Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZCash backdoor?  (Read 2848 times)
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:02:53 PM

Alphabay implement Zcash and they are down?
Coincidence or backdoor?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nalien

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:56:47 PM

Is that paper available anywhere?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:41:08 PM

As if we needed any more reasons to boycott ZionistCash and it's 20% premine.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
cryptimus prime (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:58:31 PM

Is that paper available anywhere?

Here is what Green said how they could build a backdoor into Zcash: https://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepercent/2013/03/bitcoin-zerocoin.html

This was back in march, so maybe now the backdoor is already in Zcash.
So basically they can make every transaction visible, even the "anonymous" transactions. Great coin.  Grin
Nalien

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:36:56 AM

Thanks for the link. Glad I never put any penny into this one. Tongue
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:16:07 AM

Regardless of whether this is true an anon coin with a dev team that receives direct financial compensation from the use of said anon coin never sat well with me in regards to the possibility of criminal liability and therefore this type of stuff.
cryptimus prime (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:08:05 AM

Thanks for the link. Glad I never put any penny into this one. Tongue

Me too I dont see an utility for an anonymous coin which is deanonymized by the developers through a backdoor. Add to this the trusted setup which can allow them to print coins endlessly and you have a deep flawed useless coin.
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:42:58 AM

I'm feeling distrustful of all the altcoins, they suffer too much influence from bitcoin, if bitcoin drops, most altcoins also decrease. Zcash too.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:58:53 AM

Like we needed any more reason to stay away after 20% premine.

EDIT:
Was the backdoor in the seed? If so, ZClassic also has the same backdoor?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bitstomake

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:42:02 PM

Like we needed any more reason to stay away after 20% premine.

EDIT:
Was the backdoor in the seed? If so, ZClassic also has the same backdoor?

This was what I was wondering.  I think its safest to assume that all the forks would be susceptible to the same insecurities.
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

How anyone could trust Zcash after Zooko essentially admitted that it had a backdoor in one of his tweets is beyond me.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:02:36 PM

I'm feeling distrustful of all the altcoins, they suffer too much influence from bitcoin, if bitcoin drops, most altcoins also decrease. Zcash too.
Because in 2017 not have rules trading as 2015-2016, the rules of cryptocurrency market in history is: "Bitcoin up, Altcoin down and Bitcoin down, Altcoin will up!" but checking again the price in 2017 helps me. This rules has been broken and when Bitcoin growth, altcoin will rising up too and strong than Bitcoin, as XRP from @500 sats to @25.000 sats, ETH from $10 to $400, DGB from @50 sat to @2600 sat ... lol. And at now, if you compare with this rules I said, you can understand the market

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████