Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help - GPU 1070 keep power down after mining 2-3 minutes.  (Read 478 times)
ethfreetime (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:03:12 PM

Hi,
I got my rig with 4 GTX 1070 FE running on the PSU CORSAIR RMx Series 1000W. The rig was running fine in last whole week. Suddenly since yesterday, the GPU power will power down right away after I start the claymore mining about 2-3 minutes. The power on the GPU just went off and back on right away and the Claymore or MSI afterburner can't read the GPU temperature anymore. I restarted the PC and all the GPU are back to normal.
The problem happened again when I start mining.
I don't know if some problem with my PSU or GPU.
Any help in this case is greatly appreciate.
Thanks all.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:59:36 PM

Hi,
I got my rig with 4 GTX 1070 FE running on the PSU CORSAIR RMx Series 1000W. The rig was running fine in last whole week. Suddenly since yesterday, the GPU power will power down right away after I start the claymore mining about 2-3 minutes. The power on the GPU just went off and back on right away and the Claymore or MSI afterburner can't read the GPU temperature anymore. I restarted the PC and all the GPU are back to normal.
The problem happened again when I start mining.
I don't know if some problem with my PSU or GPU.
Any help in this case is greatly appreciate.
Thanks all.

Wrong section.......

Have you pulled 1 GPU & tried?? Check that you have drivers installed for ALL GPUs.....

PSU may be going bad....single rail,should be enough....how much RAM & what CPU & HDDs & fans & lights,etc.....You may be over drawing somehow.....check your wattage & add it up to be sure.

Check your settings in Claymore,something may have changed somehow......

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ethfreetime (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:35:20 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your help.
I used 1 GPU and it's running OK for about 10 minutes. Maybe I need to test longer.
Yes, I have the updated driver on all GPU. I also used the DDU to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. I also tried clean the windows and reinstall from beginning.
RAM: 16 GB.
CPU:  Intel Pentium G4400 Skylake Dual-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 1151
HDD: 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
No any extra Fan or light, just the original from GPU and motherboard.
The PC, Windows are still running OK at that time, just the power on 4 GPU are turned off and on.
I only use 1 sata power cable for all 4 gpu. Can it be a problem?
Another thing, sometimes, after the GPU power off and on, I got the blue screen message: nvlddmkm.sys - VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE.
Any other idea?
Thanks,
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:34:03 PM

Any other idea?
Thanks,

Hear's an idea, how about (like was already pointed out) you move this to the right fucking section of the forums.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:23:49 AM

Have you tried mining with each GPU one a time to confirm each one is good?? Let each one run for a few hours & write down results,hashrate,temps,HW errors etc.....get a killawatt meter.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/P3-International-Kill-A-Watt-EZ-Meter-P4460/202196388

You positive the PSU is good?? Try another PSU if you have one.

If all are good,look at your config file,you must have something wrong in it  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: