Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which of these is advisable on bittrex?  (Read 557 times)
sieemma (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:11:27 PM

I just started to trade in bittrex and as I wanted to buy a coin, I saw these two terms: good 'till cancel and immediate or cancel.
Pls can any one advise me which one s good to use? I already used the default good till cancel and my stop limit isn't reached yet, will I get my cash back if it doesn't reach the limit I wanted to buy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:23:34 PM

I just started to trade in bittrex and as I wanted to buy a coin, I saw these two terms: good 'till cancel and immediate or cancel.
Pls can any one advise me which one s good to use? I already used the default good till cancel and my stop limit isn't reached yet, will I get my cash back if it doesn't reach the limit I wanted to buy?

I think you chose the right option. Good till canceled means your order will stay there until someone takes it. While that order is still pending, you can cancel it anytime. You will get your cash (not really cash by the way; it is in crypto of course  Wink ) back if in case you cancel your order. Look at the pending order and you will find all your orders that are still pending. You may tick the red x button to cancel them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
sieemma (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:35:56 PM

I think you chose the right option. Good till canceled means your order will stay there until someone takes it. While that order is still pending, you can cancel it anytime. You will get your cash (not really cash by the way; it is in crypto of course  Wink ) back if in case you cancel your order. Look at the pending order and you will find all your orders that are still pending. You may tick the red x button to cancel them.
Thanks as you knew what I was looking for. I was indirectly asking whether I can cancel a 'good till cancelled order' and you've answered that. Lemme get to the site and see what happens. I haven't seen then  cancel button before that's why, maybe it's be cause I'm on mobile version of the site.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:07:38 PM

I think you chose the right option. Good till canceled means your order will stay there until someone takes it. While that order is still pending, you can cancel it anytime. You will get your cash (not really cash by the way; it is in crypto of course  Wink ) back if in case you cancel your order. Look at the pending order and you will find all your orders that are still pending. You may tick the red x button to cancel them.
I haven't seen then  cancel button before that's why, maybe it's be cause I'm on mobile version of the site.

The mobile site is clunky and I can't scroll sideways.

On the main site, you just scroll down to "open orders", and you should see the details of your order.  On the right, there's a small X to cancel the order, but I can't see it on my phone.

"Immediate or cancel" orders are mainly for when you just want the closure of a completed trade and you're in a market with decent volume.  Personally, I use them whenever I'm happy just trading with the current bid or ask price.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:07:00 AM

Try watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzJApzUj3k
Hopefully it can help you Wink

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀