Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to Reputation  (Read 714 times)
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:46:51 PM

This will show you the one and only way to gain reputation in an anonymous online forum:

Step 1: Invest more way more time/effort and money than you could possibly scam.
Step 2: Done.

So, please don't ask for 200 mBtc Reputation loan and think you will be able to get a 2 BTC loan next time, because you have repaid the last one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:52:03 PM

Yeah, I agree.

People think they can loan a little amount which they can pay off really quick and look pretty impressive, then ask for 5BTC loans etc.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:20:39 PM

This will show you the one and only way to gain reputation in an anonymous online forum:

Step 1: Invest more way more time/effort and money than you could possibly scam.
Step 2: Done.

So, please don't ask for 200 mBtc Reputation loan and think you will be able to get a 2 BTC loan next time, because you have repaid the last one.

step 3: start a ponzi

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:44:06 PM

Same situation for me, I recently got a 650USD loan which should be a quick payback, but I''m sitting on 1000 in coins right now. so I know I can pay it back, Would rather not cash in coin's for money though Smiley

Building rep has a lot to do with your involvement in the community as well! Don't be a weenie.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:48:59 PM

Same situation for me, I recently got a 650USD loan which should be a quick payback, but I''m sitting on 1000 in coins right now. so I know I can pay it back, Would rather not cash in coin's for money though Smiley

Building rep has a lot to do with your involvement in the community as well! Don't be a weenie.

Reputation, doesn't mean your post count, they may be called 'hero members' BUT that doesn't mean a thing.
I could get hero status within a couple of days if I really wanted too.
Whenever, you are looking to build reputation think about it first.
Be prepared to answer all questions and provide any identification if its a big request.
Also, going back to the OP, if they have done many different loans and have repaid ALL, then that doesn't mean one day they see a good opportunuity to get coins and retire on them. always beware.

If your dealing with ANYONE, always do a background check, if you can't find any information, ask around with people who have done past dealings.
I always keep a record of past scams or 'close scams' where the seller/buyer was very late in replying or paying.

You have to beware of everyone on the forums.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:43:17 PM

If your dealing with ANYONE, always do a background check, if you can't find any information, ask around with people who have done past dealings.
I always keep a record of past scams or 'close scams' where the seller/buyer was very late in replying or paying.

You have to beware of everyone on the forums.

+1
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:45:59 AM

This is honestly the same as in real life.  Dealing with people on the forum sometimes FEELS like we`re all part of the same `Community`, whatever that may mean.  But the truth is that in general, you know very little about the person on the other end - even if you do know a first name.

Very few people would lend a hundred bucks, let alone several thousand, to some random guy they met on the street.  Yet many people will lend to someone that they only know from the forum, with nothing more than a forum name.  I don`t hand out identity information readily, but if I were dealing with any sizable quantity of funds, I`d be prepared to give up some verification to justify somebody`s trust and give them some recourse in the event that I fail to live up to my end.

If you`re dealing with wholly anonymous people for a loan, a sale, or anything else - you`ve got to use some other method of protecting yourself, whether that be an escrow, requiring that unidentified_Billy go first, or whatever.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:40:19 PM

With the amount of people getting scammed recently, this is a great principal to re consolidate.

It's simple logic, yet people still fail to notice.
bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 08:00:18 AM

+1 for sticky haha Tongue

Andy B

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: