Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Spend Spend  (Read 435 times)
pac1 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:23:10 PM

Hello all, i am new here and indeed to bitcoin having only heard the word 10 weeks ago, but i have to say i am very excited for the future,
The only hickup so far is spending it, i keep mentioning it to everyone and get the standard "what" even charities i have contacts with are scratching thier heads.
I think its being looked at all wrong, its not about collecting, trading and earning millions its about spending and getting the btc economy on the move, a cup of coffe, loaf of bread, fill my car up etc, this needs to be useable to succeed or surely we all end up with a load of useless digicash.
A very good friend of mine is raising money for an african charity and i tried to sponsor with btc outcome they all think im mad, surely thats the point p2p ne fee, no banks, no messing, from you to the man in the field to buy some rice.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Surprise

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 06:39:24 PM

Bitspend.net probably one of the best places to spend your coins, can buy just about anything legal on the internet with BTC through them. And for the illegal things, there is always silkroad  Cheesy

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:43:16 PM

I think its being looked at all wrong, its not about collecting, trading and earning millions its about spending and getting the btc economy on the move, a cup of coffe, loaf of bread, fill my car up etc, this needs to be useable to succeed or surely we all end up with a load of useless digicash.

Excellent post.

It is an effect of Gresham's Law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham's_law

For those who don't remember DigiCash
http://waste.informatik.hu-berlin.de/grassmuck/Texts/ecash.e.html

Yes, we do need to spend, and to spend especially with those we value as contributing to the society we are building.  Spending deserves thanks and some honor.  When I receive bitcoin, it lets me value that customer more.
I feel motivated to do more for the bitcoin community.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: