Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:45:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest a way to convert my 1000$ Tango Virtual Prepaid Mastercard to Bitcoins  (Read 326 times)
Masteret (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:49:38 AM

I have a 1000$ Tango Virtual Prepaid Mastercard and was looking for a way to buy bitcoins.

I was thinking to add this money in my skrill wallet and then trading skrill for btc but my monthly skrill limits for addition from a prepaid card are not high at the moment. Is there any other wallet in which I can add this amount and trade for btc at good rates? (If I were able to add this money into skrill, I would get 96% of BTC)

Also is there any other way through which I can deposit my money into and trade them for bitcoins?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 10:25:05 AM

Why you don't buy bitcoin directly (and pay using your prepaid card) from Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase, etc?  They don't accept it?
Sure, there are commissions, but they are smaller if you buy bitcoin directly (rather than doing a exchange).

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:30:08 AM

All this passive advertising! You are indirectly inviting people to buy your virtual card's balance! You're just not mentioning it outright to avoid being called out or red tagged.

If you really have that $1k balance, you will find it difficult to sell that since it is in your name and you have absolute control over that card. Anyone who buys it risks seeing the money reversed or charged back. Or you can regain control over the account after getting the bitcoins by simply contacting Tango and giving them all the information they need to restore your ownership.

You should either offer to buy goods for people on the goods section and they pay you bitcoins for those goods (escrowed of course) or you should upload the funds to your Skrill account and buy bitcoins with those Skrill funds. 96% of btc on Skrill is not bad. Trades here ask for a greater margin than that. If you are not willing to take the 4% loss on Skrill, then I suspect strongly that you are simply playing the luring game here. Waiting for newbies to take the bait as usual.

Masteret (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:23:21 AM

Why you don't buy bitcoin directly (and pay using your prepaid card) from Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase, etc?  They don't accept it?
Sure, there are commissions, but they are smaller if you buy bitcoin directly (rather than doing a exchange).

Haven't tried these services so will try them for sure. Thanks

All this passive advertising! You are indirectly inviting people to buy your virtual card's balance! You're just not mentioning it outright to avoid being called out or red tagged.

If you really have that $1k balance, you will find it difficult to sell that since it is in your name and you have absolute control over that card. Anyone who buys it risks seeing the money reversed or charged back. Or you can regain control over the account after getting the bitcoins by simply contacting Tango and giving them all the information they need to restore your ownership.

You should either offer to buy goods for people on the goods section and they pay you bitcoins for those goods (escrowed of course) or you should upload the funds to your Skrill account and buy bitcoins with those Skrill funds. 96% of btc on Skrill is not bad. Trades here ask for a greater margin than that. If you are not willing to take the 4% loss on Skrill, then I suspect strongly that you are simply playing the luring game here. Waiting for newbies to take the bait as usual.

Chill Man, I have learned to trade on this forum with caution due to some bad experiences. Was really asking for a suggestion as I am new to this bitcoin thing which unlike you, someone has given.

Also, if you read clearly, I say that I am okay with the 4% loss on Skrill (Heck i am even fine with 10% loss) but my skrill limits allow me to add only 200$ per month via a prepaid card. So it would take 5 months for me to do trades via Skrill.

Please don't be an asshole and assume everyone is bad here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: