Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: authentication  (Read 180 times)
mclairmont (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:45:08 AM

I have an idea for authentication of users that needs some discussion. Tell me what you think and feel about this proposal.

Regardless of how secure programs are written , the verification process is the same. It’s an application form! At its most primordial root concept, it’s no different than a piece of paper with written words on it granting permission to use certain features or offers particular goods. It’s like  we gave this piece of paper wings and said “fly, fly, up in the sky and go and get me the things I filled you out for”.  You see it’s no different than making a piece of paper grow legs and arms and giving it a plane ticket and expecting it to just perform the duties we assign to it. Sounds ridiculous huh? Ya sounds stupid to me too, but that’s exactly what we do when we send it out it to the internet. We grant this piece of paper trust and expect that it will just do the job we intended it to do. It’s like we expect this paper when it walks into our businesses to be from where it says it came from but paper doesn’t lie right? And so you let him sit down and talk for your prospective client. And the stupid businessman grants this piece of paper whatever he is asking for as long as everything checks out on his paperwork.

Now during the flight while the paper was taking a nap a cunning pig decided to take nudes of this paperwork to copy the details for his own personal amusement. Then later down the road the he uses the nudes to make his own paperwork playthings for which he dresses up and sends out everywhere like a bunch of working girls to seduce businessmen out of their hard earned money. Meanwhile, the original applicant is now looking at his bank account wondering about a donkey he rented in Arizona, but he’s from Delaware. So anyway, I’m sure you can read between the lines here.

You can dress up an application up anyway that rocks your boat but you cannot deny that it’s just a form! And forms walking around at night during a full moon are at risk of being picked up by perverts.

So, in all seriousness here, this is my proposal. Why can’t we  create a service of drivers like uber but they don't pick people up, they just authenticate ID and addresses for a fee. They physically drive to a home and knock on the door and ask for the person they are trying to authenticate and register the person for financial and business purposes. This is basically a whole new business idea that is not exclusive for cryptocurrency but is useful for servicing all kinds of businesses that require agents to authenticate users for their purposes. And that’s it in a nutshell.

I would love to hear what you have to say about this!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: