Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets  (Read 1111 times)
dpe88 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:24:58 AM

Some help. So just using a smartphone what are the best apps to store bitcoins in taking I to consideration transfer fees and ease of transfer. Right now I use coinbase as a buying platform and Bitcoin wallet as my wallet but it's a pain to transfer and not sure about the safety of the Bitcoin wallet.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:28:15 AM

I use Coinomi, and I've found it to be fantastic.   I have an Android.   The cool thing is that you can store multiple coins on it AND adjust the fees.  I've used others, but that's the one I've stuck with.  You could also search this forum because this topic has come up a number of times.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:41:11 AM

Some help. So just using a smartphone what are the best apps to store bitcoins in taking I to consideration transfer fees and ease of transfer. Right now I use coinbase as a buying platform and Bitcoin wallet as my wallet but it's a pain to transfer and not sure about the safety of the Bitcoin wallet.

What do you mean by fees though? Miner's fee are not controlled by the wallets, they can only recommend the correct fees that will be used so that your transaction can be included in the next few blocks.

If you are using coinbase, then that is just an online wallet. It is practically unsafe to use and not recommended by expert users. Since you do not control the private keys there. I would say that the best that I've use on my iOS device is bitwallet. It's easy to use, though I would advice to just use wallets on your PC like electrum.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:49:21 AM

Well, it really depends what you want more of, convenience or safety, since your using a mobile, I would think that you value convenience over safety. I would recommend using mobile wallets such as coinjar touch, electrum wallet or green address. I am currently using electrum wallet for desktop and would totally recommend using it for mobile and desktop, everything is in a very simple fashion, and I have checked out the mobile app and it is also very well made, would totally use it, except for the fact I do all my bitcoin transactions on my computer and never use bitcoin in the real world. Enjoy!

PS: I would also recommend getting a trezor or ledgerwallet or any other hardware wallet to store the bulk of your bitcoin.  

cwobrandal

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:32:37 AM

try bitcoin wallet XAPO i think XAPO low fee an you can buy some bitcoin
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 11:48:01 AM

If you have frequent transactions then you can go with blockchain.info web wallet and they have three-factor authentication (you can choose your security level) for logging in your account. I am using their service since 2014 and they never disappointed me in terms of user friendliness, transfer fees and overall user experience. However, if you have plenty of bitcoins then maintain a cold storage and hold bitcoins in web wallet only as much your requirements.
colossus

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Obey me and live or disobey and die.

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:37:25 AM

XAPO wallet is just great! I use it for this purpose
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:21:14 AM

I use coin.ph , its more efficient for me. It's very useful , I can cashout wherever I am, anytime I want . I can also pay bills using my wallet coin.ph .

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:15:45 AM

I used electrum desktop wallet and have no problem so far. It doesn't take a lot of space and computation power to run. User have control over the private key and can do a lot of things in the wallet itself.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ACCadcoin

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 12:18:20 PM

Personally I use the Digital Bitbox. One of the most securest Bitcoin wallet.
ACCadcoin

Activity: 161

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 12:29:00 PM

I just see digital bitbox is only available for iOs. What OS do you use?
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:28:43 PM

I prefer coinomi (for android). You can choose yourself the transfer fees, have a cold wallet and also server based backup. Coinomi supports several coins and runs smooth, even with slow connection and on my old device Smiley.
YS84

Activity: 159

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:58:21 PM

I mostly prefer Digital Bitbox which is packed with highest security and privacy. It combines the highest security of cold storage with the convenience of software wallets.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:23:50 PM

try bitcoin wallet XAPO i think XAPO low fee an you can buy some bitcoin
Agree but also from experience i can advice you to try almost all wallets out there.
Graphic design should suit you, ease of use for YOU and good fee setting options.

Have fun!
aBitcoiner

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:45:37 PM

Try to look at Coinomi, I have been using it for three months and get the idea that it is a perfect mobile wallet

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October [JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fluturash

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:37:24 PM

XAPO wallet is just great! I use it for this purpose

XAPO was good but since they put this crazy fees for sending btcoins I moved to another wallet . XAPO charges like 0.0016 to send any amount of btc.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:04:58 PM

I'd suggest you the one I'm using since I've started and that's blockchain.info wallet. I don't know why people dis it, I've never had any problem whatsoever, and also using their wallet on my android aswell.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
stx2k

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:11:06 PM

Actually i use blockchain.info, never get any problems. But you can test a load of other Chains.
Mink1993

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:51:27 PM

My personal suggestion is possibly to use Greenbits or Mycelium. Both are excellent Bitcoin purses or wallet.  By the way i am sorry if my suggestion is wrong, i am newbie here. Just read random stuff on the net.
blytheperez

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:30:56 PM

Blockchain dot info comes with an android wallet and could be acceptable for doing business in little amounts. You'd probably most likely need a more reassured desktop choice for bigger amounts or even cold storage beyond that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: