Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][$MUSIC] Musicoin Blockchain Upgrades to V3.0(“Quantitative Tightening 🎸  (Read 287532 times)
ZoranGajic

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:32:43 PM

I also think that price drop yesterday is not related to musiconomi news, as it happened to almost all cryptos. This project is very very interesting! I used to produce electronic music as a hobby. It is my passion and I am more than happy to see blockchain evolve like this into the world of art. Hence... projects like this make me highly motivated to go grab my retired old and dusty HDD with all my tracks archived on it, make some new remixes and try out their platform!

Damn... more I think about it more I want to do this :-)

Artists, specially those that are not well known and struggle with supporting themselves financially many times find themselves in a big struggle between making money to survive and finding time and motivation to create art. I am speaking from my own experience. When I was making my music internet was just a baby. There was no youtube, no myspace or later all the good social media that is available now. And even now when you can easily reach audience, sometimes others earn a lot of money on hard work from artists.

I will definitively closely watch this project from now on. I am very happy I found it :-)

I like your opinion, do you already have your tracks on Musicoin`s blockchain? Please share the link.

Sadly no! I am very busy right now with another big project not related to music. I heard about Musicoin few months ago but today I finally found enough time to read the white paper and did my research. I recognized the potential and I just had to share how I felt. I produced my tracks when I went through huge struggle in my life due to family tragedy, it was a form of therapy at that time. That's also the reason why most of my tracks are unfinished and unmastered, not yet ready for release. It was mostly done as a hobby in free time, but that also means countless sleepless nights just creating sounds and beats and enjoying the moment. I have plans to "build" a small studio this year and use my old material to make new remixed and finalized tracks. I am almost 100% sure that I will use Musicoin platform! I know there are many artists out there struggling to surface and get their work out into the world and receive enough financial feedback to fuel their creative life so that they can create even more of the good stuff!

I went through these struggles in early 2000's, in my high-school days, trying to push my hardtechno, trance and hardstyle (thunderdome) tracks to local record companies but I was rejected because my music was kinda ahead of time in my country. But I couldn't use any other channels, it was very hard to get into the scene. These styles were total boom in Scandinavian countries but I had no money, no connections there. I simply lost motivation and moved on to other things. Today everything changed. And now that I'm older also my music style changed a bit, it's not so hardcore as it used to be when I was younger. I already made a promise to myself that this year I will start releasing some of the better stuff, just to see how the audience accepts it  Grin Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
National

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:54:52 AM

I also think that price drop yesterday is not related to musiconomi news, as it happened to almost all cryptos. This project is very very interesting! I used to produce electronic music as a hobby. It is my passion and I am more than happy to see blockchain evolve like this into the world of art. Hence... projects like this make me highly motivated to go grab my retired old and dusty HDD with all my tracks archived on it, make some new remixes and try out their platform!

Damn... more I think about it more I want to do this :-)

Artists, specially those that are not well known and struggle with supporting themselves financially many times find themselves in a big struggle between making money to survive and finding time and motivation to create art. I am speaking from my own experience. When I was making my music internet was just a baby. There was no youtube, no myspace or later all the good social media that is available now. And even now when you can easily reach audience, sometimes others earn a lot of money on hard work from artists.

I will definitively closely watch this project from now on. I am very happy I found it :-)

I like your opinion, do you already have your tracks on Musicoin`s blockchain? Please share the link.

Sadly no! I am very busy right now with another big project not related to music. I heard about Musicoin few months ago but today I finally found enough time to read the white paper and did my research. I recognized the potential and I just had to share how I felt. I produced my tracks when I went through huge struggle in my life due to family tragedy, it was a form of therapy at that time. That's also the reason why most of my tracks are unfinished and unmastered, not yet ready for release. It was mostly done as a hobby in free time, but that also means countless sleepless nights just creating sounds and beats and enjoying the moment. I have plans to "build" a small studio this year and use my old material to make new remixed and finalized tracks. I am almost 100% sure that I will use Musicoin platform! I know there are many artists out there struggling to surface and get their work out into the world and receive enough financial feedback to fuel their creative life so that they can create even more of the good stuff!

I went through these struggles in early 2000's, in my high-school days, trying to push my hardtechno, trance and hardstyle (thunderdome) tracks to local record companies but I was rejected because my music was kinda ahead of time in my country. But I couldn't use any other channels, it was very hard to get into the scene. These styles were total boom in Scandinavian countries but I had no money, no connections there. I simply lost motivation and moved on to other things. Today everything changed. And now that I'm older also my music style changed a bit, it's not so hardcore as it used to be when I was younger. I already made a promise to myself that this year I will start releasing some of the better stuff, just to see how the audience accepts it  Grin Wink

What I hope to see is a boom of early Musicoin adopting artists becoming famous, like the first vine-stars or first youtubers. I want to see this be the next online social boom with a music focus.
Diggy95

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:40:27 AM

Wink my page on Music https://musicoin.org/nav/artist/0x1f5a3b5a609e576cf73bcc05bb285f905b746008
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:21:00 PM

What I hope to see is a boom of early Musicoin adopting artists becoming famous, like the first vine-stars or first youtubers. I want to see this be the next online social boom with a music focus.

That would be nice, but they've got a long way to go and the current website is not really geared to that (yet?). If they were more like soundcloud before soundcloud made all those changes a year or 2 ago to the social aspects that would be a start. Make it very easy and encouraged to comment on tracks, allow tracks to be grouped into sets, allow the creator to choose what sets and what order to present to the listener, etc.
Ethirald

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Vulverant omnes, ultima necat.

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:57:37 PM

I think Musiconomi will be a competitor of Musicoin project and it will be able to put on lights all the feature we, as community, want.

I hope in this project, and I have bags fuuuuuuuuuuull of Musicoin, both bought and mined.

We'll see to the moon.

Maybe someone knows where could i find stats regarding musicoin economy? (number of plays, number of artist, number of users, things like this)
National

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:18:53 AM

That would be nice, but they've got a long way to go and the current website is not really geared to that (yet?). If they were more like soundcloud before soundcloud made all those changes a year or 2 ago to the social aspects that would be a start. Make it very easy and encouraged to comment on tracks, allow tracks to be grouped into sets, allow the creator to choose what sets and what order to present to the listener, etc.

Apparently Soundcloud only has enough funding to last 50 more days. Lets see Musicoin fill the void!
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:35:41 AM

April 02 -> 83m coins circulating
July 02 -> 216m coins circulating
JUly 16 -> 238m coins circulating

133.58m increase in supply in 90 days. Average inflation rate is 1.5m coins per day. Does anybody think this is sustainable? Have the devs promised to do something about this?

Ethereum started in 2015 and we only have 93m coins in circulation today despite high inflation. Upcoming Metropolis update will significantly reduce block rewards to curtail inflation. Musicoin devs need to do something similar as it's an Ethereum fork or else the holders will be screwed.

Please don't screw up a great project like this with absurd inflation rate.
yummyberries (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:29:43 AM

please read the roadmap of $MUSIC blockchain https://medium.com/@musicoin/roadmap-of-musicoin-blockchain-4a65620fefce

Simply put, there's a difficulty bomb within the system, and soon in next year once the money supply reach about 600M, the difficulty will get very high and hard to mine, the money supply will be slowing down quickly. It's similar to ETH and ETC.

Phase 1: "hello", the blockchain will supply roughly 314M coins
Phase 2: "Heal the world", roughtly 600M coins
Phase 3: "Waling on the moon", PoS
Phase 4: "Life on Mars?, PoS v2

fk1

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:42:31 AM

I really like the idea of UBS in v2 HTW phase because listeners can enjoy music for free but artists still get paid so I really can imagine that this will work as it is win-win for artists and listeners.

But this will only succeed if miners constantly putting their hashpower into this wich depends on the worth of MUSICOINS.

When difficulty rises and listeners don't have to buy Coins to listen except of a minority of users willing to tip some artists, what else do you see that keeps the value rising?
Ethirald

Activity: 129

Vulverant omnes, ultima necat.

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:12:49 PM

I really like the idea of UBS in v2 HTW phase because listeners can enjoy music for free but artists still get paid so I really can imagine that this will work as it is win-win for artists and listeners.

But this will only succeed if miners constantly putting their hashpower into this wich depends on the worth of MUSICOINS.

When difficulty rises and listeners don't have to buy Coins to listen except of a minority of users willing to tip some artists, what else do you see that keeps the value rising?

I think we will see a loong decline on musicoin value because of UBI. This is an hazard, Musicoin foundation is going to do some marketing using miner's reward (and this is not correct, imho).

This will attract some artists and their followers into musicoin ecosystem since it will be free. But what will happen to musicoin value when UBI will end it's impossible to predict.

I will definitely hold my bag for a long time, meanwhile I will enjoy free listening on their platform, waiting for a desktop app.

I just have a question.
When the system will be full active, where will songs stored?
vonuke

Activity: 196

I'm on the moon

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:38:10 PM

The system is nice these projects need a little time but I think it is necessary to evaluate this time very well.Investors or investments should be done
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

It would be nice to have Android and IOS app as well. Something like Spotify but for MUSIC coin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:52:29 PM

It would be nice to have Android and IOS app as well. Something like Spotify but for MUSIC coin

+1 , with one button share and comment ability.
madfox11

Activity: 1460
Merit: 573

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:52:52 PM

+1 , with one button share and comment ability.

I hope guys from MiQ will help with that  Wink
yugu

Activity: 238

^_^

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:28:26 PM

April 02 -> 83m coins circulating
July 02 -> 216m coins circulating
JUly 16 -> 238m coins circulating

133.58m increase in supply in 90 days. Average inflation rate is 1.5m coins per day. Does anybody think this is sustainable? Have the devs promised to do something about this?

Ethereum started in 2015 and we only have 93m coins in circulation today despite high inflation. Upcoming Metropolis update will significantly reduce block rewards to curtail inflation. Musicoin devs need to do something similar as it's an Ethereum fork or else the holders will be screwed.

Please don't screw up a great project like this with absurd inflation rate.
I think inflation is too low. And should be increased even more in future.
That is nice, nothing wrong.
The project is on its starting phase still and the current inflation level doesn't influence the price in any perceivable way.
When the coin will be actively used, you will see this level is low, indeed.

CHANGE — First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank | ICO | DISCUSSION
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:39:45 PM

Success in this coin lies in ease of accessibility. If we make it easy for a normal user to easily get on the platform to listen to music and if we get an artist to be easily showcased on the app it would be a big deal.

Just me 2 cents.

There also some competition from Audiocoin/Aurovine but I believe this is a better platform.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
CrayjeksAjek

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 02:14:55 AM

I was very excited when I saw the release of this coin. I have been making music in some form for about 18 years. I went through my old compositions and made a music coin account here: https://musicoin.org/nav/artist/0xdc79c328dc1514d4bc8f23b94f8156c251570b9a
This makes me want to jump back into sound engineering and busting out the old guitar!

pnuematic_toaster

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:20:17 AM

How is all the music on the network stored?

I can't seem to find referance to any of this, in the white papaer or on the net in general.
I came across the OPUS project during my search and it clearly states how to intend to store the artists tracks on a decentrilised storage network, called Interplanetary File System (IPFS)

I'm curious on how this is solved, seems like a very import fact, esspecially if the data upload by the artists remains their data and not stored on a centrilized server that could have data removed.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

How is all the music on the network stored?

I can't seem to find referance to any of this, in the white papaer or on the net in general.
I came across the OPUS project during my search and it clearly states how to intend to store the artists tracks on a decentrilised storage network, called Interplanetary File System (IPFS)

I'm curious on how this is solved, seems like a very import fact, esspecially if the data upload by the artists remains their data and not stored on a centrilized server that could have data removed.

~nigerian servers  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
rian199

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:39:47 PM

Does anybody know how the POS will work? I have been mining this coin on and off because, as a musician myself, I really like the project. But will there be a minimum requirement to stake etc.? I have yet to wrap my head around POS completely, so any details would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: