Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in Ripple but not in bitcoin?  (Read 1384 times)
ayurvedicurea2growtaller (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:33:55 PM

Ripple price is just 0.25 but bitcoin is already expensive,, and since many experts are saying Ripple will be larger than anything ever seen, so do you think it's a good idea to get our hands on this Ripple? Experts suggestion needed. thanks
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:54:32 PM

Ripple price is just 0.25 but bitcoin is already expensive,, and since many experts are saying Ripple will be larger than anything ever seen, so do you think it's a good idea to get our hands on this Ripple? Experts suggestion needed. thanks
Ripple is on a losing streak recently, you can look at the charts and see it for yourself. It spiked and now it is sitting at about half of its peak, compared to Bitcoin which is just a few hundred dollars under what it had peaked at, which is entirely respectable for a crypto of its size and value. Plus I haven't heard of anyone calling Ripple something that will be bigger than we've been before. Since it exists around helping the banking system, and is doing a poor job at that so far, I'd ignore the token for right now. But don't listen to me.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:56:10 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ripple is 25 cents because there are already BILLIONS (only 21Million bitcoins will be in existance EVER).

Ripple also has a hard cap of... Wait there is no hard cap. Ripple is fiat 2.0. Why not just use fiat?! At least it's stable!

Look how many banks around the world back up ripple. Why the hell are you even looking into cryptocurrency if you just want a coin made by a bank?? What's the point? Would you also like a bitcoin bank? What a useless concept.

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:00:27 PM

so you guys mean investing in ripple is a bad idea because it's price is lower now?
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:02:27 PM

No.

Ripple is centralized. There are plenty of centralized solutions in the market. Also lots of Ripples are on hold because of contracts, so there will be dump in the future.
dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:09:12 PM

Ripple is so low in value due to the supply. There are currently: 38,291,387,790 XRP in circulation. Almost 39bn. So I'd say 0.25c is a decent value for something that is so common.

Bitcoin has a high value and will continue to hold that value, because it's naturally scarce and has a finite amount.

If XRP would goto $1 it will likely overtake BTC in current market cap....not going to happen.

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:11:18 PM

Ripple is so low in value due to the supply. There are currently: 38,291,387,790 XRP in circulation. Almost 39bn. So I'd say 0.25c is a decent value for something that is so common.

Bitcoin has a high value and will continue to hold that value, because it's naturally scarce and has a finite amount.

If XRP would goto $1 it will likely overtake BTC in current market cap....not going to happen.

that means we need to stay away from ripple then? Do you know any other currency which has lower price but huge uptrend potential.. like bitcoin.?
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:13:42 PM

so you guys mean investing in ripple is a bad idea because it's price is lower now?
You haven't read the replies. Ripple is like digital fiat that can be manipulated and inflated at will. Some banks are already adapting to use blockchain verification with fiat transfers. How is Ripple going to compete with that? The average user will either choose the most valuable crypto (Bitcoin) or a more anonymous one (Ethereum) or Fiat with Blockchain transfers. Ripple has no target audience.
dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:46:36 PM

that means we need to stay away from ripple then? Do you know any other currency which has lower price but huge uptrend potential.. like bitcoin.?

Check here: https://coinmarketcap.com/

It lists the top 100 crypto, their supply, price and marketcap.

Do your own research, the people here who will tell you to "buy X coin" are just in a losing position, trying to get others to buy/pump their coin, be careful.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:53:56 PM

Saying the truth Ripple hasn't show any light that will be a good coin for the future, for many weeks or months it's price is declining.

I really hoped that Ripple is a good coin and with a good potential in the future but I've got disappointed but I want to happen the opposite but maybe after a year or two.

About bitcoin I'm more optimistic rather than ripple, but let's see what will happen after 1st August and after this September. 
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:54:54 PM

You need to do your own reasearch and make your own decision. If you start read, you will understand that 90% of clowns that wrote above, just want you to be in other camp.

Read, research and choose your own camp, never trust clowns.
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:57:11 PM

Saying the truth Ripple hasn't show any light that will be a good coin for the future, for many weeks or months it's price is declining.

I really hoped that Ripple is a good coin and with a good potential in the future but I've got disappointed but I want to happen the opposite but maybe after a year or two.

About bitcoin I'm more optimistic rather than ripple, but let's see what will happen after 1st August and after this September. 

The price got 7500% raise, compared to Bitcoin that only has political problems, and was crashing from 1300 to 200 and controlled by miners and etc. Damn, I would better trust LTC (if not be biased on XRP), though it has Miners monopoly there
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:59:58 PM

You haven't read the replies. Ripple is like digital fiat that can be manipulated and inflated at will. Some banks are already adapting to use blockchain verification with fiat transfers. How is Ripple going to compete with that? The average user will either choose the most valuable crypto (Bitcoin) or a more anonymous one (Ethereum) or Fiat with Blockchain transfers. Ripple has no target audience.

LOL Ethereum anonymous!!!!!!!!! LOL you fucking idiot.

None of it can do transactions in seconds, like XRP
None of it has fraction of cent fee like XRP

Ripple the only coin here that solves real world problem and has use-cases. Bitcoin does not solve any of problem, even Ethereum solves more problems.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

The price of an individual coin isn't relevant. You need to look at total coin supply as well. That is, you need to look at marketcap.

Don't agree, sorry! Ripple has a huge target audience, and XRP is not simply digital fiat. Ripple's RCL makes international bank transfers very quick and very cheap. XRP is the native token to the ledger. Banks don't absolutely need to use XRP to use the RCL, but XRP has no counterparty risk, and is the cheapest way to do it... I'm not an expert, but it seems likely to me that banks will use XRP. Ripple just needs to build liquidity in the relevant transaction corridors. This is potentially a huge market, and the current system is riddled with inefficiencies and is begging for improvement. For many currencies, you can't just go a->b, you have to go via c and d first. Ripple and XRP can make this near-instantaneous and extremely cheap. This solves a genuine and pressing real-world problem, and at present Ripple has no credible competitors.
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:03:31 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ripple is 25 cents because there are already BILLIONS (only 21Million bitcoins will be in existance EVER).

Ripple also has a hard cap of... Wait there is no hard cap. Ripple is fiat 2.0. Why not just use fiat?! At least it's stable!

Look how many banks around the world back up ripple. Why the hell are you even looking into cryptocurrency if you just want a coin made by a bank?? What's the point? Would you also like a bitcoin bank? What a useless concept.

Oh ye, we prefer miners bank! Ripple has cap, you just need to open eyes. And this is even not about banks, at least in Ripple I do not need to pay to miners, worried what psychological issue they need to overcome tomorrow, all this politics and wait days on transaction conformation, and fuck, this shit can not be called store of value, when in a hour it can loose 900USD in value.
styca

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:07:01 PM

Ripple the only coin here that solves real world problem and has use-cases.

Yes, exactly!
Nice to see you here vsyc! I could do with some help defending XRP. Many people seem to misunderstand.
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:09:55 PM

Ripple the only coin here that solves real world problem and has use-cases.

Yes, exactly!
Nice to see you here vsyc! I could do with some help defending XRP. Many people seem to misunderstand.

There are just moron traders, they have on appreciation to value at all. Anyone who wants to draw a line, here:

https://ripple.com/xrp/
https://ripple.com/insights/nine-things-need-know-xrp/
Mr Frog

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is the King

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:15:27 PM

I went into Cryptos to have part of my portfolio away from banks. I'll never ever invest in a crypto partly controlled by those same banksters.
Just doesn't make sense to me.

I did not post this message, The Russians did it !
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:27:54 PM

It really depends on what you are looking for, Ripple will be around for a long time but growth wise has it got much room for huge growth? bitcoin however has a lot of room to grow and for reasons already stated by others ripple has a lot of negatives going for it.
styca

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:44:37 PM

Ripple will be around for a long time but growth wise has it got much room for huge growth?

If it succeeds (and I think it will), it will be huge, and take over a major part of the international banking sector. In which case XRP price will be vastly higher than what it is now.
The alternative is that Ripple don't succeed in what they're trying to do, and XRP will just die.

I think it's one of the all-or-nothing coins. Succeed or fail, with little in between.

As with everything else, people really have to do their own research and make up their own minds. A lot of people in this thread have been negative towards XRP; I'm putting the opposing argument. I think XRP will succeed, and the price in a few years' time will be astronomically higher than at present.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: