Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy GPUs ?  (Read 2702 times)
zoufou (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

Hi !

I've manager to get all components but the GPUs: motherboards, risers, cases ...

It appears mostly impossible to find any RX 4xx or RX 5xx in stock on any market, i'm actually stuck looking for any good GPU to take.

Any suggestions ?

Thx !
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:39:39 AM

Hi !

I've manager to get all components but the GPUs: motherboards, risers, cases ...

It appears mostly impossible to find any RX 4xx or RX 5xx in stock on any market, i'm actually stuck looking for any good GPU to take.

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

Where are you? I have a source I can get rx580s and 570s for about $250 each.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:41:55 AM

You can buy at amazon but with the situation right now You'll be having a hard time to buy gpus. For the reason that the stocks of GPUs falls because of the sudden demand in bitcoin and  altcoin mining. But i guess there will be some people that is hoarding it and will sell at a high price.

szafa

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:30:53 AM

In shop or auctions.
comp

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:57:22 AM

Hi !

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

Wait for a few months and you will be able to buy 5 for the price of 2
zoufou (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:20:47 PM

Hi !

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

And ROI will double ...
zoufou (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

go nvdia way, 1050ti, 1060 or 1070.

i have a machine running 9x 1050ti and i am pretty happy about it.

What ROI do you have there ?
Yaupgitda

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:48:51 PM

Hi !

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

I do not think so. The price will just drop a little.
abhinav_thakur01

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:35:04 PM

If you look at the link below, you would think twice before buying a gpu miner . I do not know the truth of this post but its worth reading.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944976.0
comp

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:52:25 PM

If you look at the link below, you would think twice before buying a gpu miner . I do not know the truth of this post but its worth reading.

I'm sure he is not going to mine bitcoin. Although mining other coins will render useless after Casper as well.....thousands of GHS looking for other coins to mine
curiousdawg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:44:07 PM

Hi !

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

@Evan, I am interested. On the East Coast in the US
kodavista

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:12:47 PM

Hi !

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

Im also interested!
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:31:05 PM

So you bought all components besides GPUs? Interesting, you must have been offline for few weeks....
gungriffin

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:57:21 PM

This strikes me as foolish. His thought process is perfect for lazy people and those with a victim mentality. People who do things half assed will likely not succeed. Surprised? I am not... Learning to mine isn't easy, but it isn't hard either. It takes perseverance and planning. Of course the difficulty will go up if the coin is succeeding. That is just logic. That doesn't meant that it isn't possible to make money along the way. It is just one more component to be mindful of. You will be hard pressed to find a business capable of the upside of mining in a similar time frame. I am looking at about 8 months before I am at break even on my costs over an operational time of about 18 months. That is pretty damn awesome to me.

Oh wait... Lets continue to keep up the charade. There is no way that anyone can make money at this.

Hi !

Any suggestions ?

Thx !

Be flexible. You have to roll with the punches. There aren't many AMD cards on the market. So, what else is there? Check Newegg.... Or any of the dozens of parts suppliers on the internet.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:11:05 AM

Newbies are getting ripped off with the gpu dealers now , how can you buy a $160 gpu with $250 while the difficulty is already hitting the roof and everything is going down ,stop lossing money ppl at least wait for gpu prices to get to normal again , i am not saying this for my personal profit but this situation is nonsense, why in hell would i buy now. Just think of it

2016 GPU Miner
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:11:46 AM

Nowinstock scans card selling sites automatically for stock (mainly Newegg, etc) but nowadays unless you are lightning quick bots buy them out fast. At this point you can either refresh the card page every millisecond, hope nowinstock alerts you fast enough, or you can buy gouged cards from third party sellers. It is essentially gambling with all mining, so remember this- Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

If you are truly desperate modded RX 560/460s can do around 14MHs per card with low power consumption and can reach ROI fairly quickly. Only problem is you need a whole lot of risers as the cards don't mine too fast.
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:32:53 PM

For those looking I am getting my RX 580s off Ali baba from Wang Graphics LTD. So far I've bought around ~50 of them @250USD in the last 3 months. They are very reliable.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
fusion12

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:57:53 PM

Um, been trying to find Wang Graphics LTD but no luck. Can you help a bit evan ? Thanks!
Subw

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:59:56 PM

Um, been trying to find Wang Graphics LTD but no luck. Can you help a bit evan ? Thanks!

chill... it was a joke.
think a second how da fuck Wang can get cards if newegg can't ?
wartimekillers

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:31:54 PM

but indeed there's a lot of stock with super low price tag in alibaba is it real?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: