Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canaan AvalonMiner 741 Support/Guidance/Pointers  (Read 2262 times)
kritment (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Hey All thanks for taking the time to read this. Admin apologies in advance if in wrong area.
This is my first time with a Canaan AvalonMiner 741 so a bit stumped, everyone seems to have great things to say about them. I am hoping if someone can give me some guidance.

Issue as follows
Canaan AvalonMiner 741 Arrived today
Changed from static to DHCP
Can access over network.
I wired everything using 2 PSU, combined 1400W.
Controller up and running via 5V adapter.

Light infront of the miner is Green
Light on AU3 is Blue.

The main the issue is its not hashing or showing any alive boards.
I have attached some configuration screens, would appreciate if you can point me the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.imageno.com/hubtv3elpbw7pic.html

http://www.imageno.com/oao34xoi2z8vpic.html
http://www.imageno.com/dvf47w9783bupic.html

YabaDabaDoo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:33:37 PM

When they're working its blue light and when everything is setup correctly it starts in 1 min or so after you power on.  Try rebooting your controller see if that helps.  I am using my own controller and USB power cable that I bought as a kit has power on / off button which helps with easy reboots. Double check your cables connections, looks like your RPi controller is not even seeing the miner.  It has to be something between the miner & RPi.
kritment (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:16:06 AM

Yes you are correct it is not seeing the miner.
i have contacted support lets see what they say... I have checked all the connections and everything...
rossie

Activity: 963
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:36:15 PM

did you ever figured out what was the issue?
I've the same problem...
Zmkarakas

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:43:48 PM

I had the same problem, but then I solved it, it is usually due to the connection problem between the controller AND the pool you are hashing for. Double check if your pool stats are correct, or change your password on the worker name section. You can also try another pool, or other ports if that would help, if you have tried all these and the light is still green and the hashing has not started, you can now try thinking about internet problems to controller.
rossie

Activity: 963
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:54:51 PM

I had the same problem, but then I solved it, it is usually due to the connection problem between the controller AND the pool you are hashing for. Double check if your pool stats are correct, or change your password on the worker name section. You can also try another pool, or other ports if that would help, if you have tried all these and the light is still green and the hashing has not started, you can now try thinking about internet problems to controller.

Thanks, problem solved Wink it was a network issue...
patrolmi

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:24:57 PM

I had a case in one instance where I needed to put a password in (one time) for the controller to recognize and connect to the pool.  It never occurred again, but it should be on the list of troubleshooting -- that is, try putting a password in like 1234 or something.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:52:41 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 09:21:47 AM by Steamtyme

I had a case in one instance where I needed to put a password in (one time) for the controller to recognize and connect to the pool.  It never occurred again, but it should be on the list of troubleshooting -- that is, try putting a password in like 1234 or something.

This is usually mentioned in every pools set up steps. The miner doesn't really have anything to do with that. Best to just read and re-read all steps for anything you are setting up, or connecting to.

I think in regards to passwords they say it can be anything just not blank. This is also usually where you can put in your manual difficulty setting if you chose to; again it is usually explained by the particular pool you are using.
Good luck, Happy Hashing.

I do also have a question. I was wondering what difficulty setting, if you enter your own manually with your pool do you use? I currently have 2 741's on the same controller, and was thinking of setting my difficulty manually to see if I can't reduce my number of reject shares. I was thinking of setting it around 15500, as I have been seeing a consistent rate of 16th/s with the lowest being 15.7. Any thoughts? Is this correct as the pool sees them as 1 unit working together through the controller?

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:50:58 PM

Heres some troubleshooting tips:

Miner LED:

Blue = hashing normally
red = other fatal error
yellow/amber = idle

Also on the main page of your Avalon change the view to the advanced version. This is the view you should use, the other is useless. Once in the advanced view browse to the CGMiner Status page.
This will show you exactly what is going on. In the bottom right corner of the Device Status list is a section labeled PG. These are the error codes that will help you diagnose issues.

Plug the error code into this page to view the error readout:

https://canaan.io/downloads/query_a7_ec_status.html

Here is the complete list of error codes:

https://github.com/Canaan-Creative/avalon7-docs/wiki/AvalonMiner-error-code

Of note, these codes are additive. If you have an error code 4 + an error code 8 it will show as error code 12.

Hope this helps!

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Steamtyme
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:50:56 AM

Heres some troubleshooting tips:

Also on the main page of your Avalon change the view to the advanced version. This is the view you should use, the other is useless. Once in the advanced view browse to the CGMiner Status page.
This will show you exactly what is going on. In the bottom right corner of the Device Status list is a section labeled PG. These are the error codes that will help you diagnose issues.

I'm not near my miners at the moment but I believe my readout under PG is 15 when they are running normal, I'm guessing the code is only relevant after a failure?

This seems as good a place as any; I'm wondering if the community can fill in the blanks on some general knowledge/maintenance questions, here are mine?

What sort of cleaning schedule do you perform on these units and how?

Do the 741's have an overtemp protection/shutdown feature?

I know you have to keep the inlet Temp below 40C ( I still don't want to push that), but what is the max exhaust temp I want to see in the readout? Is there a chip temp readout?

Finally for now anyways, what does the DH value actually mean under the Avalon devices status.

Thanks for the info, and feel free to pass along anything else you feel is relevant.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Hookdisney

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:40:54 AM

How did you connect to your controller once you changed to DHCP?
When I changed to DHCP it kicked me off, and I can no longer connect via 192.168.0.100
thnx
sauce11

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:54:15 PM

I'm curious about this as well.
judypug1956

Activity: 355
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:58:57 PM

Use an ip scanner.  advanced ip scanner works for windows it is free download.

1956jUdYPFwiBSzt9AECdWj3KE4WV7taiM I can't do 1957philma.. for btc address the i are not allowed This is a secondary account for Philipma1957, don't do business with this account deal with philipma1957
sauce11

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:01:24 PM

What are the next steps if you try to connect to the new IP, and still can't access the controller? (getting a cannot connect screen in browser).
judypug1956

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:11:19 PM

What are the next steps if you try to connect to the new IP, and still can't access the controller? (getting a cannot connect screen in browser).
 download advanced ip scanner from the net.  Scan all your network with it. One of the ips  will read rasp pi. Say 192.168.0.123 or any thing with .001 to .254 for the last 3 numbers that is what you sign  onto.

1956jUdYPFwiBSzt9AECdWj3KE4WV7taiM I can't do 1957philma.. for btc address the i are not allowed This is a secondary account for Philipma1957, don't do business with this account deal with philipma1957
Steamtyme
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:12:03 PM

When I changed to DHCP it kicked me off, and I can no longer connect via 192.168.0.100
thnx

Once you changed to DCHP, your router will have assigned it a new address, you will need to look into what address it has been assigned and use that to connect from now on.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
judypug1956

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

thnx

Once you changed to DCHP, your router will have assigned it a new address, you will need to look into what address it has been assigned and use that to connect from now on.
I  am on my cell I can not screen shot a scanner page for him.  He can also use his router to find his rasp pl

sauce11

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:22:28 PM

download advanced ip scanner from the net.  Scan all your network with it. One of the ips  will read rasp pi. Say 192.168.0.123 or any thing with .001 to .254 for the last 3 numbers that is what you sign  onto.

Sorry for being so inept. I'm unfortunately basing this off the assumption that I did actually change to DCHP. Not sure if I did or not. What I can say though, is that the pi registers as "unknown" in my router list. I know that this is the pi as no other "unknown device" is active. All other devices are known devices, and "rasp pi" is not one of the active devices on the network.
Steamtyme
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:07:07 PM

So just to be sure you know have the Rasp Pi connected to your home network via an ethernet connection?

You logged into the controller once.
You changed it to DCHP, on the controller.
Now you can't log into the controller. Actually you can't even access the controller IP address.

I'm not great at networking but as long as the controller is set to DCHP, and you have an ethernet connection from the router to the controller; and are using a computer or laptop on the same network. All you should have to do is open the router and find the device with it's new IP address. Is your controller still powered on?

Did you have to change your comoputer/ laptop network settings and change the IP address when you initially logged into the controller? If you did you will need to change those settings back. Have you tried to access the Controller from a different computer/ laptop on the home network?

Other than that I'm out of ideas, sorry

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
sauce11

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:45:53 PM

So just to be sure you know have the Rasp Pi connected to your home network via an ethernet connection?

You logged into the controller once.
You changed it to DCHP, on the controller.
Now you can't log into the controller. Actually you can't even access the controller IP address.

I'm not great at networking but as long as the controller is set to DCHP, and you have an ethernet connection from the router to the controller; and are using a computer or laptop on the same network. All you should have to do is open the router and find the device with it's new IP address. Is your controller still powered on?

Did you have to change your comoputer/ laptop network settings and change the IP address when you initially logged into the controller? If you did you will need to change those settings back. Have you tried to access the Controller from a different computer/ laptop on the home network?

Other than that I'm out of ideas, sorry

1). Yes, the Pi is connected to the home network via ethernet.

2. I logged in once. I'm assuming I changed it to DCHP (I'm not sure). And I cannot log into the controller anymore after changing things around in the Pi UI (when I initially logged in). I can see its IP Address (however it's different from what it was before).

3. I've found the device, and I see the new IP address, but when I try to log in as before the browser no longer allows me into the Pi. All i get is a "connection timeout" or "connection refused". Controller is still powered on and LED switched from Blue to Green but mainly stays Blue.

4. I did change my desktop network settings initially, and when the controller was given a new IP, I rest to default, and I tried changing the settings again, though this time it did not work.  I did try to access the controller from a laptop and still ran into the same issues.

Thanks for trying to help, nonetheless. I know this is a network issue, as the hardware LEDs are normal. It's just trying to find what small step is missing. I know this issue started after flashing the SD Card with a new firmware, but I'm not getting any error messages or red LEDs.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: