Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:49:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Decred claim to fix the current Bitcoin problems?  (Read 384 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:56:19 PM

Decred claims to have found the solution for the Bitcoin governance problem. Of course whenever I hear someone claiming to have fixed what Bitcoin can't, I think it's a scam. Upon further research they seem to use a PoS/PoW hybrid solution in which voting happens.

I can't keep up with so much stuff right now so I would like anyone to explain to me why Decred is worth anyones time and money.

Mindless shills don't try to sell me your bags because they you are obvious to me.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

read this: https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=2007635

systemv

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

StuffGoGo Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:16:40 PM

Decred claims to have found the solution for the Bitcoin governance problem. Of course whenever I hear someone claiming to have fixed what Bitcoin can't, I think it's a scam. Upon further research they seem to use a PoS/PoW hybrid solution in which voting happens.

I can't keep up with so much stuff right now so I would like anyone to explain to me why Decred is worth anyones time and money.

Mindless shills don't try to sell me your bags because they you are obvious to me.

I don't get Decred governance model, it's based on assumption that PoS and PoW groups will balance each out on making compromise decisions. Theoretically thats possible. But in practice miners would be still biggest PoS stakeholders. Or I am missing something?

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:37:58 PM

I don't get Decred governance model, it's based on assumption that PoS and PoW groups will balance each out on making compromise decisions. Theoretically thats possible. But in practice miners would be still biggest PoS stakeholders. Or I am missing something?

Looks like they are being naive in thinking this will not get gamed when (if ever) Decred gets as big as Bitcoin. I don't believe the idea is new enough to replace bitcoin. We have already seen PoS/PoW hybrid solutions with reputation mechanism and I don't think it's robust enough to think this is a so called bitcoin killer.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:14:21 PM

when WBB (DLS) owners of 1ex.trade drop their new wallet in the coming weeks, everyone will see how it changes the game in crypto and fixes any current issues ppl have with bitcoin and the blockchain.  Cool Wink

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: