Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PicoStash - Host and sell files for BTC/LTC/DASH  (Read 1344 times)
a_schaeffer (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:36:45 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 05:37:45 PM by a_schaeffer

https://picostash.com

What is it?
It basically is an easy way to sell your digital content for crypto currencies. Currently PicoStash supports Bitcoin, Litecoin and DASH (recognizes InstantSend tx.). Initially is was meant to be Bitcoin only but once the high fees started taking over I figured it would be nice to implement multiple currencies.
Once a customer has made a payment, it will be transferred to you automatically. No need to withdraw, this way there's never a large amount of coins in the hot wallet and your earnings are transferred to the safety of your own wallet as soon as possible.
Note that this is NOT a platform where people can browse through uploads, you are responsible for making your link known to your potential customers, preferably through a medium your customers trust and know that is operated by you. (blog/twitter/Facebook etc.)

Why PicoStash?
  • No need to withdraw by hand, your earnings will be transferred to the safety of your own wallet as soon as a successful payment has been processed. (As a result very few coins will be in PicoStash's hot wallet, making it a less likely target)
  • Up to 2GB of data per upload.
  • You decide which coins are accepted. (At the moment Bitcoin, Litecoin and DASH, more to come...)
  • Simple but clean dashboard to watch your earnings and manage your 'stashes'.
  • Fees are 1.5% with $0.20 minimum.
  • Simple process for buyers, no registration/e-mail address required. After a payment, download links are generated that will remain valid for 24 hours.

See it in action.
Once you have uploaded your files, set a price in U.S. dollars and entered your receiving addresses (if you don't want to accept a specific coin, just leave the receiving address blank), you'll end up with a link that looks something like this:
https://picostash.com/stash/a8
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 7107

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

You should really try to lower your fees. You need to give your users a reason to use your service since fees are higher than any other service, and you are not trusted enought considering your website is brand new. Maybe only 1% in the first phase of your website?

For example, selly.gg already offers only 2.5% on larger Bitcoin transactions, supports BTC, Dash, LTC and ETH as payment, and it's already trusted in the market. This makes people prefer their service than yours.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
a_schaeffer (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

You should really try to lower your fees. You need to give your users a reason to use your service since fees are higher than any other service, and you are not trusted enought considering your website is brand new. Maybe only 1% in the first phase of your website?

For example, selly.gg already offers only 2.5% on larger Bitcoin transactions, supports BTC, Dash, LTC and ETH as payment, and it's already trusted in the market. This makes people prefer their service than yours.

Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't aware of Selly. I get What you are saying, might have to take another look at the fee schedule. However Satoshibox seems to be fairly popular and their fee is 6% or 0.0015BTC. Not sure if it has always been that high though.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:55:52 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't aware of Selly. I get What you are saying, might have to take another look at the fee schedule. However Satoshibox seems to be fairly popular and their fee is 6% or 0.0015BTC. Not sure if it has always been that high though.

What I'd do is go with a minimal fee in the beginning (enough to get by) and slowly increase it as you gain traction. You need users to get visibility but you need visibility to get users. Bootstrap it, essentially.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:30:43 AM

What is it?
It basically is an easy way to sell your digital content for crypto currencies. Currently PicoStash supports Bitcoin, Litecoin and DASH (recognizes InstantSend tx.). This is a side project I started back in 2015 but only recently started working on again. Initially is was meant to be Bitcoin only but once the high fees started taking over I figured it would be nice to implement multiple currencies.
Once a customer has made a payment, it will be transferred to you automatically. No need to withdraw, this way there's never a large amount of coins in the hot wallet and your earnings are transferred to the safety of your own wallet as soon as possible.

See it in action.
Once you have uploaded your files, set a price in U.S. dollars and entered your receiving addresses (if you don't want to accept a specific coin, just leave the receiving address blank), you'll end up with a link that looks something like this:

Let's hear your feedback.

Good that you have launched your site and made the announcement. But just posting an announcement here won't get you lots of sellers. You need to campaign vigorously like signature campaigns, bounty programmes, etc, so that your site is shown all over the forum. Then you can expect some sellers interested, without that, it won't be of much use.
a_schaeffer (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:24:10 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I adjusted the fees and they should be pretty competitive now. I'll definitely look into sig. campaigns/bounty programmes.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:15:33 PM

What is it?
It basically is an easy way to sell your digital content for crypto currencies. Currently PicoStash supports Bitcoin, Litecoin and DASH (recognizes InstantSend tx.). This is a side project I started back in 2015 but only recently started working on again. Initially is was meant to be Bitcoin only but once the high fees started taking over I figured it would be nice to implement multiple currencies.

See it in action.

Let's hear your feedback.

Good that you have launched your site and made the announcement. But just posting an announcement here won't get you lots of sellers. You need to campaign vigorously like signature campaigns, bounty programmes, etc, so that your site is shown all over the forum. Then you can expect some sellers interested, without that, it won't be of much use.

Well, I think these is the reason they started the Signature Campaign. I just hope many users get attracted to these site. I know that many other sites are doing these kind of services but having other altcoins join the fun is cool.

Thanks for the input guys. I adjusted the fees and they should be pretty competitive now. I'll definitely look into sig. campaigns/bounty programmes.

I am a member of the Signature Campaign and will be doing my job as a member of it. I've also told some of my friends about it and they seem curious about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:33:40 AM

Have you considered offering the same kind of service but for free content, in the same vein as a storage host like Mega but for individual files? For example, you could have the user set an allowance of how much a certain file is to be downloaded by depositing BTC/other crypto into the site's wallet and then start taking from that as the file that your client uploaded gets downloaded by other people that it is shared with. If you do this in a location without DMCA protection I could see it being used by people sharing content that they would otherwise not be allowed to share publicly. It is of course just a suggestion and you could also implement a variation of it or even a temporary torrent seeder, for example. I know this would be of great use to me, at least.

If any of this comes to fruiting please PM me, since I would like to try it out personally.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
a_schaeffer (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:51:45 PM

Have you considered offering the same kind of service but for free content, in the same vein as a storage host like Mega but for individual files? For example, you could have the user set an allowance of how much a certain file is to be downloaded by depositing BTC/other crypto into the site's wallet and then start taking from that as the file that your client uploaded gets downloaded by other people that it is shared with. If you do this in a location without DMCA protection I could see it being used by people sharing content that they would otherwise not be allowed to share publicly. It is of course just a suggestion and you could also implement a variation of it or even a temporary torrent seeder, for example. I know this would be of great use to me, at least.

If any of this comes to fruiting please PM me, since I would like to try it out personally.

I'm not sure I am following what you are saying. Do you mean a user can upload a file, then deposit some coins to make it available to download for free until the funds run out?
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

I'm not sure I am following what you are saying. Do you mean a user can upload a file, then deposit some coins to make it available to download for free until the funds run out?

Yes, exactly. A similar thing can be done where the user uploads a torrent file, then your service leeches it, and then seeds it until their funds run out. I remember there being a service that did exactly this a couple of years ago, but I cannot remember its name. Their business model ran something like charging a small amount per hour of seeding the torrent and then a more significant amount for the actual data upload. I am sure you could use a CLI-based torrent client to make this easier, but of course that is just a suggestion. If anyone who reads this remembers the name of the old service that provided/may still provide this that would be nice too.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
a_schaeffer (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:23:45 PM

Yes, exactly. A similar thing can be done where the user uploads a torrent file, then your service leeches it, and then seeds it until their funds run out. I remember there being a service that did exactly this a couple of years ago, but I cannot remember its name. Their business model ran something like charging a small amount per hour of seeding the torrent and then a more significant amount for the actual data upload. I am sure you could use a CLI-based torrent client to make this easier, but of course that is just a suggestion. If anyone who reads this remembers the name of the old service that provided/may still provide this that would be nice too.

That sounds do-able, and as much as I want customers, to me that seems like a surefire way to get involved into all kinds of serious legal trouble. I'm more interested in finding customers that want to sell their music, e-book/magazine, software or even adult material There's a whole lot of girls making some extra money selling custom vids for BTC that understandably don't want to give out their personal details, so cryptocurrencies are the way to go for them.

If somebody remembers the name of the service you are talking about I'd love to know as well and see if they are still in business, perhaps it is viable after all.
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:28:43 PM

This is a cool idea, I posted up some of my pics for sale for BTC/USD/ETH/LTE etc. already on another platform but I wish I saw this earlier. Seems like an awesome way to get recognition, coins, and cash.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:20:34 PM

This is a cool idea, I posted up some of my pics for sale for BTC/USD/ETH/LTE etc. already on another platform but I wish I saw this earlier. Seems like an awesome way to get recognition, coins, and cash.
You can post those pics again in picostash if you like.

What I really like about picostash is the fee structure, 1.5% on every purchase is really small if compared with other competing platforms. Also  it is quite easy to sell your contents in picostash because of easy to follow step by step guide site have.

SHawk

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:39:29 PM

Without much ado, picostash shall emerge as the best digital goods online at least better than its predecessors because it accepts other alts compare to other markets that only accept one type of cryptocoin.

The Op also needed to update the website information because the homepage only have this information PicoStash demo. (do not buy) Created 2w 0d ago, Price: $15.00, Accepted currencies: BitcoinDASHLitecoin.

My apology i clicked on https://picostash.com/stash/a8 instead of https://picostash.com/
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:54:32 AM

Without much ado, picostash shall emerge as the best digital goods online at least better than its predecessors because it accepts other alts compare to other markets that only accept one type of cryptocoin.
Better than those payivy or whatever links.Thing I need to know is weather our files are secure from third party viewing/downloading from your server.And that third party is you,do you store the files with access only from the client server,meaning only client and the one that client requested to pay has access for downloading the files ? Otherwise I don't trust your service.
a_schaeffer (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:48:14 PM

Better than those payivy or whatever links.Thing I need to know is weather our files are secure from third party viewing/downloading from your server.And that third party is you,do you store the files with access only from the client server,meaning only client and the one that client requested to pay has access for downloading the files ? Otherwise I don't trust your service.

The point with encrypting the files is that you have to somehow get the decryption key to the customer. The best way to do that is through a secure communication channel with you customer. E.g. You upload an encrypted (archive) file to PicoStash and then after purchasing the user will have to message you for the password.

I am not aware of any less inconvenient methods to achieve the same level of security. There were some hosting service that used client side JavaScript encryption but that's basically using the hash of the URL to transport the decryption key. So sharing that URL in public is dangerous and you'd have to be sure that the decoding JavaScript file isn't actually compromised and secretly sharing the key.
bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:43:56 PM

Very nice project with simple and elegant interface, nice to see fees are just 1.5%. Happy to promote this project, hope more people will use PicoStash service.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:57:32 PM

Checking out the service and I am impressed with the details you have put up there but at the same time, I think more more publicity should be done on the digital section of the forum. Also, I want to know if there is a kind of dispute resolution because a situation whereby service provision is misrepresented in other to gain more attention.
a_schaeffer (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:08:20 PM

Checking out the service and I am impressed with the details you have put up there but at the same time, I think more more publicity should be done on the digital section of the forum. Also, I want to know if there is a kind of dispute resolution because a situation whereby service provision is misrepresented in other to gain more attention.

Thanks. You mean a dispute over the contents of the files? Since all transactions are final due to the nature of the cryptocurrencies you would have to contact the seller directly. All the coins are directly transferred to the seller and not held by us, so we do not have the coins any longer after a successful payment has been received. That's why there currently is no marketplace like section on the website (until the seller rating system is in place). You should only considering buying files if you have found the link to them on a blog/forum/twitter feed etc. you trust.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:46:25 PM

Thanks. You mean a dispute over the contents of the files? Since all transactions are final due to the nature of the cryptocurrencies you would have to contact the seller directly. All the coins are directly transferred to the seller and not held by us, so we do not have the coins any longer after a successful payment has been received. That's why there currently is no marketplace like section on the website (until the seller rating system is in place). You should only considering buying files if you have found the link to them on a blog/forum/twitter feed etc. you trust.

Thank you for the response which is even timely at that. And I think more is to be done to make the sellers responsible the reason why I said that is because people who are morally deficient might want to use that as a means to scam users and it won't be long before people start tagging the go between as the platform to scam people. My opinion though.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: