Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe to say my card is dead and might require me to try to rma??  (Read 205 times)
Vwgtiturbo1 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:01:53 PM

So for the last 2 days I been trying to fix my gpu issue. So my gpu thru claymore game me a gpu error. So I tried multiple time to reset the computer and I still get errors thru claymore along with bsod giving me tdr errors. So I decided it to try it on another rig this time as the primary card ( same model card rx470 4gb) same drivers and all but this time it doesn't show up in my device manager, note the gpu is running off of Windows generic driver. So I removed it and placed back my other 6 gpus on that rig and they all showed up in the device manager and are mining fine. Today having doubts that their still be hope I tried it again on its original rig this time I just used a available pcie slot and not use it as primary video card and it did show up in the device manager. Shortly after that short moment of joy the system crashed when running claymore. Now having a hard time to even reset my rig with the card on the rig, I went ahead to remove it and it started up and started mining on the rest of the cards without the suspect gpu Installed in the system. After 3 months of mining could it be that it's dead and I should try to send it back at this point. I tried to flip the switch on the bios on the gpu and it still gives me the same issues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 04:08:04 PM

is this on a stock bios? maybe try reflashing stock bios even if it is stock, see what happens

you should also check hwinfo for errors, see if its throwing them up (i bet it is)

Prob just dead, maybe shitty chips.  have you volt modded it? try an RMA, see what happens maybe

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Vwgtiturbo1 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:15:10 PM

Yea this bios is modded and when I switch over to the 2nd bios still get the same error. I can't get it to get recognized with it as the primary card. Mind you this card has been working straight for 3 or so months without any errors. I got it working last night for a few seconds before it went to 0mhs and caused system reboot yesterday. At first I thought it was a dead riser but after trying it on another working system and nothing I still think the card is dead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: