Bitcoin Forum
January 19, 2018, 05:07:28 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DogeCityVR - the city of doge the dog where you can buy your virtual space  (Read 60 times)
diagonalthink

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:45:30 PM

https://i.imgur.com/7HL9S8K.png

In DogeCityVR you can buy virtual spaces to advertise yourself or your company, you can buy virtual buildings (with any altcoin or fiat money) to paint with your logo and link them to your website.

DogeCityVR is the modern DOGE vr evolution of the original milliondollarhomepage (http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/). Not just a clone but a modern 3D reconstruction.

youtube trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bKj8liWPsw

twitter page: https://twitter.com/_DiagonalThink_

themilliondollarhomepage (2005 2d canvase)  vs dogecityvr (2018 WebVR)

https://i.imgur.com/fwwCNzb.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squatz1

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:45:39 AM

So you're saying that people can advertise in a world that no one is going to visit, and they're going to have to pay $130 USD for each cell that they want to.

I don't know if you're trying to scam people here, but no one is going to come here and pay for anything dude. Would you like to actually explain yourself here?

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
nc50lc

Activity: 112

∙Self-proclaimed∙Genius∙

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

I watched the trailer, it's a piece of crap.
Just like he said, who would pay 130$+ for their advertisement to be displayed in a horrendous VR space.
Who would visit it, another advertiser?
Milliondollar Homepage is a website, the concept works like that (website).

If you came up with an interesting Open-world game, make some space for advertisements. That's the way to go.
You can partner with a game developer or publishers.

It's a nice concept for MMORPG/Open-world games, I'll give you that.

________________EBCOIN________________        █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █    JOIN TOKEN SALE   >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers        ◢◢     Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market     ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                  TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                TELEGRAM                 ▬▬▬▬
diagonalthink

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:48:40 AM

So you're saying that people can advertise in a world that no one is going to visit, and they're going to have to pay $130 USD for each cell that they want to.

I don't know if you're trying to scam people here, but no one is going to come here and pay for anything dude. Would you like to actually explain yourself here?

it is not a scam, but i publish the project just yesterday than still few people know about it.

I watched the trailer, it's a piece of crap.
Just like he said, who would pay 130$+ for their advertisement to be displayed in a horrendous VR space.
Who would visit it, another advertiser?
Milliondollar Homepage is a website, the concept works like that (website).

If you came up with an interesting Open-world game, make some space for advertisements. That's the way to go.
You can partner with a game developer or publishers.

It's a nice concept for MMORPG/Open-world games, I'll give you that.

For first also this is a website, you can enter through the url and explore the world with mouse and keyboard, not necessarily in VR mode. Probably with "horrendous" you mean the textures in the video, i put a pack of random textures that i obscured to avoid copyright problems, but basically it's just a empty place where everyone can buy the building that wants at the size he wants with the image he want (just like milliondollarhomepage but in 3D) then the space can become horrible if the customers put horrible images.
if you were referring to this, I think I have to redo the video with different images. If you see the video from the minute 1:00 you can see how the texture that i put on my building faces is quite different than others.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:37:29 PM

The main question I have about this and projects like the million dollar homepage is, how do do advertisers get any value out of advertising on your website?
I really doubt that your website would even be visited by potential customers for the people who would be buying advertisements.

Aside from building a house that's plastered with advertisements, there doesn't seem to be any other functionality that makes this experience even remotely fun imo.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
diagonalthink

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:07:08 PM

The main question I have about this and projects like the million dollar homepage is, how do do advertisers get any value out of advertising on your website?
I really doubt that your website would even be visited by potential customers for the people who would be buying advertisements.

Aside from building a house that's plastered with advertisements, there doesn't seem to be any other functionality that makes this experience even remotely fun imo.

The goal of this kind of website is to offer a limited space so as to make all the banners visible at the same time (those who pay more are more visible because bigger banner/building). Then the advertiser's profit is to generate more traffic in his own webpage, because the banners are clickable. (in my case not yet).
I nevertheless noticed that companies are not always buying these spaces but sometimes private people for their own reasons (fun?). I just repeated the same formula in a modern way (3D/VR + crypto payments)

diagonalthink

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:37:23 AM

new update: the page become the city of doge the dog
diagonalthink

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:03:47 PM

new update: themilliondollarhomepage (2005 2d canvas) vs docegityvr (2018 WebVR)

https://i.imgur.com/fwwCNzb.jpg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.