Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin be a more secured way of handling cash?  (Read 2452 times)
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:01:15 PM

Do you mean BTC address? If that's what you mean then no. Those addresses are used so you can make transactions. They are meant to be given publicly (or to your sender) without the fear of being hacked. Just make sure that you won't give your address together with your private keys because that would be very foolish  Huh. Keep your private keys. Don't let anyone have access to your personal phone or pc as much as possibble and your safe from being hacked.

that is right and as long as you only give your wallet address then you are safe from the hacker but if you show your private keys to other people then the chance from being hacked is wide open. just save your private keys in the safe place and never tells to other people and its better that you have many of bitcoin wallet and you spreads your balance into other wallet. you have your own bitcoin and only you that have the access of your bitcoin wallet so be careful.
Yes, bitcoin is safe and secured no one will access it as long you have your own private keys. It will hackes by someone once you lost your private keys and you dont have access on it. Bitcoin is our property and we should take care of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:34:08 AM

There's been news going around saying that you need to put in a certain address to able to steal that account. I was wondering if that's fake and bitcoin is a secured way of handling cash.

bitcoin has been created with a layered security system so it's very difficult if someone tries to steal your account
magnum357

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:35:15 AM

I have no idea about putting address to steal an account,i think  bitcoin is the strongest secured than the bank you cant steal an account by putting address you can buy  secured private and have a password  so that you account will more have strong protection.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:25:14 AM

There's been news going around saying that you need to put in a certain address to able to steal that account. I was wondering if that's fake and bitcoin is a secured way of handling cash.

Probably the most fake news I have heard up until now and that is too from you here in this thread. I don't think that anything can be done like that. Our wallets are secured with so many security measures such 2FA authentication, combination password and much more if you keep adding. Few ERC20 standard wallets are secured with the keystone file, passphrase and private keys. The combination is most hard thing we may be able to break. So no, I don't think that by just putting some address you will be able to hack it. It will just give you error that its wrong key. :-)

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:48:43 AM

For me holding bitcoin is much safer compare to holding cash, because holding bitcoin in the wallet is like investment that increase everyday depends on the fluctuation of bitcoin in the market. The only risk of bitcoin is when you discuss you password to other people.

While holding cash was not fluctuate their price if you can't keeps it in the bank. Moreover the threat in the cash is only intruders that want to stole your money hold.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:56:04 AM

From what i see, bitcoin is much safer than banks, since we are the ones that is responsible for making our wallets safer, we also have 2FA and our identity will remain anonymous as long as we do not give out our identity,  however for banks, there are no security passwords, but our signature, which can be forged by an expert, and that is a threat also banks are receiving cyber threats that can lead into hacking, thus putting our money at risk.
elash

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:57:29 AM

For me is yes, why? Because in bitcoin you can withdraw it in time it's needed unlike in saving there is a possibilities that you can spend the money in thing that are not needed though in bitcoin is very helpful because we can learn how to budget the the enough money and of course a lot of people in today's is thief they will stole your  money even it is deposited in bank or not. In that way in bitcoin we can learn to implement the secured way in cash handling.

Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:12:58 AM

Actually i can not really understand what you will try to say.
Cash and bitcoin as virtual is different thing.
But if you concern about steal, i think you wanna say keep cash by buying is secure or not.
I think its secure if you can store your password and key in safe place.
charmaine08

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:06:49 AM

Yes for me it is better to hold a bitcoin than a cash.  , Just secure your password so no one can steal your bitcoin .
Coral27

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

Do you mean BTC address? If that's what you mean then no. Those addresses are used so you can make transactions. They are meant to be given publicly (or to your sender) without the fear of being hacked. Just make sure that you won't give your address together with your private keys because that would be very foolish  Huh. Keep your private keys. Don't let anyone have access to your personal phone or pc as much as possibble and your safe from being hacked.
bitcoin is much more secure then cash you can carry bitcoin with yourself any time any place so I think bitcoin we need to move toward bitcoin because you can buy things and you can also pay your all bills even you can invest and also you can do your daily trade here so bitcoin have a lot of good opportunity which I think it’s not available in any other currency so I prefer bitcoin instead of cash because it help me a lot.
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:03:12 PM

Yes i agree that Bitcoin is more secured way of handling cash rather paper money just because you can avoid snatchers you can do your transactions in paying bills and do online shopping with Bitcoin
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:13:11 PM

there is no system that is proff from evil and any financial system can be hack. I have also come across such thread  online  and I think there are fake. To be able to steal money or coins from any wallet you must have a passkey or secret code of that wallet and if you expose your passkey? any hacker can steal your coins but if you did not expose your passkey no one can steals your coin by just submitting it on they sites.
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:56:12 PM

In my opinion. Bitcoin is not safe at all same as handling cash but handling bitcoin is much more profitable than handling cash. both offers security but both same experience problem such as attempting to destroy their security since it is money, it is what people need to survive. Keeping it safe would be a problem that is why some suggest to dissipate or distribute their savings so that it is unlikely to happen for your money to vanish and experience bankruptcy.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:02:36 AM

of course bitcoin is more secure to handle cash because you can lost your cash in many cases while if you convert your cash in bitcoin then nobody can steal your bitcoin from you wallet. it is the best way to convert all the cash to bitcoin and use them when you need and use only that amount that you need really.
horsedack

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:03:49 AM

Thinking Bitcoin is a secured way for your capital isn't right. High risk equal with high profits and Bitcoin is high risk.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:23:29 AM

Yes I think bitcoin is one of the best way to handle cash it is secured that even your personal information are hidden whenever you make transactions, also so far I haven't heard someone complaining their account was hacked and steal all their bitcoin unless they carelessly missed their pass key because the encryptions used by bitcoin wallet are really tough and secured.
racham02

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

Bitcoin is safe and more secure way of handling cash because there are no issue about hacking, its is imposible to hack your money because he has a password that he can not hack. bitcoin is safe when it comes to money

sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:08:11 AM

If you think that your bitcoin wallet is tightly secured then it is more secured way to handle cash. Plus you lose nothing when you are caught by thieves since your money is secured online.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM

Probably the most fake news I have heard up until now and that is too from you here in this thread. I don't think that anything can be done like that. Our wallets are secured with so many security measures such 2FA authentication, combination password and much more if you keep adding. Few ERC20 standard wallets are secured with the keystone file, passphrase and private keys. The combination is most hard thing we may be able to break. So no, I don't think that by just putting some address you will be able to hack it. It will just give you error that its wrong key. :-)

i think they are reffering to private keys and not an actual public address because it is really possible too be hacked and emptied your balance if you carelessly input your private keys on some unkown websites or phising sites that is build to potentially scam users and steal their available balance but public addreses cant be hack because it is meant for public to be able to recieve coins from another users. also there were other cases like viruses, trojans and malwares that can also hack and steal you accounts personal info's therfor you must be extra cautious when dealling business online and much better if you can avoid those shaddy and unkown sites or files that are not trusted or officially verrified.
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:30:19 AM

Bitcoin is defently a safer way of payment than handling cash. Having a big amount amount of cash on you attracts eyes to eyes towards you and put you in danger, while paying in bitcoin is safe and nobody can see how much money you got no matter how big the amount was.
For big payments, handing cash is better than paying with bitcoin because the taxes are a bit high, but, i rather pay the high transfer fees and be in total security, than paying cash and be in danger.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: