Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild trading at tradehill  (Read 7566 times)
bodhipraxis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:48:30 AM

Tradehill is run from a shared hosting account on hostgator.

Dedicated Hosting:
tradehill.com is hosted on a dedicated server.

http://whois.domaintools.com/tradehill.com

reverse IP look up says zero sites other than tradehill.com hosted at their IP address.

So I'd like to know how did you come to the conclusion that tradehill is being hosted at a "shared hosting account on hostgator"?

I can tell you that with a few keystrokes, it was easy to determine that tradehill is in no way on a freakin' "shared hosting account on hostgator"..they are not even hosted in the U.S, idiot(s). Their hosting is professional, dedicated, and on-par with I would expect from such an effort.

I am not going to post their domain info, but it is easy to find, if you know what you are doing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:47:14 AM

that is some pretty serious lulz

I lulled.

*pulls BTC to thumbdrives*

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
niemivh

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:49:58 AM

You're FOOLS if you think MtGox getting fucked meant ANYTHING to bitcoins.

FOOLS!

Uh, it means we can buy at lower prices.  And security just went up ten fold.

No, no, you see, you completely misunderstand bitcoins.

Mt. Gox has nothing to do with bitcoins you stupid oaf.

Bitcoins are untouchable and exist completely outside the control of any single entity, why are you so stupid that you don't understand this.

You're just like all those dumbasses in the media that get trival facts about bitcoin wrong in EVERY article they write.

And you're just like all the morons that post comments on those articles affirming all their misperceptions about bitcoin.

YOU DON'T GET IT.

NO ONE HERE GETS IT.

BITCOIN is safe and always was.

MtGox getting hacked means fuck all to this movement.

Now either get out of the kiddy pool or make way for the big fish cause you're getting stupider by the moment.

Yeah yeah, but you do understand that Bitcoins would be worth next to nothing in USD (or 'real' money) if there wasn't for the exchanges?  Are Bitcoins as an abstraction really that cool?  Thought the point was to use them to buy stuff.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
bodhipraxis

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:58:18 AM

You're FOOLS if you think MtGox getting fucked meant ANYTHING to bitcoins.

FOOLS!

Uh, it means we can buy at lower prices.  And security just went up ten fold.

No, no, you see, you completely misunderstand bitcoins.

Mt. Gox has nothing to do with bitcoins you stupid oaf.

Bitcoins are untouchable and exist completely outside the control of any single entity, why are you so stupid that you don't understand this.

You're just like all those dumbasses in the media that get trival facts about bitcoin wrong in EVERY article they write.

And you're just like all the morons that post comments on those articles affirming all their misperceptions about bitcoin.

YOU DON'T GET IT.

NO ONE HERE GETS IT.

BITCOIN is safe and always was.

MtGox getting hacked means fuck all to this movement.

Now either get out of the kiddy pool or make way for the big fish cause you're getting stupider by the moment.

Yeah yeah, but you do understand that Bitcoins would be worth next to nothing in USD (or 'real' money) if there wasn't for the exchanges?  Are Bitcoins as an abstraction really that cool?  Thought the point was to use them to buy stuff.

Note to all: there are tools (publicly available) that will assure you of the hosting of Tradehill's servers. No, not stupid web whois and reverse dns parsers. But it took me all of 90 seconds to assure myself that the poster was barking up a troll tree.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:36:48 AM

Re: Tradehill hosting. 

46.21.104.237 resolves to
"46-21-104-237-static.serverhotell.net"
Top Level Domain: "serverhotell.net"

http://serverhotell.net -> http://glesys.se/serverhotell.php -> http://glesys.com/

Tradehill seems to be hosted by swedish company glesys.com.  TH themselves should've been the first to stop this rumor (which was probably a joke originally) [you're welcome guys].

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
ones51

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:58:35 PM

Dedicated Hosting:
tradehill.com is hosted on a dedicated server.

http://whois.domaintools.com/tradehill.com

reverse IP look up says zero sites other than tradehill.com hosted at their IP address.

So I'd like to know how did you come to the conclusion that tradehill is being hosted at a "shared hosting account on hostgator"?

I'd like to know too!  Lardycake?

Lol! People will believe anything these days. No man, the truth is their host is angelfire. Get the fact straight.
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:09:30 PM

LOL! I was reading this fast and i read "servertohell". Then I realized I was wrong, but for a second, I thought "OMG, tradehill is doomed..."

Goes to show how emotional I can be when things are unstable... I need to calm down.

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 03:21:21 PM

There are a lot of stolen coins out there right now. How much you wanna bet many of them are being unloaded on tradehill as we speak?

If you can stomach profiting from the misfortune of others, go on a buying spree at the pawn shop TradeHill.

imperi

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:22:52 PM

Well TradeHill used to be hosted on Geocities but they upgraded to Hostgator when Geocities closed.
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:32:44 PM

Well TradeHill used to be hosted on Geocities but they upgraded to Hostgator when Geocities closed.

For me it resolves to http://home.aol.com/users/~tradehill04

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:37:20 PM

As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as stolen bitcoins...

I mean what exactly is it that's stolen? It's a number that represents an amount of computational power.

What happened may be illegal but it's not theft, maybe fraud from the hacker for selling in somebody elses name.

Let's all sing the Rationalizaiton song togehter.......!!!! "R is for reject............etc.
aral

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:45:40 PM

There are a lot of stolen coins out there right now. How much you wanna bet many of them are being unloaded on tradehill as we speak?

If you can stomach profiting from the misfortune of others, go on a buying spree at the pawn shop TradeHill.

Would it be possible to track the addresses of the stolen coins?  Not that anything can be done about it really, just would be interesting to see what happens to them.
digimag

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:11:59 PM

You can also trade at bitmarket.eu.

It's the website of my choice.

17opQsbw8873x4PTwzvacEjNR2a59mSxoT
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:19:26 PM

Of course, MagicalTux has consistently refused to identify the stolen coins in the most recent breach, and many older stolen coins have almost certainly already been unloaded via MtGox by now, and it's not like it would've been difficult for the attacker to have laundered them through services that make it impossible to identify where the stolen coins came from or who has them now so it doesn't matter which service you use... but don't let that stop you from using MtGox's fail as a way to discredit its competitors.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 04:35:36 PM

Of course, MagicalTux has consistently refused to identify the stolen coins in the most recent breach, and many older stolen coins have almost certainly already been unloaded via MtGox by now, and it's not like it would've been difficult for the attacker to have laundered them through services that make it impossible to identify where the stolen coins came from or who has them now so it doesn't matter which service you use... but don't let that stop you from using MtGox's fail as a way to discredit its competitors.

I'm in no way discrediting TradeHill.com - I use them all the time myself, and I think they are great. Just pointing out that if you are getting bargains there (or anywhere else right now), it is because of all the stolen coins.

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:43:03 PM

I mean what exactly is it that's stolen? It's a number that represents an amount of computational power.

What happened may be illegal but it's not theft, maybe fraud from the hacker for selling in somebody elses name.

According to your argument, electronic bank fraud is not theft. After all its a number that represents an amount of economic, political, and military power.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:16:02 PM

According to your argument, electronic bank fraud is not theft. After all its a number that represents an amount of economic, political, and military power.

I think this guy should read Atlas' post on the creation of wealth and the ownership of that wealth. And then take some ethics classes.

If I smashed down his front door, took his computer/wallet, according to him that would not be theft. Why? Because the BTC therein are nothging more than a series of computations and the computer iteself a "collage" of molecules representing the figment of imagination. Not really real at all so nothing to be stole!

The door? A mental block. Another figment of imagination to cast aside. Rubbish!
imperi

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:17:32 PM

I think this guy should read Atlas' post on the creation of wealth and the ownership of that wealth. And then take some ethics classes.

If I smashed down his front door, took his computer/wallet, according to him that would not be theft. Why? Because the BTC therein are nothging more than a series of computations and the computer iteself a "collage" of molecules representing the figment of imagination. Not really real at all so nothing to be stole!

The door? A mental block. Another figment of imagination to cast aside. Rubbish!

You only represent a group of molecules. Why should I care if I run you over on a crosswalk?
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:20:45 PM

You only represent a group of molecules. Why should I care if I run you over on a crosswalk?

Because you don't know if my consciousness exists separately from the miniscule mass. That's why.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:29:18 PM

Because you don't know if my consciousness exists separately from the miniscule mass. That's why.

Hey, I don't even know if you have such a thing as "consciousness".
Anyway, I do believe imperi was being facetious.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: