Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't tracking my withdraw from weexchange on BLOCKCHAIN. It is normal?  (Read 4980 times)
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:36:53 PM

mine are now in the blockchain

I expect they'll let us know what happened once all the transactions are clear

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:39:00 PM

mine are now in the blockchain

I expect they'll let us know what happened once all the transactions are clear
I just check with blockchain ,my transaction is there now. I think they need improve their system ,a 24hours withdraw is not acceptable anyway!
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:44:35 PM

That's good news. However, my Coins sent 15h ago are still not in the Blockchain.

I would not mind a one-time 24h withdrawal bug, if they would communicate problems to their customers. This is absolutely 100% unacceptable and I will move all my funds out of there and delete my accounts immediately.

Companies that do not reply to service requests, but state that they have a 24/7 service agreement in their TOCs, deserve to be left alone.
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:47:13 PM

Agree. As I said before, very sad. Look what Avalon and BFL do. Crazy.
supermine

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:03:53 PM

My coins are now out as well.
velacreations

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:01:58 PM

I just check with blockchain ,my transaction is there now. I think they need improve their system ,a 24hours withdraw is not acceptable anyway!

well, it is not typically 24 hours.  I have been using them for quite a while, and I have never had a delay.  I think what happened is their bitcoin node crashed, and the tech person was not around to restart.  That's just my speculation.

velacreations

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:03:59 PM

That's good news. However, my Coins sent 15h ago are still not in the Blockchain.

I would not mind a one-time 24h withdrawal bug, if they would communicate problems to their customers. This is absolutely 100% unacceptable and I will move all my funds out of there and delete my accounts immediately.

Companies that do not reply to service requests, but state that they have a 24/7 service agreement in their TOCs, deserve to be left alone.

well, maybe they are spending their time fixing the issue, rather than replying to emails.  I know for a fact that they received a LOT of emails during this time, and as a customer, I want the problem fixed first, explanation second.

I'm sure you will get your coins.

supermine

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:04:53 PM

Agree. As I said before, very sad. Look what Avalon and BFL do. Crazy.

It's not crazy. It's a receipt for going bancrupt. Failure to communicate that is. Like I said, I want communication first, then a fix. Every businessman in the world will agree. So far, BitCoin Economy equals Kindergarten Business != Real Business. Sorry for being this polemic, but it's the truth.
velacreations

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:30:46 PM

It's not crazy. It's a receipt for going bancrupt. Failure to communicate that is. Like I said, I want communication first, then a fix. Every businessman in the world will agree. So far, BitCoin Economy equals Kindergarten Business != Real Business. Sorry for being this polemic, but it's the truth.

I don't agree, and I've been in online business for 16+years. 

I waited for my coins long enough.  Communicating eats more time that could be spent getting me my coins.  Get the coins liquid, then tell us what happened. 

Stuff is still in Beta.  There are growing pains, and if you can't accept that, build a better service.

supermine

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:40:00 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 04:00:28 PM by supermine

Then obviously you have some misconceptions about how business works, be it on a entrepreneur- or enterprise-level. I am a manager at a NASDAQ listed 50 bln Dollar Company and if we would do business without communicating or being visibly internally and externally we would long have gone bancrupt.

When I give a company like WeExchange Tens of Thousands of hard-earned dollars and they don't communicate a serious problem with wiring funds - which is their main business model - they make it very clear that their customers are not important to them. Someone who has hundreds of thousand of our money, can simply not act like some BOFH nor hide behind any beta excuses.

A simple note on their frontpage, "We are currently experiencing problems with wire transfers and are working on a fix", really takes only 3.1415 seconds of anyone's time with a Qwerty-Keyboard enabled smartphone. BTC Guild does instant updates on their news section and site-wide if necessary. That is exactly the reason why they are No. 1 - they put their customers and community first.
velacreations

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:34:32 PM

BTC Guild does instant updates on their news section and site-wide if necessary. That is exactly the reason why they are No. 1 - they put their customers and community first.
well, technically, they are number 1 because ASICMiner currently mines there, but that will be changing, soon.  For company that isn't even in the industry we are talking about, it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

I applaud WeEx for focusing on the issue first.  Support emails can wait, I want my coins.

velacreations

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:19:30 PM

here's a reply, guys:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130117.msg2111032#msg2111032

Hello,

WeExchange had an unusual issue with Bitcoind being connected to peers and not accepting updates.
This basically left it isolated and was not getting new block data or passing withdraws into the network.

Was this an attack? No. It only connects to a set of peers that we specify. The peers were not at fault.
A system was setup to monitor for block desync and correct for it and notify someone.

Has WeExchange been hacked? No
Are all the funds in the hot/cold wallet safe? Yes

The same Bitcoin TXN id's that were given to users at time of withdraw (And is available by clicking the withdraw details button),
which never appeared in the network have now appeared.

I apologize for this interruption, and it will be monitored.

supermine

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:35:31 PM

BTC Guild does instant updates on their news section and site-wide if necessary. That is exactly the reason why they are No. 1 - they put their customers and community first.
well, technically, they are number 1 because ASICMiner currently mines there, but that will be changing, soon.  For company that isn't even in the industry we are talking about, it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

I applaud WeEx for focusing on the issue first.  Support emails can wait, I want my coins.

ASICMiner mines at BitMinter as well and furthermore BTC Guild has been No.1 for years now, before we even heard of FPGAs, let alone ASIC. 45% of the community mines at the Guild because they are trustworthy, because they speak business, which means communications. I never said anything of emails, I specifically brought up the example of the erffortlessness of a quick news update on WeExchange's front page. WX failed to do so, you are protecting them of reasons unknown and your ASIC argument is flawed at best.

If you want a Apple-to-Apple comparison, take bitcoin.de, the biggest German Exchange, their support answers in a highly professional tonality after 1-2 hours to each request I opened with them. So, guess why everyone is quick blaming Mt. Gox, it is not because of their incompentence to join a CDN that can handle DDoS in an appropiate manner, it is because they fail to communicate properly. You have to undertake extreme measures to get hold of their support by joining certain IRC rooms and you would have to know whom to talk to, who will then forward your request to their support. I call that a joke at best rather than customer support.

As another example of communications failure, take BFL. Josh their front PR man, who is known to have a PHD in insulting customers - that is in my opinion mainly the reason why 98% of the community disapproves BFL and not BFLs obvious lack of knowledge how to manage a project. I rest my case.
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:10:03 PM

well, technically, they are number 1 because ASICMiner currently mines there, but that will be changing, soon.  For company that isn't even in the industry we are talking about, it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

I applaud WeEx for focusing on the issue first.  Support emails can wait, I want my coins.

ASICMiner mines at BitMinter as well and furthermore BTC Guild has been No.1 for years now, before we even heard of FPGAs, let alone ASIC. 45% of the community mines at the Guild because they are trustworthy, because they speak business, which means communications. I never said anything of emails, I specifically brought up the example of the erffortlessness of a quick news update on WeExchange's front page. WX failed to do so, you are protecting them of reasons unknown and your ASIC argument is flawed at best.

If you want a Apple-to-Apple comparison, take bitcoin.de, the biggest German Exchange, their support answers in a highly professional tonality after 1-2 hours to each request I opened with them. So, guess why everyone is quick blaming Mt. Gox, it is not because of their incompentence to join a CDN that can handle DDoS in an appropiate manner, it is because they fail to communicate properly. You have to undertake extreme measures to get hold of their support by joining certain IRC rooms and you would have to know whom to talk to, who will then forward your request to their support. I call that a joke at best rather than customer support.

As another example of communications failure, take BFL. Josh their front PR man, who is known to have a PHD in insulting customers - that is in my opinion mainly the reason why 98% of the community disapproves BFL and not BFLs obvious lack of knowledge how to manage a project. I rest my case.

I am agree with you, nothing else ,lack of communication could destroy customer's confidence ...especially these big amount transaction ... people do not know whether is a technical problem or man-made....
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:00:35 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry, I just became aware of this thread.

Everything should be good now.

And you guys are 100% right on lack of communications causing trust problems.

Over the next few weeks we will be hiring a full dedicated support staff to be able to help react to things and general inquires.
Also, we do have a new website getting ready to launch that is much easier to use and easier on the eyes along with a big feature that will add a lot of value to the site and any users who have an account.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Jon Montroll / Ukyo
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:14:43 AM

My account transactions are all cleared/completed now.  Many thanks, Ukyo.
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:48:50 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry, I just became aware of this thread.

Everything should be good now.

And you guys are 100% right on lack of communications causing trust problems.

Over the next few weeks we will be hiring a full dedicated support staff to be able to help react to things and general inquires.
Also, we do have a new website getting ready to launch that is much easier to use and easier on the eyes along with a big feature that will add a lot of value to the site and any users who have an account.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Jon Montroll / Ukyo
My account is all cleared...many thanks to you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: