Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:10:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum....Received Less Coins?  (Read 356 times)
joey19154 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:40:01 PM

Hello,

Im new to electrum. I sent $250usd to one of my electrum addresses but only $98usd showed up. Did anyone else have this problem? My fee settings were set to dynamic fees. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:50:02 PM

Hello,

Im new to electrum. I sent $250usd to one of my electrum addresses but only $98usd showed up. Did anyone else have this problem? My fee settings were set to dynamic fees. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Can you share the TXID so that we know what actually happen in your transaction..
Because its impossible to receive less bitcoin when receiving in electrum its should be deducted only the fee for transaction..
Where your bitcoins from?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:39:19 AM

Hello,

Thanks

you don't get charged money to receive bitcoin. the sender gets charged transaction fees on the order of a couple dollars worth but that is usually not deducted from amount sent to you (sender bears tx fees). that money goes to miners. electrum itself does not charge you anything. it's opensource software and you can go look at the source code if you like:
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum

in the past when we've had people complaining about stuff like this it's because they bought bitcoins from shady websites that scammed them. is that what you did?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:59:07 PM

Hello,

Thanks

If you right click and click "view on block explorer" how much does it say you should have recieved from that block explorer? You can also right clikc and click copy ID and paste the txID here to help us work out what the potential problem is.
It was probably an automated service that made the mistake or a scammer who sent you lower than you expected so you may want to launch a complant against the support for that service.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:07:51 PM

If you were scammed you can start a scam accusation in this board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

This is the format to use and information required when making a scam accusation. Even if it doesn't result in a refund it warns other users not to use a particular service, or trade with a particular person.

What happened::

Scammers Profile Link:

Reference Link:
Amount Scammed:
Payment Method:
Proof of Payment:
PM/Chat Logs:
Additional Notes:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: