcoin and paypal.

Sigh!!! Ok, didn't want to setup yet another online payment account.  But out of curiosity, how would PP know that two people were trading bitcoins and using PP as the payment method?
Solution

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:34:31 PM

Sent you a message, check your inbox
mattboston (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 06:32:27 PM

Thanks.  I went ahead and setup a Dwolla account.  I decided it wasn't worth risking my PP account
BTCrow

Activity: 243

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 01:21:54 PM

Thanks.  I went ahead and setup a Dwolla account.  I decided it wasn't worth risking my PP account

Very good move, a lot of people got their PP account suspended by doing bitcoin transactions.

raresaturn

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Everyone Is A Bank

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:39:15 PM

Very good move, a lot of people got their PP account suspended by doing bitcoin transactions.

Dwolla is only for US customers, what are we non-americans supposed to do?

BABB        |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
QuickTrader

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:50:09 PM

VIRWOX accepts PP and trades BTC
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:37:36 PM

Dwolla is only for US customers, what are we non-americans supposed to do?

Western Union

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: