Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 09:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It seems people are mining liquidcoin again could this be comeback like bbq?  (Read 891 times)
mill0601 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:25:17 PM

It seems people are mining liquidcoin again could this be comeback like bbq?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 05:29:18 PM

It will need a fix, unless people are happy with using mass production of orphans to limit production.

Basically it will get faster and faster as more hashing is applied, until it gets so fast that the orphan rate is insane like with recent launches, then keep getting worse and worse and worse orphan rates the more hashing people throw at it, because its difficulty never changes.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mill0601 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:36:02 PM

what do you mean mass production of orphans? My understanding is that it is a fixed difficulty of .05 and the value of a block goes down at a fixed rate. It's at the very least fun to mine something and see blocks come in every minute.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:38:07 AM

What was the reason this coin was taken off of the exchanges?  Other than the difficulty being permanently fixed, is there any other flaw in the coin that caused problems for the exchanges?

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 06:17:29 AM

It will need a fix, unless people are happy with using mass production of orphans to limit production.

Basically it will get faster and faster as more hashing is applied, until it gets so fast that the orphan rate is insane like with recent launches, then keep getting worse and worse and worse orphan rates the more hashing people throw at it, because its difficulty never changes.

-MarkM-

Didn't you say in a random post you were resurrecting a coin?  Nevertheless, I think Ripple and the quick confirmation times of these new alt coins has raised awareness of the importance of quick confirmations and crypto coins being truly viable for usage as currency.  It's the incessant debate.  And the fact my BTC took 6 hours to get to 3 confirms last week is a bad omen.  I'm hoping my transaction was a random event.

As for these new altcoins getting on exchanges, bring them on.  The more the merrier...more exchanges and more coins...let the market decide the hierarchy.
caish5

Activity: 324

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 07:08:15 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 07:20:21 AM by caish5

It can't possibly compete with the awesome sauce that is BBQCoin.

And as markm says the fixed difficulty at 0.05 is ridiculous.
It was ridiculous when we were CPU mining them at launch, i shudder to think of the block speed today if it took off!

Bitvolcano YAC, BBQ and WDC P2Pools at http://bitvolcano.com
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 07:18:47 AM

For fast block speed there is GeistGeld (XGG), merged mined with Bitcoin it is the fast small-change transactions chain of the merged mined family.

It likes to use 4 or even 5 or more gigs of RAM though, do all the very fast block chains do that, at least once they have been running for a year or two? Still RAM is getting cheaper all the time as as you said speed is a pretty nice feature.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
caish5

Activity: 324

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 07:22:53 AM

For fast block speed there is GeistGeld (XGG), merged mined with Bitcoin it is the fast small-change transactions chain of the merged mined family.

It likes to use 4 or even 5 or more gigs of RAM though, do all the very fast block chains do that, at least once they have been running for a year or two? Still RAM is getting cheaper all the time as as you said speed is a pretty nice feature.

-MarkM-

I'm not really sure, Liquidcoin doesn't really have a block speed. Just as fast as people can mine 0.05 diff blocks.
It's pretty much permanently stuck in early adopter mode.
And the rate of reward decay was very quick.
Excellent premining opportunity.
I think I got 50 bucks out of it with a core2quad.

Bitvolcano YAC, BBQ and WDC P2Pools at http://bitvolcano.com
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:14:31 PM

I would imagine most people now into cryptocurrencies have never even heard of liquidcoin.  I wonder what would happen if we started an [ANN] Liquidcoin thread.  I bet this thing would take off again, since people really seem to like the low difficulty coins. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:34:07 PM

Looking at the hash rate etc. I think the 'revival' is going well. People are sick of brand new blockchains with 0 diff and instamining. Liquidcoin seems like as a good alternative as any to pick back up and replace a lot of the new alts with. Stable 2+ year blockchain speaks well if nothing else.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:36:41 PM

Looking at the hash rate etc. I think the 'revival' is going well. People are sick of brand new blockchains with 0 diff and instamining. Liquidcoin seems like as a good alternative as any to pick back up and replace a lot of the new alts with. Stable 2+ year blockchain speaks well if nothing else.

+1, I'm wishing I'd kept my LQC from the original launch now!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: