Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex undermining altcoin confidence  (Read 432 times)
NadimAJ (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:32:36 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 09:11:43 PM by NadimAJ

They are drowning in/deliberately delaying the handling of support requests going back 2 months. The community has lost trust. I'm sure others like me fear a big grab/run. Because of them I can't transfer my NEM to my own personal wallet right now. Just scour through twitter and Reddit. Thousands suffering. I have thousands trapped and the desire to trade more is zero right now. If anyone reading this knows the owners or employees please talk to them. They are destroying all faith in altcoin trading. The community needs to pic up a big stick and get them to clean their shit up. Total f*ckwits.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichardThessen

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:49:28 PM

They delisted a record 17 altcoins sometime in may. This is already casing panics as they delay handling of request too. NOT COOL
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:34:23 PM

They just solved my support ticket after a few weeks. Just be patient  Roll Eyes
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:59:32 PM

a lot of problems these days  Huh

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:09:43 PM

I don't get why people use exchanges that are clearly way over their heads and act surprised.

It's clear for months they are way overwhelmed and was still unable to caught up even until today.

How can you trust such a service? Besides, even banks take much less time to help you.

Not your keys, not your coins!
NadimAJ (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:38:14 AM

DarkLvr. 2 weeks for you, 2 months so far for me to get advanced verification so I can move my shit out easily. Not at a rate of 2,500usd per day like I'm currently being forced to. I realised how shit they were a while back but I'm stuck. This is a deliberate policy of preventing people moving out.  It's the smaller cases which are being dealt with quicker by them not the bigger more scarey ones. More coins for them to play with the longer they have them. Crooks.

Giardina

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:11:09 PM

I don't get why people use exchanges that are clearly way over their heads and act surprised.

It's clear for months they are way overwhelmed and was still unable to caught up even until today.

How can you trust such a service? Besides, even banks take much less time to help you.
they respond to requests or only after all correct. I have no transactions for 07.07 Deposit who need it to solve?

dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:03:50 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 08:25:52 PM by dissident

You don't need to try withdrawing your altcoins into their own paper wallets. I only try withdrawing BTC and have never had an issue doing it that way. Any other way and you're at risk if being on a 4 week queue of customer support requests when their wallet goes bonkers. Have to accept this is way of things right now. They are a victim of their own success.

Now if a year from now, their servers are still crap and they still have customer support delays, then I'll start complaining. That's more than enough time to upgrade servers and hire sufficient support staff. It would only take a couple of additional hires to plow through the support tickets. With all the profits they've made they can take a breather and invest in their company now that the bubble has burst and volumes are down.

They did do my $25K withdraw limit way back when I started throwing large amounts of NEM onto their exchange. I guess they didn't want me to give my business to Bittrex and figured I had a lot more to unload. They were right.  Kraken never listed NEM and is an afterthought to me at this point.. who mentions them? Their greed about demanding BTC to have a coin listed ultimately cost them a lot of money in the LONG RUN... sometimes you have to think about the long term instead of short term greed.  List your coin and the revenue from transaction fees will quickly surpass what little you would have got from a listing fee, and provide good customer service on top of it and people might start using your exchange. I guess they are happy being small, like BTC-E is which still lists Namecoin but is missing just about everything else.

BTC-E was a dinosaur 3 years ago already though.  Kraken listed EOS but doesn't have NEM and half the other top 20 altcoins listed? What a joke.

I love gemini and Bittrex because of their high daily BTC withdraw limits.  GDAX's  $10K daily limit is kind of a joke at this point. Once you are sufficiently verified with a strong password and 2 factor in place, the daily limit should be at least $100,000.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: