Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:02:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripples XRP Shenanigans observation  (Read 2421 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:22:47 AM

Some great points brought up here.
Ripple is crap for soooo many reasons.

FUD first & ask questions later™
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:28:22 AM

Some great points brought up here.
Ripple is crap for soooo many reasons.

Uhh expert alert. Expertalert.  Im feeling honored that people with "legendary" in internet threads are trying to convince people of their 'expertise'
Man its like prestige in call of duty, its nice to look at, but that doesnt mean people will take you seriously. You could easily glitch your way to prestige, so you dont have more credibility than an account that was made a day ago.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:37:35 AM

First up we discuss facts here, XRP is not decentralized revolutionary new blockchain technology, it is just a ordinary database with signatures.

Almost 80% of all Bitcoins have been mined and available to trade freely. Anyone can mine this revolutionary blockchain tech and get his coins.
Ripple's Database with signatures XRP token is solely released by a centralized company.
Less than 10% is freely available to trade to date. Of the ~38% circulating supply, most of the free gifted tokens to banks and partners are locked.
Or bluntly, the bribery money can't be cashed in for some time.
No Bank will ever touch or buy XRP's, only sell the free gifted once.
The only purpose of XRP is to transfer money out of XRP 'investors' pocked and into Ripple investors pocked.

On a technical side, XRP is presumably the only Token with the genesis block not being 0, genesis ledger is Number 32570. It alone proves it is not decentralized blockchain, instead it is a central database where they stuffed up and lost the beginning.
You can not 'loose' part of a decentralized blockchain.

This is what happens when central database servers running out of disk space
Ledger 0 to 32569 and Genesis at 32570

by contrast proper revolutionary new world changing blockchain technology
Genesis  at 0

Only with a central database can the circulating supply become less, on revolutionary blockchain tech this is not possible (unless you publicly 'burn' a few million token)

What will happen when the other 90% become freely available?

Thanks for the information now it made me to rethink about ripple even i dint know that "Less than 10% is freely available to trade to date" and its owned with centralised database . Even 38%gifted for bank . Good information got bit more insight on cryptocurrency.
namini

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:03:51 AM

Less than 10% is freely available to trade to date

Even back in 2014 more than 10% were available to trade, and I'm not talking about lockup agreements (but we can talk about that too).

Banks won't touch XRP

Looks like they already did
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-r3-team-up-with-12-banks-to-trial-xrp-for-cross-border-payments/

Also:

61,71% still held by Ripple Inc. + the looked free give aways

The what?

First up we discuss facts here, XRP is not decentralized revolutionary new blockchain technology, it is just a ordinary database with signatures.

https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ripple-unveils-strategy-become-decentralized-bitcoin/
namini

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:20:07 AM

Meanwhile:

https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/70000/ripple-expands-japan-bank-consortium-to-61-members
ðºÞæ (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:43:57 AM

@MemberBerries
Do not worry about doggy accounts here (there is enough of them around), no-one can invest in them.

Do worry about doggy companys operating a database and claiming blockchain technology which clearly it is not.

@namini
Do stay on topic otherwise I will be forced to restart a self-moderating thread. A friendly reminder this is the "Ripples XRP Shenanigans discussion" thread.

Always check op

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:21:44 PM

Its really good information i dint know about that XRP is not decentralized revolutionary new blockchain technology . And also you explained well whne databas goes out of disk space . This post change the way of looking ripple.
Lakeluke_again

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

Ripple can't be that bad if the Bank of England is running a POC with their technology.  Wink

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/Documents/fintech/ripplepoc.pdf

In today's world, do you really think an "independent" idea of any sort is allowed to capture such an important social sphere, as currency or monetary utility? Of course one of the main solutions has to be ordained from the "in" crowd. Any other solution will be killed off or tainted.

Best to be aware and profit intelligently where possible.
ðºÞæ (OP)

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:07:46 PM

Ripple can't be that bad if the Bank of England is running a POC with their technology.  Wink

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/Documents/fintech/ripplepoc.pdf

In today's world, do you really think an "independent" idea of any sort is allowed to capture such an important social sphere, as currency or monetary utility? Of course one of the main solutions has to be ordained from the "in" crowd. Any other solution will be killed off or tainted.

Best to be aware and profit intelligently where possible.

TL;DR
If it is so good why does the Bank not buy a few billion XRP's and instead make you rich. Since when banks shy away from massive profits?

Anyway i can see your a clueless newbie but you are off topic here, this is the "Ripples XRP Shenanigans discussion" thread

Always start at the beginning

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
muntdrop

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:13:17 PM

[/quote]

TL;DR
If it is so good why does the Bank not buy a few billion XRP's and instead make you rich. Since when banks shy away from massive profits?

Anyway i can see your a clueless newbie but you are off topic here, this is the "Ripples XRP Shenanigans discussion" thread

[/quote]

Why call it a 'discussion' thread if you dont want anybody to dissagree with you (with some very valid arguments by the way) ? You only want people here agreeing with you ? Thats not a discussion my friend  Wink
MemberBerries

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:37:33 PM

TL;DR

[/quote]

Why call it a 'discussion' thread if you dont want anybody to dissagree with you (with some very valid arguments by the way) ? You only want people here agreeing with you ? Thats not a discussion my friend  Wink
[/quote]

^this

Censorship
ðºÞæ (OP)

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:15:57 AM

TL;DR

Why call it a 'discussion' thread if you dont want anybody to dissagree with you (with some very valid arguments by the way) ? You only want people here agreeing with you ? Thats not a discussion my friend  Wink

^this

Censorship

Ah Censorship, something the Crooks at Ripple Inc are well familiar with. Come on tell me how many free gifted coins xyz bank received, how many where give to miri, come on, how many billions where given to friends and strategic partners. Why the censorship, does it show the Shenanigans and bribers?

Guess what I have news for you anyone can see what miners found what block at what time at Bitcoin, open and transparent as it should be.

Meanwhile if you have a valuable contribution regarding Ripple Incs 1960 originating database technology or anything on topic feel free to drop by.

On the impending disaster front things don't look better once the massive number of outstanding coins hit the market.
Which xrp investor will be willing to pay Ripple investors paycheck when in turn they can just lock an account (as it has been done previously, jeb)
Oh sorry hard drive full, we lost all your mooneys

For more detail check op

MemberBerries

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:46:10 AM

Can you show the "free giveaway coins" ? Stop posting FAKENEWS. You are worse than CNN.
Worst information thread ever.
namini

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:59:10 AM

how many where give to miri

Dude Miri is charity, but if you're interested there is a 2014 Coindesk article about this.
MemberBerries

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:10:26 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 02:19:16 PM by MemberBerries

I found this

There are 100B XRP because Ripple determined that if they were successful on a global scale, the supply should be large enough to fill demand and maintain a reasonable price. The 100B were created in the first ledger and belonged wholly to Ripple. They have since been distributing them with the goal of increasing adoption. Since the XRP Ledger is a public ledger and some of Ripple's addresses are known, you can actually track distributions [here] (https://bithomp.com/explorer/r9B3osCvQ28Chgv1qKDqwcGkQaDZJf4iqB.). We also know thanks to the Q1 '17 markets report and other sources that >These buyers tend to be institutional in nature and their purchases include restrictions that help mitigate the risk of market instability due to large subsequent sales

Source: https://ripple.com/insights/q1-2017-xrp-markets-report/

This means that the institutions buying XRP are restricted in their ability to limit the ability of these institutions to effect the price.

In general, I maintain the opposite view of Ripple's XRP distribution. When I see that they are distributing, therefore an institution is buying, it gives me confidence that institutional demand for XRP is growing and therefore it's future looks brighter.
ðºÞæ (OP)

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:02:17 AM

The blockchain imposers working had to replace missing parts of there database.
Gee, entering fake data into a database is truly super advanced tech.  Shocked

Pick any blockchain coin, go the the explorer and search for "1", now go to the Ripple database and do the same and anyone can see the difference and proves with 100% the database operation.

For more detail check op

namini

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:24:14 AM

Dude, it's turning into an obsession.
Again, I'll prove you wrong. If you don't like the tools by Ripple or if it's not working you can always use tools by the community.

https://bithomp.com/explorer/
favila

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:30:49 AM

I see the people supporting ripple still don't understand that the banks are not buying ripple and using the currency they are only using their blockchain technology. They were gifted some XRP to use for the tiny burn required on each transaction, other than that banks are completely separated from the "coin".

ðºÞæ (OP)

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:33:46 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 10:44:09 AM by ðºÞæ

Dude, it's turning into an obsession.
Again, I'll prove you wrong. If you don't like the tools by Ripple or if it's not working you can always use tools by the community.

Dude go to block 1 on proper blockchain tech (pick any coin or block explorer of your choice)
https://blockchain.info/

and on a crap simple database (you do not loose part of a blockchain)

100% Ripple is not blockchain tech, just a ordinary database

MemberBerries

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:36:11 AM

I see the people supporting ripple still don't understand that the banks are not buying ripple and using the currency they are only using their blockchain technology. They were gifted some XRP to use for the tiny burn required on each transaction, other than that banks are completely separated from the "coin".

Show me and others WHERE IT WAS GIFTED?!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: