Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:04:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet comapnies and clones that fell to the wayside  (Read 636 times)
bitcoin_bob (OP)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:17:15 PM

Ah....the internet.

Who remembers goodies such as the QXL auction site? I remember back when internet meant 'no phone calls tonight please' that listing on QXL in the UK was the only way to actually get any bids. Then ebay came, but in the begining was pointless. No one used it.

Oh then Paypal VS Nochex and other Paypal clone offerings.

How about when Netscape was the only alternative to IE. Or even better, when IE was the only alternative to IE......

then of course, everyone used to Yahoo! search until this mysterious Google monster appeared on the scene.

I wonder if we will all look back on these days and see bit-coin become a monster currency and watch all those imitators go the way of QXL/Nochex/Netcape et al?

Oh and Jungle.com VS Amazon.com

Anyone else have any memories of other epic internet company battles of history?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

I have always hated yahoo.  Always too cluttered.  Before google, I used altavista.
bitcoin_bob (OP)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:31:21 PM

I have always hated yahoo.  Always too cluttered.  Before google, I used altavista.

My first entry into search engines were at college, and all the college PCs start page was yahopo, so I am probably biased.

I tried 'ask geeves' for a while but somehow found myself at google.

How did we all simply 'find' our way to google......Brain control methinks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: