Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price dump from a Bitcoin folk?  (Read 3353 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:54:01 PM

I can pleace my money there there will be a huge dump at the end of july just from the whole fear of the uncertainty and the bitcoin price dropping after the 1st of Aug, then the price will go $3k+ in the next couple of weeks or even days.

I've never been so excited about anything as much as I'm excited to see what's going to happen in August.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
celested

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:50:30 AM

In a month, Segwit (BIP148) will be implemented on Bitcoin and many people are uncertain on what effect it would have on Bitcoin's price.  Maybe that is why the price of Bitcoin has been fluctuated, on the most part, between $2400 and $2800 for the last one month and not going higher despite of many positive and encouraging news that recently came out.  It is possible that after the Segwit implementation, Bitcoin may folk into two.  When that happened, it may cause confusing to the market. 

Question is, if folk happened, for those vendors who accept bitcoins, how are they going to manage accepting the two different coins?  For those who keep their coins in cold wallets, what would happen to the coins?  How does a Bitcoin platform, like Coinbase for example, manage its customers' deposited coins?  And the most important question is - would Bitcoin price drop in the short run or even in the long run due to the folk?

What do you think? 

Exactly, we are not sure about its results, so people are very worried about the future of bitcoin, a possible divide and the value of bitcoin will be drastically reduced. A lot of people are selling bitcoin and making its value fluctuate.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:26:59 AM

I can pleace my money there there will be a huge dump at the end of july just from the whole fear of the uncertainty and the bitcoin price dropping after the 1st of Aug, then the price will go $3k+ in the next couple of weeks or even days.

I've never been so excited about anything as much as I'm excited to see what's going to happen in August.

However, it is not sure speculation right. If you see the price bump after August. We may happy to hold buddy. You can hold the bitcoin at any time. It will provide the 100% returns for your holdings. Only one head ache will be happen us. that is fees for mining, which will increase due to supply and demand.
fynxms

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:31:25 AM

Cryptopocalypse incoming, buying cheap coins @$1200
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 07:41:47 AM

If Bitcoin splits that might mark the end

.... Regarding coins in cold storage, they should be safe (and get doubled or tripled), but Coinbase is obviously a big no-no (we may see a massive exodus of bitcoins from every web wallet out there right before the Judgment day)

Hope the whole Bitcoin community will understand that and work together to prevent the fork to happen.

If one has 1 BTC in a cold wallet and if Bitcoin forked into two - BTC(A) and BTC(B), would it be so happened that after the split, the combination of (A) and (B) would be less than 1 BTC?

It is not quite clear what you mean

After the split you should have 1 BTC on the one chain and exactly 1 BTC on the other chain, so your total of what could still be loosely considered as Bitcoin would be equal to 2 bitcoins. In a sense, chain splitting doubles your bitcoins (or even triples them, if there is more than two chains). If you meant to ask whether the combined value of these bitcoins would match (or even exceed) the current price, this is highly unlikely. Most likely, the price will crash below 1,000 dollars per chain per coin, and it may in fact be way lower than just 1,000 dollars

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:20:50 AM

Seems the segwit2x code is buggy as hell.  The market is starting to price-in the bip-148 soft fork which won't have much hashing power but has a lot of end-user support.
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:16:31 AM

Seems the segwit2x code is buggy as hell.  The market is starting to price-in the bip-148 soft fork which won't have much hashing power but has a lot of end-user support.
I am hearing about this for the first time,i did not know that segwit2x code is buggy. What ever may be the reason these are tough times for bitcoin without a doubt as anything could happen in the next few weeks and i really hope that everything comes out good.If there is a split there would be dump without a doubt.
Abricotier

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:18:58 AM

Rather than spreading fake panic informations, of course not at all explained, you should try to actually construct a bit more your idea Roll Eyes.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
ratoe

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:28:54 AM

So what you suggest should we dump bitcoin now and see what happens after 1st August and buying again in next couple weeks?
Are you optimistic about bitcoin after 1st August will bounce back again if price drop more than 50%?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:03:28 AM

So what you suggest should we dump bitcoin now and see what happens after 1st August and buying again in next couple weeks?
Are you optimistic about bitcoin after 1st August will bounce back again if price drop more than 50%?

He is speculating that a crazy dump will happen.
Others speculate we will rise before August as SegWit getting activated is pretty certain.
You can ask ten different persons and you will get 10 different answers.
Make up your mind and decide yourself. You could sell a part of your coins.Therefore in terms of a rise you're still on the train and if we should dump you can use the cash to buy back in cheaper.
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:09:37 PM

Rather than spreading fake panic informations, of course not at all explained, you should try to actually construct a bit more your idea Roll Eyes.

A crazy guy is trying to make people nervous, it can affect some people at this forum, instead of trying to make people worry, I think he should find a way to deal with it. His current problem with bitcoin.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:23:50 PM

Hope the whole Bitcoin community will understand that and work together to prevent the fork to happen.

If one has 1 BTC in a cold wallet and if Bitcoin forked into two - BTC(A) and BTC(B), would it be so happened that after the split, the combination of (A) and (B) would be less than 1 BTC?

It is not quite clear what you mean

After the split you should have 1 BTC on the one chain and exactly 1 BTC on the other chain, so your total of what could still be loosely considered as Bitcoin would be equal to 2 bitcoins. In a sense, chain splitting doubles your bitcoins (or even triples them, if there is more than two chains). If you meant to ask whether the combined value of these bitcoins would match (or even exceed) the current price, this is highly unlikely. Most likely, the price will crash below 1,000 dollars per chain per coin, and it may in fact be way lower than just 1,000 dollars

You got my question read correctly.  Thank you.  Your answer is what I am afraid of in that the overall value of the bitcoin holding will decrease.

The bitcoin folk Tongue

LOL!   Maybe I should change my alias to "Bitcoin Folk" instead of "Bitcoin Guy".

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:13:22 PM

A crazy guy is trying to make people nervous, it can affect some people at this forum, instead of trying to make people worry, I think he should find a way to deal with it. His current problem with bitcoin.

Be careful of your words, you are too aggressive. I think no one is cheated on him, people are so knowledgeable about bitcoin, if they want to cheat on anyone, they need convincing evidence.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:36:38 PM

No, the price of Bitcoin really can breakdown to $1800-$1600 in next time if psychological of trader still continues to panic as past days. Status SegWit, deathline, bad news about Bitcoin ... are reason can make that, maybe can happens in the last week of July to first week of August. Be careful!

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████